Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

Is it possible to upgrade the PAP to the Premier pass at Disneyland? Thanks.

Yes, but you will only get credit for the actual price you paid for the PAP when you upgrade. If you upgrade from the $399 PAP, you will only get credit for $399 towards the purchase of the WDW/DL Premier Passport.

Is it possible to upgrade the PAP to the Premier pass at Disneyland? Thanks.

Yes. But they will look-up the exact value you paid for the PAP and that's the amount of credit you will receive.

In other words, if you buy the $399 (plus tax) PAP, you will get credit for $399 plus tax. There are no additional savings to be realized by purchasing the discounted PAP and then upgrading to the Premier.

I have read that passes purchased at Disneyland are not subject to tax so I guess some tax money is saved. Is the tax on the pass paid at DW included in the credit? If so, the balance is 850-425=~425.

If I can eke out 2 4-day visits there, I think it may be worth it. Thanks.

Yes. But they will look-up the exact value you paid for the PAP and that's the amount of credit you will receive.

In other words, if you buy the $399 (plus tax) PAP, you will get credit for $399 plus tax. There are no additional savings to be realized by purchasing the discounted PAP and then upgrading to the Premier.

I have read that passes purchased at Disneyland are not subject to tax so I guess some tax money is saved. Is the tax on the pass paid at DW included in the credit? If so, the balance is 850-425=~425.

If I can eke out 2 4-day visits there, I think it may be worth it. Thanks.
Any money collected as Florida state sales tax on a PAP purchase goes to the state of Florida. If you upgraded in Florida, you would pay 850 - 399 = 451 and then you would be taxed on that $451. If as you say California does not charge tax then I expect you would owe $451 and no additional tax. I don't think you would get a refund/credit of the Florida state sales tax against the additional money due to Disney on the upgrade.

In order to get a "credit" for the sales tax paid to Florida, Disney would have to treat the upgrade as a full refund of the price paid for the PAP and then a new purchase of the Premium pass. Then the question becomes, can you purchase something in Florida, return it in California and get the Florida tax refunded. I suspect Disney doesn't do that.

My understanding is that the net price is the same regardless of whether you buy in Florida or California. Disney does some sort of CA/FL split on the total cost of the pass. The Florida portion is taxed at 6.5% regardless of where you buy.

Anyone know differently? :confused3

My understanding is that the net price is the same regardless of whether you buy in Florida or California. Disney does some sort of CA/FL split on the total cost of the pass. The Florida portion is taxed at 6.5% regardless of where you buy.

Anyone know differently? :confused3

I found the original DisneyParks Blog post regarding the Premier Passport. One of the questions was about Sales Tax. In that post, the Premier Passport cost $700 and the FL Sales Tax (6.5%) came out to $22.75. $700/2=$350. $350*6.5%=22.75. That makes the FL portion of the Premier Passport 50% of the price if the ratio still stands.
Click image below to see larger version:

See Comment #94 (on Page 2):
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...er-passport-unveiled/comment-page-2/#comments

Interesting! In the example shown, tax is paid on half of the price. When upgrading from a PAP (valued at $399) I wonder if they tax you on the $26 difference.

Florida charges 6.5% Sales Tax on tickets at WDW.

California does not charge any Sales Tax on tickets that will be used at DLR.

The Disney Premier Passport is considered that it will be used half in Florida and half in California. So it does not matter where you purchase the DPP; 50% ($424.50) is subject to the 6.5% tax and the other 50% is not subject to tax. (Or you can just say the $849 is subject to 3.25% tax.)

So the actual selling price of the DPP is $876.59 including tax, and the value (again, including tax) of the DVC Promotional PAP is $424.94. The the payment difference to upgrade a DVC PAP to a DPP is $451.65.

I managed to upgrade my 14 day Ultimate tickets to PAP for $73 each at DTD last week so I was very pleased with that as I had calculated more than that!

I have a quick question......my DH & I are both on our DVC contract and have member cards. Is that all we will be required to show when purchasing the PAP? Or will we both still need to show our driver's licenses? My license has our old address on it....:mad: If so, can I just bring a bill that has my name on it at our current address?

Thanks!

I have a quick question......my DH & I are both on our DVC contract and have member cards. Is that all we will be required to show when purchasing the PAP? Or will we both still need to show our driver's licenses? My license has our old address on it....:mad: If so, can I just bring a bill that has my name on it at our current address?

Thanks!

You are both on the contract, so address won't matter.

We arrive in 16 days. We have a split stay between a Magic your way package that includes tickets and dining for 5 nights and then 4 nights in our DVC room.

I have a Gift card from our Disney rewards visa with roughly $1000 on it.

Can the MYW packaged tickets be used as a credit towards a premium annual pass, using the DVC discount and my gift card?

Thanks,
YO

We arrive in 16 days. We have a split stay between a Magic your way package that includes tickets and dining for 5 nights and then 4 nights in our DVC room.

I have a Gift card from our Disney rewards visa with roughly $1000 on it.

Can the MYW packaged tickets be used as a credit towards a premium annual pass, using the DVC discount and my gift card?

Thanks,
YO

See this post by Cheshire Figment who is a Disney Ticketing CM: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46590675&postcount=7

If I were to buy a 8 day convention park hopper ticket for ~340, use it once, and then upgrade it to a DVC premium pass, will the convention ticket be realized at full value? I read that convention tickets are 10% off.

Will I get full value out of the convention tickets similar to buying from UT?
Thanks.

Florida charges 6.5% Sales Tax on tickets at WDW.

California does not charge any Sales Tax on tickets that will be used at DLR.

The Disney Premier Passport is considered that it will be used half in Florida and half in California. So it does not matter where you purchase the DPP; 50% ($424.50) is subject to the 6.5% tax and the other 50% is not subject to tax. (Or you can just say the $849 is subject to 3.25% tax.)

So the actual selling price of the DPP is $876.59 including tax, and the value (again, including tax) of the DVC Promotional PAP is $424.94. The the payment difference to upgrade a DVC PAP to a DPP is $451.65.

Convention discounted tickets are special and normally cannot be upgraded or modified in any way. If they can be modified they are not eligible for price bridging, so your value would be what Disney sold them for originally.

But anyone 18 or older purchasing any type of AP must show a photo ID.

Which she has. It just has the old address on it.

Here in WA you are required to *notify* the DMV of address changes, but you do NOT need to change your license to match their records. If you do choose to get a new DL, there is a fee. So for quite awhile DH and I didn't have our right address on our DLs because we moved once a year for a few years. It could have been a problem when we upgraded to APs, but with that explanation for why our addresses didn't match the CM was fine; it would have been an issue for us because I am merely the Associate.

Since the PP is also an owner, her ID having a different address won't cause the same potential issue that my ID having a different address could have done.

Just thought I'd share that I was able to upgrade my Florida resident annual pass to a DVD premium annual pass for a whopping $14.61. :woohoo:

I have some 6 day passes that I purchased through UT. We will be in WDW over Thanksgiving and I would like to upgrade these tics to PAP's for my husband and son. Will they give me the current gate price for these tickets. I read your "Everything about WDW tickets" that talks about "bridging". We (my daughters and I) purchased AP's over the summer and the CM at guest relations wouldn't give us current gate price for our passes. He said bridging wasn't allowed anymore for tics purchased through discount sellers. He would only give us what we paid for them. I was going to try another CM at another time but we were anxious to get our AP's so we could get our TIW card too. Is it the luck of the draw of CM's as to whether the CM will "bridge"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter