Prepayment of shipboard credit

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kty, Mar 18, 2006.

1. kty

kty Mouseketeer

does anyone know if disney cruise line offers a place to build up a shipboard credit account prior to sailing. It would be nice to add money regularly and have a shipboard credit waiting for you when you arrive. I doubt this can be done, due to cancellations/transfers etc. but It doesnt hurt to ask. thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. callahanjulie10

callahanjulie10 DIS Veteran

Actually, i just did it. I called the 800 # and applied the amount that I needed to my account. They actually credit it to your reservation # and then once you get onboard, it will be applied to your account.
    If you book through a TA, they will have to do the credit for you. You just authorize the amount and they take care of it for you.

4. staceymerrill

staceymerrill DIS Veteran

I dont know how long until your cruise, but why not earn a little interest on your $ until your cruise instead of giving it to DCL to hold???.....you can get 4+% on a good money market account ......

5. Verandah Man

Verandah Man I DREAM of a FANTASY that's full of MAGIC & WONDER DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I just did this on Monday, but I didn't have to go through my TA, I called DCL directly at the 800# and the CM I spoke with took care of it for me. All I had to do was give the CM my ressie number, it was all done in less than five minutes.

6. staceymerrill

staceymerrill DIS Veteran

Andy, when are you cruising?

7. J&B_Disney

J&B_Disney Mouseketeer

Can you apply a pre-payment to your onboard account online anywhere or can it only be done by phoning the 1-800 #?

8. Verandah Man

Verandah Man I DREAM of a FANTASY that's full of MAGIC & WONDER DIS Lifetime Sponsor

May 13, 2006 Eastern, special Surprise 70th Birthday Cruise for my mom. :goodvibes

9. Verandah Man

Can not be done online, I think the only way it can be done is by either fax or phone call.

10. webray

webray Love the wineauxs!

We always do that before we cruise with disney. We estimate our spa, drink, photos, ship souveniers, etc and apply that much money to the account before we cruise, with a bit extra thrown in for good measure.

Somehow we still end up spending more..lol.

11. HappyLawyer

HappyLawyer DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The Hou

i plan to have a pre credit as well, i like te thought of that less as an expense to worry about

12. MommyMinnie

MommyMinnie <font color=green>Let's just keep the bananas as o

Are ya'll charging these credits or using debit card? I'm trying to keep as much of this as possible off the CCard because I can't be trusted.

13. Verandah Man

I used my debit card for the stateroom credit. I'll also have some Disney Reward Dollars to add later.