PrePayment question for CRT and others

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by jwgm2012, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jwgm2012

jwgm2012 Geaux Saints!

I apologize if this has been asked before... but can anyone tell me what the formula is for the amount that's prepaid for CRT or any other restaurants that require this? :confused3

First, let me just say I was STUNNED when I tried to make a reservation last night for CRT in June and I had to prepay rather than just a cc guarantee. This was my first encounter with actually prepaying... Then 'bout fell off my chair when I saw the amount Disney wants me to prepay for our group of 6 for dinner... $486! :scared: Holy Cow...

DD is turning 15 and we're headed to the World to celebrate and of course CRT is where she wants her birthday dinner... I'll eventually end up booking it when I have the above amount on my cc... with that said, what happens if come dinner time I want to pay with GC's or cash? Do I just get a refund on the card I prepaid with?

Thanks for your help!

gina

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 2012bella13

2012bella13 Mouseketeer

I was told that if you did not want to let the payment stay on the credit card that you made the reservations with, that you could tell the server at your table that you are requesting another form of payment. I asked because I was not sure if we were going to have the dining plan. If you plan to pay another way, just remember that the tip is already included in your bill.
    Yes, I was shocked at the price too, it will be the only character dining we will have!!!!
    LOL!!!
    We are celebrating 3 birthdays!!

4. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

CRT and the dinner shows (Hoop de Doo, Luau, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue) require payment in full when you make the reservation. The only way not to pre-pay is if you have the dining plan and link it to the reservation.

When you arrive at CRT let your server know you want to use GC or cash and they will refund your credit card. We did this in October and they didn't even require the cc to be presented because they already had the info. The credit showed up almost immediately on our account.

5. jwgm2012

jwgm2012 Geaux Saints!

Thanks so much for the info!

I'm wondering how they come up with the total? Is CRT a fixed price per person like a buffet? I was under the impression you ordered off a menu with costs based on the items ordered?

6. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

CRT is a fixed price, per person meal. You order from a menu, but you pay one price for the meal. The price also includes tip and photo package.