Pre trip questions

micksn

DIS Veteran
It's just over a week till we head off for our winter trip to Davy Crockett. Very excited to see the swing into spring and easter decorations (as shown on inside dlp) These were not out when we went last February. Also the forest of enchantment looks good!

We quite fancy afternoon tea at the DLH. Does anyone have a link to their menu and do they still do the charcaters on the stairs at 4pm? (We are thinking of going on Thursday afternoon)

As we are staying at DCR we are fancying a breakfast at one of the other hotels. Does anyone know the current cost of breakfast at SL or HNY?

Thanks :mickeyjum:goofy::donald::dumbo::tigger::ccat::tinker:

Sorry can't help on most things as I'm a little out of practice on DLRP! I think they stopped Descent des Stairs (think that's how you spell it)! I think it stopped when the characters stopped in the hotels, but weren't they brought back over the winter period - so perhaps it is on again for a short period?

I really just came on to say I hope you have a brilliant time! The new things look really exciting so I'm sure you'll have an amazing break although I must say it seems funny having Spring things out so early!! :flower1:

I see you are off to WDW and Universal in 6 months time as well! Lucky you - I liked the look of CSR. We are having a Disney free year after our mammoth Orlando trip last year! We are off to Portugal in the summer and have booked to go to Thailand for Christmas which has us all super excited :dogdance:. Hoping to do one (or two!) trips to DLRP next year with it being the 25th anniversary :p.

I really just came on to say I hope you have a brilliant time! The new things look really exciting so I'm sure you'll have an amazing break although I must say it seems funny having Spring things out so early!! :flower1:
Thank you! I agree it does seem early, but delighted to have something new to see particularly with all the refurbs going on. (I expect that's why they've done it!) Looking forward to the break - long drive there and back, but will hopefully be worth it. :mickeyjum

see you are off to WDW and Universal in 6 months time as well! Lucky you - I liked the look of CSR.
I've just booked RPR for 2 nights at Universal so very excited about that after seeing your review last year! CSR is a new one for us so looking forward to seeing it. :thumbsup2

I loved RPR - more than OKW at WDW! We did 3 nights (paid for 4 as once you hit 4 the price isn't much different, but ended up checking into WDW earlier, so lost our 4th night). We didn't get to use the hotel pool which is a shame as it looked nice, but quite small, but nicely themed. It's so easy to walk from the hotel that we only used the boat shuttle once I think - just to say we'd done it. We also didn't eat in the hotel which is a shame as I've heard good things about the meals. DH doesn't want to do Florida again and I'm not that bothered either - feel we did what we wanted to, but I'd definitely stay at RPR if we were going back again. We all loved Universal as you know - felt very much like DLRP in terms of size and being able to walk to the parks etc.

I can't recall if you've done Universal before? But if you haven't been to Bubba Gumps in City Walk I'd recommend it - we all loved it - was our first meal out of our holiday and probably one of our most memorable!

I think CSR looks the best of the moderates - really nice looking resort. Will keep a look out for your return to find out what you thought.

Anyway, back on topic - I hope your drive goes OK, it is a very long way!! The girls really want to go back to DLRP but we just decided to take a Disney break this year. I'd like to try DCR sometime but we never have a car as always fly.

I was having a look on the Disneystore website last night (both girls have birthdays coming up!) and I noticed in the DLRP stuff that they have some 'Spring' mugs which I'm guessing are part of their merchandise for the event. They are really pretty - have a look if you get a chance.

Have you been able to find out about Descent? I suspect it has stopped. I haven't done breakfast at HNY but have at SL but it was Golden Forest which I'm guessing you can't pay to go into. I presume it's the standard breakfast you could get. I don't think they offer hot items on that one do they? What about seeing if you can get breakfast in the park one day - do they not do that any more? I know it's always at certain times of the year so may not be running at this time.

We've done Universal as a day trip from Disney, but not stayed there. Bubba Gumps does look good :thumbsup2
Breakfast isn't included at DCR so you can't swap for a park breakfast. We'll probably self cater the first few mornings, but would like a nice breakfast as well. We might see if we can book Cafe Mickey if we can't go to a resort hotel. :coffee:

Oh definitely do Bubbas then. Shrimps are to die for but if you don't like seafood there's lots of other dishes. Swat up on the film before you go though as they ask you questions in a mini quiz - ha ha! There's a Cinnabons there too - just across from Bubbas - yum yum! We loved ours - took them back to our hotel room and they were still warm - just shows it's not far to walk!

Yes, Cafe Mickey would be a great compromise for breakfast! Sorry, I forgot breakfast was no longer compris at DCR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts