Pre-Ordered Merch Question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Meghatron, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

The last time we sailed and I pre-ordered a plush for DD, it was one of the items on the website that they would only deliver, for a fee, if you requested it, and that was only after you'd already been in your stateroom and found the card left on the bed. Well, that kind of sucks for little kids.

However, upon looking at the current offerings for our next cruise, that notice about getting a card and having to exchange it or call for delivery has disappeared from all the MM/TK merch you can pre-order. So is merch stuff now delivered to your room like the non-merch stuff (for example the decorations and the memory boxes)?

I wanted to get the Nautical Minnies for my nieces (it's their first cruise ever) but only if they will be waiting in the room when they first walk in; otherwise, I'll buy them onboard once the shops open and have them wrapped as presents. And since we all know not to trust CMs on the phone... :rotfl:

On a side note... WHY is this process not available through the internet yet? I seriously have to call or fax in this day and age? I can rent a tuxedo, could upgrade to a room that costs $17k, but I can't buy a $25 plush while logged in to my reservation?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ptwolfman

Ptwolfman Mouseketeer from CA

I ordered the plush captain Mickey for our Nov cruise. It was in the cabin upon our arrival. HTH

4. sweetlovin'

sweetlovin' DIS Veteran

I ordered the plush cruise ship with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto inside. It was in my room waiting for us when we checked in as well. I did call in the order about a week prior to boarding.

5. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Thanks!

PS-- You should really update your ticker; it says your first cruise is in nine months. ;)

6. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Good to know! We bought that in Mickey's Mates on a previous cruise but have never caught it available on the website list for pre-order items.

7. jcjen519

jcjen519 DIS Veteran

we ordered the plush minnie and mickey and the pillowcase/nightlight gift through the shoreside concierge and was told it would be in our room

8. Docmom

Docmom Mouseketeer

I ordered the Mickey and Minnie from Disneystore online at a discount a few weeks ago when they were having a sale. We're cruising in April and my girls know about them but will be a "for the cruise" gift. They are very cute. If you have time before the cruise keep an eye out for any future sales.

9. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Thanks, but we're not concierge, so anything they did for you might not necessarily apply to us. :)