prepaid gratuities on Dcl

matthew517

Mouseketeer
How do you prepay the gratuities on a cruise that was booked through Dvc?

Do I do it through dvc member services or through dcl member services?

I'm not sure but you could always call either DVC or DCL. Personally, I would call DCL first.

I've never thought about prepaying them. We just pay them on board. Since we don't do excursions and are fairly careful with spending, we are not shocked by the bill at the end n

Thank you for the information.
I like to prepay in advance as much as possible. Like DVC. Prepaying for vacations for the next 50 plus years. This will be the first time I will prepay the gratuities.
For my December fantasy cruise the hotel at the airport, rental car and flights are all taken care of. So is my excursion at Costa Maya with the natives choice.
We haven't decided yet on Grand cayman what to do. Maybe the stingray city excursion. Cozumel it is a taxi ride to paradise beach and rent some Jetskis and chill on the beach.
Castaway cay is just relaxing at the adult beach.

If you prepay the gratuities on your Disney Visa, you will get the 6 months at 0%

If you go to the DCL website, there is a form for in room gifts and it also has a place to add OBC. Add the amount you want on your account for tips, include the credit card and sign it. It will show as OBC on your account once you board.

I don't have a disney credit card because they use chase.
I wish they would switch away from chase.

I understand wanting to have everything prepaid before the cruise, but why would you want to give away access to YOUR money 7+ months in advance? Interest rates might not be much, but they are something.

I understand wanting to have everything prepaid before the cruise, but why would you want to give away access to YOUR money 7+ months in advance? Interest rates might not be much, but they are something.

You can pre-pay the tips even a few days prior to boarding, or several weeks or months; or wait to pay it onboard. Many people save ahead for vacations and don't want to either carry a lot of cash, or don't enjoy coming home to the credit card bills in a couple of weeks. So pre-paying the tips makes sense in these cases. The rest of the cruise fare is "pre-paid" at least 75 days ahead, it's not much to add the tips as well.

That's a good question, since we paid with DVC. Our past cruises we have paid at the end of the cruise, do we have to prepay gratuities now?

That's a good question, since we paid with DVC. Our past cruises we have paid at the end of the cruise, do we have to prepay gratuities now?

Pre-pay refers to paying before you board. Tips will automatically be charged to your onboard account early in the cruise, though you can make adjustments at Guest Services. If you pre-pay, you'll start with a credit for that amount, otherwise it eventually gets charged to your credit card (or pay cash) with other onboard charges. If you used a TA (like DVC or other) the TA must call to pre-pay tips, if you did your own reservation you can call yourself. Pre-pay is not required.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter