Pre Trip for Perrin: MAW WDW/GKTW for Star Wars Weekend!! June 2-9 2011!

Wow. Thanks for sharing your story. He sounds like a special guy--I hope he gets his wish to be there for Star Wars Weekend!

Judy!!! Thats great!! I am an IM trainer at duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE. Would you mind pm'ing me about what changes you saw in him!! Im so interested in hearing everyone's story with IM. It just makes so much sense, I dont know why anyone would not try it!!

Wendy, I am getting ready to send you a long PM. :lmao: I think EVERYBODY should use it, I wish I could afford it for all three of mine who haven't tried it and a boost for David! (Our insurance didn't want to pay for David's therapy, but there were ways ;)).

YEA for meeting with Wish Granters, that is so exciting! I hope all of the plans work out just as you are WISHING for them too!!!

I am so excited to see that you got your dates. Star Wars weekends are really neat as you can see I am from Texas also we are lucky and get to go every six months because my youngest daughter works for disney if I can hel you in any way let know I will be happy to answer any questions if I can if not I know someone who can.
Sheri

I am so excited to see that you got your dates. Star Wars weekends are really neat as you can see I am from Texas also we are lucky and get to go every six months because my youngest daughter works for disney if I can hel you in any way let know I will be happy to answer any questions if I can if not I know someone who can.
Sheri

Thanks! I haven't been to WDW since I was 9 (20 years ago) and my dh and kids have never been! I vaguely remember the park so I am planning like I never went! LOL. I heard a lot of things have changed.

I just wanted to say hi! I'm glad Perrin is getting a wish, and you will have an AMAZING time at SWW. We went on my DD's wish trip last year during SWW, and the kids loved every minute of it. DHS and the Star Wars characters were their favorite part of it all.

Catherine has hydrocephalus and VP shunt like Perrin, although different circumstances surrounding at all. We've not had any complications with the shunt (knock on wood!), but have loads of other medical issues alongside the hydrocephalus.

Can't wait to follow along as you plan!

I just wanted to say hi! I'm glad Perrin is getting a wish, and you will have an AMAZING time at SWW. We went on my DD's wish trip last year during SWW, and the kids loved every minute of it. DHS and the Star Wars characters were their favorite part of it all.

Catherine has hydrocephalus and VP shunt like Perrin, although different circumstances surrounding at all. We've not had any complications with the shunt (knock on wood!), but have loads of other medical issues alongside the hydrocephalus.

Can't wait to follow along as you plan!

Its always nice to connect with others with a shunt. Most people around us don't know what it is. I do believe he is the only one at his school with one. In dec 09 was his first malfunction. I hope Catherine is doing well. Perrin is doing well, just dealing with the fall out from the mistakes made during the revision surgery.

Got a call from our wish manager today! We have our dates!!!:cool1: June 2-June 9. They gave us 2 choices for our trip. First choice: 3 intense days of Star Wars Weekend. Fly out thursday, stay in a hotel on property, Star Wars weekend Fri, Sat, Sun, Fly out Mon. Or Choice 2: Fly out Thurs, stay at GKTW, and have the regular package of 3 day park hopper disney tickets, 2 days at Universal, etc. (No brainer in my book) We chose choice 2. Longer trip for P, more to do. The 3 day choice is usually for older kids, as it is from morning til close. We are super excited. We will be flying out from San Antonio, so we will stay in a hotel the night before because we live 2 hrs from the San Antonio airport. We can't wait!!!

Hey I just read your PTR and it struck a heart string. Perrin definatly deserves a Wish trip and I hope he has a blast at SWW. I am glad you chose to go to GKTW. It is truely a magical place and full of memories you will never forget. We had our wish trip in 2009 and had a great time.

I was reading the post of your birth of Perrin in the hospital and it brought back some memories. My youngest son was born at 26 weeks premature because of Placenta Previa. I went through two times of Magnisium and agree that it is one of the worst things I had to go through. Horrible.:headache:

Rylan just turned one and seemed to be duing alright, but we saw his developmental dr on wed and she wants to do an eye exam and see a nurologist because of how delayed he is and the fact that he isn't making eye contact. :eek:

Will you be going to DHS for SWW on June 3rd? I am taking my son on a return trip to WDW on May 29th- June 3rd and are planning on going to SWW on June 3rd. Liam is really looking forward to this. He loves Star Wars as well and will just have turned 9 before our trip. If we are both there maybe we can plan for the boys to meet. One ex-wish tripper meeting one current wish tripper. Ahhh, the joy. Plus I think they might have a lot of Star Wars stuff to talk about.:yoda::darth::ewok::chewy:

Can't wait to read more planning.

Just read through the thread! I am so excited for you all!! We met with our planners today and it looks like a go. Just waiting for the dates!! May or June!! This all seems so unreal!

Hey I just read your PTR and it struck a heart string. Perrin definatly deserves a Wish trip and I hope he has a blast at SWW. I am glad you chose to go to GKTW. It is truely a magical place and full of memories you will never forget. We had our wish trip in 2009 and had a great time.

I was reading the post of your birth of Perrin in the hospital and it brought back some memories. My youngest son was born at 26 weeks premature because of Placenta Previa. I went through two times of Magnisium and agree that it is one of the worst things I had to go through. Horrible.:headache:

Rylan just turned one and seemed to be duing alright, but we saw his developmental dr on wed and she wants to do an eye exam and see a nurologist because of how delayed he is and the fact that he isn't making eye contact. :eek:

Will you be going to DHS for SWW on June 3rd? I am taking my son on a return trip to WDW on May 29th- June 3rd and are planning on going to SWW on June 3rd. Liam is really looking forward to this. He loves Star Wars as well and will just have turned 9 before our trip. If we are both there maybe we can plan for the boys to meet. One ex-wish tripper meeting one current wish tripper. Ahhh, the joy. Plus I think they might have a lot of Star Wars stuff to talk about.:yoda::darth::ewok::chewy:

Can't wait to read more planning.

I am very sorry to hear about your youngest. When they are born that early is so hard. I was lucky he was my first so I could devote all my energy and time to him and solving problems. I can't imagine how hard it is to have to split time caring for a sick child and another. You must be so strong. :hug:

Perrin started wearing glasses at 3 and has to wear them ever since. Hope all goes well with Rylan at the neuro. Ours is fantastic and is my "go to man" LOL.

We would love to meet up! That's why we are getting there a day before. To kind of get settled then STAR WARS TIME! LOL.

Just read through the thread! I am so excited for you all!! We met with our planners today and it looks like a go. Just waiting for the dates!! May or June!! This all seems so unreal!

Thanks for taking the time to read. It will start to feel real when you get the dates. (well, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop) LOL

Monday is the official day back to school from Spring Break. My mom left friday to back home to New Orleans. She had been here since March 8th. While she was here, she got to see some of the changes in his personality and behavior. She actually got upset when we left walmart one day because he had a attack of the blepharospasm. She told me that she feels so bad for him and she wanted to run back into the store to buy him a toy. I had to put a stop to that. I told her that we couldn't do that because he had an attack or got upset. I told her if I did that every time he got upset I would be even more poor than I am now! LOL He has an OBSESSION with Star Wars. I do not take this word lightly. He actually starts BAWLING because I said he could not get a toy. Tears, snot, lip quiver etc. Then comes the blepharospasm. The blinking he is unable to stop. That makes him even more upset. This was my mom's first experience with this. It happens quite frequently these days. When he's tired or upset, which it feels like he is constantly. I try to avoid going to the store when he is with me because this is what awaits for me as I walk out after checkout. I know I shouldn't be frustrated with him, but sometime I can't help it. He knows how tight money is. My husband was unemployed for almost a whole year. He got a job in September of 2010. Our bills had piled up, car payment was 4 months overdue. Luckily, we got a sizable tax return so we were able to catch up on everything. I still can't afford to buy him everything he would want, although I would love too. After a week of fighting, bickering, arguing, waking up at 6:30 am (even though I can't get him up before 7:15 on a school day, school starts at 7:45), I can't wait for them to go back to school. :lmao: He loves school and it makes his week go by faster. Monday is also therapy day (Swimming day!!) :woohoo:

Awww - sweet Grandma!!!! It must be hard for Perrin when he has an attack, and you too!! I hope that everything at Disney goes smoothly. Does he do well with rules before you go? There are a LOT of gift shops there, including one with a TON of star wars stuff at HS!!!

Awww - sweet Grandma!!!! It must be hard for Perrin when he has an attack, and you too!! I hope that everything at Disney goes smoothly. Does he do well with rules before you go? There are a LOT of gift shops there, including one with a TON of star wars stuff at HS!!!

He is pretty good most of the time. He is my best behaved child. I promised him since this is his trip, we would get some stuff at Boba's bounty. He loves "the fetts"!

Must be hard to put your foot down especially when Grandma is involved...Every grandma loves to spoil the kiddies. I totally get you though! :lovestruc When $$ is tight it is not a pattern start!! :rolleyes:

I am very sorry that you have to deal with that, but you are right about putting your foot down about not buying him the toy. I got in the bad habit of buying Liam a toy everytime he had to go see the doctor. He than expected it. When I was pointing out the $1 hot wheel, he would be pointing at the $20 dollar track. And than his brother and sister would get mad when I came home with nothing for them.:confused3

I am really excited about meeting you guys on Friday for Star Wars Weekend. Liam and I will have to put our heads together about something special for Perrin to remember us. He likes the Fetts huh?:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I'll PM you closer to our trips about where we can meet and maybe #'s.

Must be hard to put your foot down especially when Grandma is involved...Every grandma loves to spoil the kiddies. I totally get you though! :lovestruc When $$ is tight it is not a pattern start!! :rolleyes:

Well, I wouldn't have cracked down on him if he hadn't got a new star wars figure 2 days before. A $15 one a that. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter