Preferred not avail?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by raven0855, May 2, 2011.

1. raven0855

raven0855 Mouseketeer

Today I switched from the kids stay and play to the free dining. Which we upgraded to deluxe. Saving a whooping $7. But getting the photobook too. Anyway to my question-

We booked standard room at pop and today I asked if I could switch to preferred. I was told there were no rooms avail under the promotion. If I go online to book it shows that I could get a preferred room. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I called and the system is down so I have to call back but want to known if it's worth it to call.

Tia!

Ps please feel free to move not sure where this should be posted!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyRunner2009

DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

There are a predetermined number of rooms available for any given promotion. I would suspect all the preferred rooms allocated to the promotion are sold out. Are you using the promo code, when booking online?

4. raven0855

raven0855 Mouseketeer

I was using the code online thats what was baffling me. I just called again and the system is up and I was able to upgrade

5. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Someone else may have come along in that time period; upgraded as well and a room become available.

Most likely the computer system could see if available, but the online system may not have picked it up yet.