Pre paid tipping

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kapoof, May 30, 2013.

1. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy

I booked onboard 3 weeks ago and no tips were included.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Keira1387

Keira1387 Married at Disney August 2, 2008

So weird. I even asked him about it, and he said it was the new policy. Trying to dig for the paperwork now.

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

I'm going to quote myself here.

So, it's possible that gratuities may or may not be included in the cruise fare you book. Some special pricing include gratuities, most regular pricing does not.

5. Mickey Cruiser 4

Mickey Cruiser 4 Earning My Ears

My gratuities weren't added to my cruise fare when I paid. Will they let you prepay still? I am wanting to have all of cruise and excursions paid for before we go.

6. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Yes, you can still prepay. Just call DCL or your TA. You can prepay up until 3 days before you sail I think. Or once onboard just go to guest services and apply either cash for the tips or a gift card.

I rebooked onboard Thursday and the gratuities were added onto the quote I received. I know it's only semantics, but I thought the price of the cruise had increased that much since my original booking seeing as the CM didn't bother to mention that he was including the gratuities in with the quote.

7. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Yes. You (or your TA) will have to call DCL directly as this can't be done online. Essentially, you are pre-paying an amount onto your onboard account. If you wish this to include the tips and excursions, just add up the amount and tell them how much.

If using a Disney Visa card, you will get 0% interest for 6 months if this is over the minimum (I think $200?) for that promo. If you are using gift cards, keep them - if any excursions or such are canceled or for any reason you have a credit balance remaining on your account at the end of the cruise, it will be returned to the original gift card(s).