Premiere pass and MMH

kangaand2roos

DIS Veteran
So, we are going to DLR this summer and I'm contemplating buying Premiere passes as we are most likely going to WDW in the fall and will then probably be back at DLR the following summer. At this point, I'm pretty sure we are going to do this, but the one downside is that we will not be able to take advantage of Morning Magic Hour. I know that is not a reason to NOT buy the pass, but I was wondering if I could buy our multi day passes,use our one MMH entry and then upgrade them to premiere passes. Would I get the total purchase cost in the exchange, or just the remaining value on the passes?

Thanks in advance,

Stacey

Oooh. Great question! I am going Sunday and was going to upgrade my park-hopper to a premium pass after I went in for magic mornings. However, I didn't think of 'decreasing trade-in' amount. Do they do that?

Personally, I have never had a good (or bad) experience with DL's MM so I can take it or leave it.

I would miss WDW's magic evenings more though. Staying late at EPCOT and being in the MK until 3am were some of the best experiences of my life (and everything was a walk on!).

So, we are going to DLR this summer and I'm contemplating buying Premiere passes as we are most likely going to WDW in the fall and will then probably be back at DLR the following summer. At this point, I'm pretty sure we are going to do this, but the one downside is that we will not be able to take advantage of Morning Magic Hour. I know that is not a reason to NOT buy the pass, but I was wondering if I could buy our multi day passes,use our one MMH entry and then upgrade them to premiere passes. Would I get the total purchase cost in the exchange, or just the remaining value on the passes?

Thanks in advance,

Stacey

You would get the total price of the multi day pass applied toward your Premier, just make sure your multi day pass is still valid when you do it.

Also, remember that your AP will be dated to the first day that you used the PH, not the day that you upgraded.

Have so much fun!

Thanks so much! I would do it on the first day or two of my trip, so expiration and start date won't be a problem. Thanks!

FYI, if you are staying onsite at disneyland, you will get MM with any sort of admission. So the use-MM-then-upgrade plan isn't *necessary* if you are staying onsite.

Also, remember that your AP will be dated to the first day that you used the PH, not the day that you upgraded.

Have so much fun!

We first used our parkhoppers on May 1 of this year upgraded to AP on May 3 after using our MM.

Our AP's expire May 3, 2013, So one year from when we upgraded NOT from when we first used our parkhoppers.

Just my recent experience.

Unfortunately, we are not staying on site this year. We did last year and LOVED the MMH benefit. We will likely use our MMH entry on our first day, so it sounds like it will all be well!

We first used our parkhoppers on May 1 of this year upgraded to AP on May 3 after using our MM.

Our AP's expire May 3, 2013, So one year from when we upgraded NOT from when we first used our parkhoppers.

Same with my DH last November. I got my Premier Passport on the 9th.... then we decided to upgrade his park hopper to a Premier Passport on the 12th. My pass expires on the 9th... his on the 12th, but he used his hopper the 3 days prior to.

Be ready for the 3rd degree when you upgrade. I upgraded my Mom's 3 day hopper last month on her last day and she was asked when was the 1st day she used the pass and what parks and what order did she go for the 3 days.
It wasn't a big deal and we were upgrading on the last day on the way out of the parks at 10:30pm. I have heard that people have gotten used hoppers that are not theirs and used them as part payment for APs, so I am sure that they are trying to stop that. Just a heads up to remember were you have been :).

that's not the policy. So we should always be prepared for the policy to happen, and then a few people can be extra-happy when they get pixie dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter