Pre-ordering a chocolate monorail?

girlbomb

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are staying at the Contemporary this December, and I'd love to have a chocolate monorail waiting at the room as a surprise for him. Does anyone know how I might order this in advance? Thanks you!

:thumbsup2

I was told I couldn't pre-order it because it's on the room service menu at the Contemporary. You can order it when you are there and get it the next day.

Or maybe just before you leave, I wonder if you can get the number for room service and have it delivered after you check in.

I ended up not doing it because DH saw the price and told me not to do it.

What is a chocolate monorail?

It's a white chocolate monorail. I think it had 3 small monorail cars but I can't remember for sure anymore.

I found a picture on the Contemporary Resort thread but I don't know what page it was on and that's a long thread.

1) Baskets, gift, etc are not placed in rooms prior to check-in. *
2) You room can be changed too easily.
3) It would embarrassing for your gift to be given to another person.
4) Although, I am sure they would like it.

* Sometimes, if you are staying Club Level, this can be accomplished.

I am not sure about pre-ordering it before you arrive, however on the room service menu it says you can order it but you need to tell them 24 hours before. However that would mean ordering it after you check-in to the Contemporary. I also agree with TheRustyScupper that if you were staying Club Level the Contemporary IPO department should be able to pre-order it for you.

Thanks for the info! I will try to order it on the sly as soon as we check in. :thumbsup2

I was able to pre-order the chocolate Mickey statue through Boardwalk Resorts in-room dining about 2 days before I left for Florida so I would think you could do the same at the Contemporary. :thumbsup2

I just pre-ordered the monorail for a certain day and time for our trip in 3 weeks. They can't put it in the room until you check in but you can have them place it in the room while you are out. I did this last year at Polynesian for my DH. I ordered choc covered strawberries. They had it on a cart in the room when we got back that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter