Preordering Photo Pass Plus From Australia?

Hi all, Hoping that someone can help. There used to be a "sneaky" link that you could follow to pre-purchase a photopass card, prior to your trip, for $99 Does such a thing still exist? I'm travelling to WDW at the end of November, so there is still time to order a card (I hope) but I'm trying to save as many $$ as I can along the way.

I ordered ours on the 20th of September from memory & it arrived on Friday, so roughly 2 weeks including a public holiday :)

My photopass+ arrived today so 10 days from ordering to arriving in NZ - very quick!

Received my photopass today. Took 11 business days, not too bad. Would definitely recommend 3 weeks in advance for those who live in rural areas. Took 15 days to get to Melbourne.

Okay so I ordered my Photopass Plus online and it arrived today, which is great :cool1:. However this is the bit that has confused me.

I thought it would be the actual "photopass" card however there is a sealed DVD case thing with a voucher attached that says I have to go to a Disney Photopass Centre to get the real card????

A. I don't know where to begin to find one of these Photopass Centres.

B. What is inside the DVD case if it's not the card.

C. How is this more convenient than just walking up to a Photopass person and getting them to hand you a card?

I clearly should have researched this before ordering it. It doesn't seem to be easier to do it this way.

Any help or information would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Lisa

I ordered mine on the 11th of oct and it still hasn't arrived. We leave in 6 days so I emailed Disney to see here it is. Did anyone get a tracking number when it was sent? I didn't get sent any tracking info for it.

I ordered mine on the 11th of oct and it still hasn't arrived. We leave in 6 days so I emailed Disney to see here it is. Did anyone get a tracking number when it was sent? I didn't get sent any tracking info for it.

Wow, I hope it arrives in time. That was probably cutting it very close to your travel date but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it arrives.

Ms Suttergirl, the photo place is on main street in Disneyland on the right hand side as you walk towards the castle. You swap it for an actual card. Inside the DVD case is a DVD with photos of disney and CA.

Probably not more convenient than getting one from a photographer, but you can't get the "plus" card from them, when they see this card they will take a lot more pics than usual.

We have just returned and got 3 ride pictures and two character dining packs, actual photos in a folder as well as the pics on our card. We did more rides but the pics were no good so didn't get them added.

I just ordered our CD today after editing and adding borders to pics, you can save them as copies so ended up with a lot more pictures than I started with. Also included on my account were pictures of cars land which were not on the original CD as it's new. you should have a code with your stuff so when you order the CD it will be free instead of $69.99, all you pay is shipping.

I'll try and check in again if anyone has anymore questions. I thought it was great value for money.

Excited Sam - thank you for the detailed information. It's good to know you felt that it was worthwhile. We are actually visiting WDW so I'm wondering where in the parks I will be able to pick up my card.

I do like the idea of getting the ride photos included.

Ours took about 2 weeks to arrive as well. We're in Melbourne. I'm sure you'll find somewhere easily to swap your voucher for a card. Personally, I'd make it one of the first things you do so you can take advantage of any Photopass photographers with characters.

For us, it was great to be able to get photos with me in them! I'm always the one behind the camera, so the photopass ones are just about the only photos that I appear in. We got ride photos and a couple of character dining ones (also with the physical photos in a pack at the end of our meal) and we took advantage of just about every photographer we saw. Sometimes they were really quiet and spent quite a bit of time taking extra shots for us. Not all the photos were great, but there were enough.

We've now put together a calendar for each of the grandparents through the photopass site using the photos and a Disney photo book. The photo book was comparable to good non-Disney ones, and it had the option of Disney themed background pages and 'stickers' to add. Much more cheesy than the type of photo book I'd normally put together, but absolutely perfect for that holiday!

Does anybody know how far in advance you can order this? Is there a time limit between ordering the card and taking your trip? We have about 11 months until our trip, but I like paying for little things as we go...

Ms shuttergirl, sorry didn't realize you were going to WDW. Maybe check on the WDW site for a photo shop, if they list the stores etc.. It might be different for WDW. Or ask anyone as soon as you reach the first park or even hotel if you're staying onsite. The ride photos were great, we got awesome ones for splash mountain and space mountain, but unfortunately each time on California screamin we were blocked by the people in front of us! Being WDW I'm sure you'll get a lot more photos than we did!

5ofus, I certain ours had no expiry date on it. I ordered it a few months in advance.

Thanks Excitedsam. Good to know the ride pics were fun. I'll ask when we check into POFQ. I'm sure it can't be that hard.

I had a quick search - it seems any of the photo centers in any parks are the place to go to get the photopass+ card swapped for the voucher - they'll be marked on the park maps and I can't imagine they'd be too far into the parks. I know you are going to WDW but at DL it was at the end of Main St. I've read that it says where you can swap the voucher on the back of the dvd/voucher?

EPCOT - Camera Center
MK - Exposition Hall
DAK - Garden Gate Gifts
DHS - Cover Story
DTD - Team Mickey

And this was from the PhotoPass+ facebook page :)

Q. Aside from the in park PhotoPass Sales Centers, is there anywhere else I may purchase Disney PhotoPass+ at the Walt Disney World Resort and/or Disneyland Resort?

R. Disney PhotoPass+ is available at the PhotoPass Sales Centers located inside the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort theme parks as well as:

At the Walt Disney World Resort the following merchandise locations have Disney PhotoPass+ available for sale*:
Team Mickey at Downtown Disney
M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort
Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort

(assuming as you can purchase it at these locations it's also the place to pick them up from the vouchers)

Does anybody know how far in advance you can order this? Is there a time limit between ordering the card and taking your trip? We have about 11 months until our trip, but I like paying for little things as we go...

I think I paid for mine about three or four months before but I could be wrong. I know it was as soon as the deal came out for $169 for photopass +. It was one of the best things I have done. Loved being able to get unlimited photos taken and knowing I didn't have to cough over the money to have them. I am also one of these ppl that have to have the photos from rides, which can get really expensive, so another money saver for me. My biggest problem was coming back and wanting to order lots of things using our photos. Luckily for my bank account our time limit was reached yesterday and I cant buy anything more:guilty: Now I just have to be patient and wait for delivery.

If you do find out if there is a time limit on pre-purchasing it would be great to know as I will do it again for next Septembers trip.

Tashinwdw - I'm the same, was just going to order the CD with my voucher and be done, but ended up getting two 2012 mugs and drink bottles with our pictures on it! Had to be done!! but also had to hold back from getting anything else too. Still got another few weeks before our pictures expire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter