Preschool Autism Event=Which movie would you show?

Something very peaceful. We have some old Sesame Street vhs tapes that dd liked when she was younger. Things like Count with Me, etc. Our younger dd has ASD and she HATED Disney movies. Too much conflict (Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King), which provoked very intense feelings in her that she could not handle. As she got to be 6 or 7 it got better.

I think the Little Einsteins or Backyardigans were awesome - they were interesting but I don't recall having fears come up with those.

Reactions: HM
Thank you all so much for your replies!

Geez, I had no idea that you have to get permission from a movie company to show the movies-?? We are not charging money or anything & it is just for our students. Where can I find the instructions for this? Is there a good chance the company will give permission?

I love the questionnaire idea! I'm going to do it, but admittedly, I'm not expecting many replies.......one of my reasons for putting on this function is an attempt to get our families more involved & connected with our school & with each other. I'm going to try the survey though!

I've narrowed it down to: Frozen, Winnie the Pooh, Finding Nemo, or maybe a Mickey Mouse movie that has to do with winter (but not Christmas)-?? I'm planning to have this in mid-late November.

What are your thoughts about showing "Inside Out"?? Not pre-K appropriate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!