President's Week Offsite help

kalz0ne

Earning My Ears
Hey all,
My fiance and I are planning a trip for 2/13-2/20. We are both annual passholders and love the convenience staying on property, but with planning our wedding we need to maybe sacrifice some of those conveniences. Currently we have a reservation at Pop for $1083 and after looking at the costs of the flights we were thinking we should maybe consider other (less expensive) options.
Some things we need: Transportation- while on vacation we have drinks. When we have drinks we don't drive. So we'll need to figure out how to get from MCO to where we're staying. It likely won't make sense to rent a car and park it all week. Proximity- We were thinking that if we stayed really close to Disney Springs we could walk there to catch a purple bus to get us to the parks/other resorts. Pool- just for lounging near and maybe a quick dip. It would be nice if we also got a kitchenette (probably going to be using PrimePantry/GG to get noms).

Any help on the best options, best way to book, etc is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

Anything near disney springs is probably going to be $80 a night or over plus the cost of getting to and from the airport.You can use Mears it will proabaly cost about $75 to $100 each way .The purple buses go to creation resorts so in order to use them you have to be staying at a resort that uses them .They usually aren't the cheaper places but each hotel usually has their own shuttles but off site places tend to limit service to a few a day . You will probably find out after adding everything up its about the same price and easier to keep what you have booked at Pop .

Anything near disney springs is probably going to be $80 a night or over plus the cost of getting to and from the airport.You can use Mears it will proabaly cost about $75 to $100 each way .The purple buses go to creation resorts so in order to use them you have to be staying at a resort that uses them .They usually aren't the cheaper places but each hotel usually has their own shuttles but off site places tend to limit service to a few a day . You will probably find out after adding everything up its about the same price and easier to keep what you have booked at Pop .
Plus the hotels by DS also charge a daily resort fee of $15-$24 on top of the room rate. Not to mention you are going during a very popular and busy holiday. All the schools in the New England states have winter break and they head to Florida. Plus there is a big twirling competition at ESPN.

Last edited:
Hey all,
My fiance and I are planning a trip for 2/13-2/20. We are both annual passholders and love the convenience staying on property, but with planning our wedding we need to maybe sacrifice some of those conveniences. Currently we have a reservation at Pop for $1083 and after looking at the costs of the flights we were thinking we should maybe consider other (less expensive) options.
Some things we need: Transportation- while on vacation we have drinks. When we have drinks we don't drive. So we'll need to figure out how to get from MCO to where we're staying. It likely won't make sense to rent a car and park it all week. Proximity- We were thinking that if we stayed really close to Disney Springs we could walk there to catch a purple bus to get us to the parks/other resorts. Pool- just for lounging near and maybe a quick dip. It would be nice if we also got a kitchenette (probably going to be using PrimePantry/GG to get noms).

Any help on the best options, best way to book, etc is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!
In your case, pretty much any off-site savings will be eaten up by transportation costs since you don't have a car. Even if you find a cheap timeshare or motel, its still going to cost around $600 -- then you still have to add in the transport costs.

How far away do you live? Driving to Disney would be cheaper than flying...then you would have car to use to get around, stay in a cheaper place and seek inexpensive food.

My advice is probably what you don't want to hear but may already know ... postpone your vacation until after the expensive wedding.

In your case, pretty much any off-site savings will be eaten up by transportation costs since you don't have a car. Even if you find a cheap timeshare or motel, its still going to cost around $600 -- then you still have to add in the transport costs.

How far away do you live? Driving to Disney would be cheaper than flying...then you would have car to use to get around, stay in a cheaper place and seek inexpensive food.

My advice is probably what you don't want to hear but may already know ... postpone your vacation until after the expensive wedding.

Hey, so we live in Maine- about an hour north of Portland. Driving would take a significant chuck of our vacation away from us.
Also, the fiance is a teacher so any time that he can take off, everyone else is taking off too. It's just the nature of the beast. Additionally, Florida in the summer heat is not anything either of us want to be part of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter