Pre paid tipping

I believe pre-paid tipping only covers your dinner serving team (Server, Assistant Server), your head server, and your stateroom host.

All other gratuities can be put on your KTTW card (for individual cocktails, etc) or cash (room service, port excursions, porters).

what does it not cover?

Prepaid tips only cover your server, assistant server, head server and stateroom host. Any alcohol purchased will include a 15% tip on the charge slip. Concierge tips aren't included, and the porters don't work for Disney so also aren't included.

Basically, it only covers the main 4 tipped positions, everything else isn't covered.

I believe pre-paid tipping only covers your dinner serving team (Server, Assistant Server), your head server, and your stateroom host.

All other gratuities can be put on your KTTW card (for individual cocktails, etc) or cash (room service, port excursions, porters).

Only a couple cruises so far, but here is my understanding/experience.

As 'Ready' said, it covers server, assistant server, head server, and stateroom host.

Be aware that a 15% gratuity is automatically added for drinks. If you want to give the bartender or server more, you can add it to your receipt when you pay with your KTTW card (or give cash, but you have to sign the receipt, so we always just add to that when we want to add).

Almost everything from room service is free. So you probably won't have a receipt to sign. I brought a bunch of singles and tipped with those when the food was delivered.

As far as port excursions, plan on cash. Disney arranges the excursions, but they don't really run them. They are usually independent companies, so you're not going to use your KTTW card. If you want to tip, you should plan on handing someone cash at the end of the excursion.

There may be other places people tip that I don't know about. Especially if they involve the kids (kid's club, babysitting, whatever else) because we don't have kids and obviously, we don't do everything there is to do on the ship.

Prepaid tips only cover your server, assistant server, head server and stateroom host. Any alcohol purchased will include a 15% tip on the charge slip. Concierge tips aren't included, and the porters don't work for Disney so also aren't included.

Basically, it only covers the main 4 tipped positions, everything else isn't covered.

Oh yeah. Forgot porters. We did tip them. (So, cash.)

We wouldn't know anything about concierge tips. :)

Pre paying tips is an option. Basically you are simply adding money to your on-board account ahead of time. Tips will be deducted from it towards the end of the cruise at the established rate (per person per day) for the 4 positions (stateroom host, head server, server, asst. server).

Specialty coffees, alcoholic, soda (except on MDRs or self service stations), etc will be charged to your account and will include an automatic 15% gratuity.

Tips for room service or porters will be done via cash. If your room service includes items for which there is a charge (soda, snacks), then you will be able to add a tip.

Hope this helps.

This is a bit different but related. I'm interested i knowing who people tip extra up front. I've read about people tipping the bartender at the beginning of the cruise...do you think that would be useful or appropriate for any other positions?

We are hoping to get a Cabana (read: pipe dream) on this our first cruise, and I've read differing things about the service there. It seems to me that $20 up front at the beginning of the day might help...

Anyone else do anything like this and if so what were the results? :coffee:

We pre pay our tips and always leave a very generous amount at the end to the tip envelopes . When we order drinks 15% is added but we always a more on top of it either with cash or add it to the bill . Room service depends on us tipping , something else we do is bring candy and mints and add them along with our services that we receive . They genuinely appreciate them ;)

I thought our Dreams Unlimited TA has said that you have to pre pay the tips now, it is a change to their Policy

Edit: yes, there's a thread about it here...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2913421&highlight=pre+paid+gratuities

I know it's only semantics, but we're talking about 2 different things here.

Tips are now added to your onboard account automatically. They are actually charged to your CC (or however you are paying your onboard account) at the end of the cruise.

"Pre-paid tips" are actually paid ahead as part of the cruise fare that you pay. That way the tips are already paid for and you don't have to budget for them to be paid at the end of the cruise.

I will also point out that you can go to Guest Services once onboard and remove/change your tips as you deem necessary.

We always do prepaid grats with our cruise payments. Room service is free you should tip a few dollars each time. We also tip the baggage handlers too for the 2 of us we tip about $5. Also if using the bus service we tip as well. If we find a really nice bar guy we also too extra with that as well.

Mickey Cruiser 4 said:
How do prepay your gratuities?

They are automatically added to your bill unless you tell them not to add them. You can edit the tips however you feel necessary, though.

We just booked a new cruise on board last month, and gratuities were added to the cruise fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter