Prepaid Photopass + now offered at DL

I remember a couple of years ago at WDW, for Test Track only, you could add the ride photo to your photo pass account yourself, by just scanning your photo pass card at a scanner right under the viewing screen. It seems like would be so much easier for everyone, than having to wait in line for the CM to scan your card.

I saw a post recently for WDW that photopass photographers had some special "magic" pics they offering.

Has anyone at DLR received any "magic" pics specifically for Halloween? I would LOVE to be able to get the shot with the Hitch-hiking Ghosts! :goodvibes

If you do the download instead of having them send the CD, how many times can it be downloaded? My sister-in-law's family is meeting us there, and I've already ordered Photopass+. Would they be able to download the photos, too, or will I have to just forward the ones they are in to them?

So, I think I have read all 35 pages....We are going with another family so there will be 8 of us total. So if we go on a ride and are in 4 different cars will we be able to add all 4 photos? And for the meals, will all 8 be in the same photo or would they do 2 photos? Has anyone heard anything about the number of meals per day? Can you do 2 character meals per day and get both packages.

Thanks!

We are a family of three with our son old enough to do single rider lines. When we rode RSR we were each in separate cars, and they were easily able to scan each one to our card.

When we had breakfast at surf and goofy, they took pix with the three of us, then asked if we would like some of just DS.

From our experiences, there should be no issues, since it's obviously not a policy to have all people in vehicles or character meal photos.

So, I think I have read all 35 pages....We are going with another family so there will be 8 of us total. So if we go on a ride and are in 4 different cars will we be able to add all 4 photos? And for the meals, will all 8 be in the same photo or would they do 2 photos? Has anyone heard anything about the number of meals per day? Can you do 2 character meals per day and get both packages.

Thanks!

Ride - no problem to add all photos
Character meal - if they can't fit all of you in the same photo, they might give you 2 photo packages, but it's really a limit of one photo package per pass ( per venue/same trip) so unless you come across someone really nice that's willing to do two photo packages with just one card, you might have to count on one photo print package (even if you take two separate family photos).

Ride - no problem to add all photos
Character meal - if they can't fit all of you in the same photo, they might give you 2 photo packages, but it's really a limit of one photo package per pass ( per venue/same trip) so unless you come across someone really nice that's willing to do two photo packages with just one card, you might have to count on one photo print package (even if you take two separate family photos).

We got 2 photo packages from Goofy's- each on different days. :shrug: It might be one photo per venue per day, but NOT per trip.

Has anyone had a problem with this? I just ran into my first hiccup and I'm trying to not get super pissed at Disney.

We used our Photopass Plus card for 10 ride photos, and maybe 15 park photos taken by a photopass photographer. All of the images were there (39 total, they uploaded some silly stock images to my album). My photos were going to expire in about a week, so I went online last night and redeemed my PhotoCD, and selected the digital download for all of my images. When the email arrived this morning, there were only 10 images inside the zip file, and 10 release letters. The 10 images were from the rides. NONE of the images of my sister and I inside the park together are on the zip file.

That cannot be normal, can it? Those are honestly the only photos I cared about! They were the only pictures taken of the two of us, really, during the entire trip!

We got 2 photo packages from Goofy's- each on different days. :shrug: It might be one photo per venue per day, but NOT per trip.

Who's going to go to Goofy's twice in one day? Not many people. But the larger point is you can get a photo package from each restaurant you visit that offers them.

Has anyone had a problem with this? I just ran into my first hiccup and I'm trying to not get super pissed at Disney.

We used our Photopass Plus card for 10 ride photos, and maybe 15 park photos taken by a photopass photographer. All of the images were there (39 total, they uploaded some silly stock images to my album). My photos were going to expire in about a week, so I went online last night and redeemed my PhotoCD, and selected the digital download for all of my images. When the email arrived this morning, there were only 10 images inside the zip file, and 10 release letters. The 10 images were from the rides. NONE of the images of my sister and I inside the park together are on the zip file.

That cannot be normal, can it? Those are honestly the only photos I cared about! They were the only pictures taken of the two of us, really, during the entire trip!

Call them asap, and they'll help.

You must have the photo PLUS card with you when you get off the attraction ride that has the photos for purchase. You just give them your card & they will link the photo or photos you want directly onto your account. YOU MUST HAVE THE PLUS card with you for ATTRACTION photos.

Kind of true. You can take a picture of the card on your smart phone and show them the picture, or you can get the photo number and add it to the PP+ card later when you have it.

Rainforest_Elf said:

My experience with download option was that ride photos were available immediately, other photopass photos were not available until the next day (I received an email w/ download instructions)

Kind of true. You can take a picture of the card on your smart phone and show them the picture, or you can get the photo number and add it to the PP+ card later when you have it.

Our group may be splitting up some as the little kids can't or don't want to ride many of the rides that have photos. How do you add the photo number to the card yourself? It seems like this would cut down on a lot of running back to the ride with whoever happens to be holding the card.

mzalicia said:
My experience with download option was that ride photos were available immediately, other photopass photos were not available until the next day (I received an email w/ download instructions)

Ours were the same way. I received one with ride photos and the others the next day. Hope that helps!

do they have a first use expiry from date of purchase? We're going to in March next year so I have plenty of time to get one but I want to get one before they put the price up!

do they have a first use expiry from date of purchase? We're going to in March next year so I have plenty of time to get one but I want to get one before they put the price up!

No it does not have an expiration date on the voucher. Not yet.. :scratchin

We purchased the PhotoPass+ before leaving, got our lanyard at the parks and used it during our visit. Now how do I get the CD of the photos? They took the voucher to give me the PhotoPass. I entered the PhotoPass card # online.

coopersmom said:
We purchased the PhotoPass+ before leaving, got our lanyard at the parks and used it during our visit. Now how do I get the CD of the photos? They took the voucher to give me the PhotoPass. I entered the PhotoPass card # online.

Inside the CD of the stock photos you receive will be a code you enter on the PhotoPass website.

is it 30 days like the normal photo pass that we have to enter the numbers online? we just got baack, but our last day in the parks was the 5th.

is it 30 days like the normal photo pass that we have to enter the numbers online? we just got baack, but our last day in the parks was the 5th.

Yes, it's 30 days like the normal photo pass to retrieve/claim your photos.

For the one photo package per visit/trip, I meant on the same visit to character meal.

Kind of true. You can take a picture of the card on your smart phone and show them the picture,

Sometimes. We had several people in our group try this with some success. Some CMs refused to add without the card present, or sometimes they weren't able to scan the phone and get it to read.

or you can get the photo number and add it to the PP+ card later when you have it.

Yes, the person with the card had to make a trip to the attraction later to add it if the phone trick didn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter