Prepaid long distance phone cards ?s

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
We are getting ready for our yearly trip to WDW, but this year we are also taking our first DCL cruise, and we will have the baby with us! Therefore, we are going to want to call Grandma and Grandpa (especially from the Bahamas), so I've been doing some research on prepaid long distance phone cards as family and friends who have them get incredible rates. Questions:

1. Has anyone used the Goldline group of cards - Ci Ci, Ola, Travel?

2. If so, is it as easy as they say?

3. What about rates?

4. Anyone used in Nassau or Castaway Cay?

I called tonight for rates because they advertise on the web and in my CAA mag, 4.5 cent/min to call anywhere in Canada & US, but when I called, they quoted me 12.5 cent/min, plus when used at a pay phone (which is where most people make calls from), there is an .80 cent per call surcharge (it comes from your minutes on the card).

If anyone has any experience with these cards, or can recommend any other ones that are good for USA to Canada, and Bahamas to Canada, I'd appreciate it. My Bell Calling Card rate using Canada Direct for the Bahamas is 1.41 per min, plus .99 cent per call surcharge, and our 2 cell phones won't even work in the Bahamas, so I am interested to hear about people's experiences with making calls from the Bahamas to Canada, particularly Ontario.

Thanks, Tiger

P.S. Only 8 more days to go!

Hi, I posted awhile back about phone cards, they attach to up to 8 phone numbers. I'm with Telesmart which is part of gold line. They do charge you more to use there 1 800 number with a pin.
Sorry I don't have more info.
Maybe if you do a search on phone cards on our threads it will pick it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter