Pregnant & Universal ?

pandora174

DIS Veteran
Hi, just found out I'm pregnant :D & we're headed to Universal 9/8 thru 9/14. I would be approx. 5 to 6 months along. Anyone been to the parks while pregnant ? What can I expect & what rides should I avoid ? Other than the obvious roller coasters what about the Cat & the Hat, Men in Black, Jaws, Kongfrontation ? My DH wants to cancel the trip :( but I'm determined we can still have a great time ! Am I right ? Any advice will be most appreciated !!!!

Congratulations!!!
While I'm no expert, I WAS 6 months pregnant when I visited USF awhile ago. The rule of thumb that I was told before I went on my trip was that if a ride spins or drops, and therefore is pulling the blood away from your baby, then those things should be avoided. They post a warning sign on just about every attraction that moves, however, advising that pregnant women do not ride. I'm pretty sure it's to cover themselves. So I wouldn't do Men In Black and I would have them take the spin off of your cat in the hat vehicle. Unfortunately, Spiderman spins as well...just a few times, but I don't think I'd like to speculate as to how much is TOO much.
I did Kong, Earthquake and Back to the Future as they just jerk you around a bit, the baby is well protected in there and there is no spinning or anything like that. Actually, aside from MIB, I can't think of anything at the Studios that should be a problem. At IOA, I can't think of very many things that won't be, however... :(
Don't cancel though, go and enjoy your freedom!!! :rolleyes: Drink plenty of fluids and take it slow! 5-6 months is the best time to travel, IMO.
Are you going to WDW at all? They might have more to keep you busy the rest of your stay...perhaps a couple of days over there might be fun.
Have fun!
Karen

Just a question - if you are 5-6 months along and say you do decide to ride an attraction with a pregnancy warning - do the ride attendants let you make the choice to ride or do they prohibit you from riding if you are obviously pregnant?

Originally posted by Antonia
Just a question - if you are 5-6 months along and say you do decide to ride an attraction with a pregnancy warning - do the ride attendants let you make the choice to ride or do they prohibit you from riding if you are obviously pregnant?

I was quite obviously pregnant, and nobody said a word to me...I can't imagine that they would...or could, actually say something to someone. The signs are there, so they've covered themselves.

Karen

Originally posted by Barry Hom
I just got to ask this...

When you got pregnant, did your husband ask, "How did that happen?" :)

Oh believe me...that's not something he would be ABLE to forget!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter