• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre-Pin Adventure Meet Dinner **UPDATE**

perndwler

Boa Brigade Lady in Waiting and Official Scoopie
Okay guys. I've been waiting to see what the results were to Kathi's post. Since it looks like the event is going to be moved (which I whole heartly support) I've been thinking of where would be a good place to chow down near the meet. Based on variety of foods and price, the Big River Grille and Brewing Works at the Boardwalk seems like the perfect choice. Here is the menu:

Appetizers
Hot Beer Pretzels - Two large soft pretzel sticks, fresh baked, served with our zesty beer mustard $4.50

Spinach Con Queso - Melted jalapeno jack cheese, onions, tomatoes, and spinach served with tortilla chips $6.95

Chicken Quesadilla - Grilled flour tortilla stuffed with chicken, cheese and seasoned vegetables topped with creme fraishe $7.95

Chips and Salsa - Tomatoes, onions, and Mexican herbs and spices $3.95

Grilled Chicken Skewers - Marinated in a Thai Peanut Sauce $8.95

-----------------------------------------------------------

Salads
Grilled Chicken and Cashew Salad - Chicken breast sliced and placed over greens with tomatoes, cashews, Feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette, served cold $9.95

Brew House Side Salad - Mixed greens with your choice of dressings $3.95

Caesar Salad - A classic combination of Romaine lettuce and Creamy Asiago Cheese Dressing $7.95
Add Grilled Chicken - $9.95
Add Blackened Mahi Mahi - $11.95

-------------------------------------------------------
Brewery Favorites
Add a Brew House Salad to Any Brewery Favorite for $3.50

Barbecue Pork Ribs - A full rack served with white cheddar mashed potatoes and cole slaw. $17.95

Sesame Tuna - Covered with sesame seeds, pan sautéed then topped with ginger remoulade sauce. Served with rice and vegetable of the day Market Price

Chicken Marinara - Our original recipe of tomatoes, mushrooms and herbs, served over linguini noodles $14.95

Char-Grilled Meatloaf - A unique family favorite grilled and served with real white cheddar mashed potatoes, gravy and the day's vegetables $13.95

Drunken Rib Eye - A 14 ounce Ribeye marinated in beer served with mashed potatoes and vegetables $23.95

Penne Bolognese - Penne pasta with Italian fennel sausage and tomato basil ragout $13.50

Grilled Pork Chops - Two grilled pork chops, topped with a rich gravy and served with mango chutney, garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables of the day $18.95

Grilled Catch of the Day - Today's freshest fish, grilled to perfection. Please ask your server about today's feature. Market price

Hazelnut Crusted Chicken - Boneless chicken breast sautéed in a hazelnut crust with sun dried cherry sauce. Served with garlic mashed potatoes $14.95

Burgers and Sandwiches
Served with Potato Chips

Honey Chicken - Held overnight in a sweet honey mustard sauce, grilled and topped with Swiss Cheese and smoked bacon $8.69

Jamaican Jerk Chicken - Juicy marinated chicken breast coated in a special herb-spice blend and grilled perfectly. Topped with a pineapple salsa $8.29

Grilled Atlantic Tuna Steak - Marinated, grilled and served with ginger remoulade and a freshly made pineapple salsa $8.95

Southern Pork Barbecue - Tender, pulled pork topped with tangy BBQ sauce $7.99

Big River Club Wrap - Traditional club with a twist, wrapped in flour tortilla and served with chipotle mayonnaise on the side $8.99

Sirloin Steak Sandwich - Grilled and topped with Swiss, served with seasonal vegetables $10.99

Brew Burger - Grilled and served with cheddar cheese on a soft bun. Cooked well $8.29; with bacon $8.99

Desserts
Tiramisu - Three coffee and rum soaked sponge cakes, layered with a rich zabaglione cream and dusted with cocoa powder $5.95

Cheesecake - Classic New York cheesecake with raspberry sauce $5.95

Daily Special - Ask about today's feature

------------------------------------------------------

Beverages
Fresh Brewed Beers - $4.00

Soft Drinks, Unsweetened Tea, Brewed Coffee, Milk, Juices, Chocolate Milk - $1.75

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They do not take PS, so we have "hard" ressies for 40 people @5:30. Everyone that is now on my list for Chef Mickey's will be switched to the Brewery, plus those on my waiting list have been added. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO JOIN US AT THE BREWERY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW I only have 3 extra openings right now.

They will accomodate us with separate checks (like groups of 2 or 4 or one table per check) and they will be adding a 17% gratuity to the bill because of the large number of people. (Chef Mickey's was also doing this)

If you have any questions, post here or email me @ perndwler@aol.com

I am keeping to PS's at the Contemporary, just in case we do not move. Once this is decided, if we do go to the Swan, I will post here before cancelling the CM's PS's so those of you who might want to stay at Chef Mickey's can call and hopefully get them.

Hey Robin, a great big THANK YOU is in order from each of us to you for undertaking this huge endeavor. I know that a lot of time and telephone contact has gone into making these ressies. Thanks!!

Robin,
Just tell me where to be and I will be there. Thank you so much or making all the phone calls and doing all the planning for us. Can't wait, how many more days?
And the rest of the CT group wll be there too. The car is in my name, I am the driver, so they have to be nice to me.
Right, Cynthia, Leslie, and Dom? Peggie

Hey that menu looks fine to me!! Besides my ride says that's where I'm going so I guess I'm going!! LOL

Dominic

Our original 40 ressies are filled! Gee, that was fast! However, if you are thinking of joining us, I should be able to add to the reservation given enough time. So, don't hesitate to let me know by either posting here or emailing me. :D

If we were on the list for Chef Mickey's, we are now on the list for Big River Grille, right?

RobYn,

Yep, anyone who was on the original list and everyone from the "waiting list" are now on the ressies for the Brewery. The only people taken off were those who emailed me directly and requested to be removed.

Yippee!!! I've been trying to fit in a visit to the Big River Grille and Brewing Works for a couple of years now, but it has never worked out. I am getting more and more excited about the August trip. Thank you so much to everyone who has put so much effort into these special events.

Forgot to tell you . . .

In as odd way, this shift of dinner location has blunted the disfavor of my children.

They had barely forgiven us for planning a trip to WDW without them. Then they heard we were having dinner at Chef Mickey's without them -- even more unforgivable.
:eek:

Now that we've shifted over to the Big River Grille, there's some hope of redemption. Apparently that venue does not rank as high (in my kids' estimation).;)

One more question . . .

Where do you think we should park?
Parking at the Boardwalk can be evil.
We were thinking about parking at the Swan/Dolphin and taking the boat to the Boardwalk.
Any other suggestions?

Robin - just a note of thanks for coordinating this.

Being able to roll out the room to dinner and a pin meet - does it get any better!!

I've increased the ressies to 50. That's the max. We are at 44 right now. Let me know if you want to join us!

Big River Grille sounds like fun!!! Can't wait!!! (and thank-you to our trusty driver Peggie!!)

Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter