pre- night at Hyatt MCO or AoA?

Mineu

DIS Veteran
We're booked at the Boardwalk-but flights were cheaper the day before we start our package-so, instead of adding another night at the Boardwalk-I'd like to save a little $$ by staying at the Hyatt or AoA. Is it fairly easy to change hotels or is it easier to hop on ME and head to the Boardwalk after a night at the Hyatt?

We're booked at the Boardwalk-but flights were cheaper the day before we start our package-so, instead of adding another night at the Boardwalk-I'd like to save a little $$ by staying at the Hyatt or AoA. Is it fairly easy to change hotels or is it easier to hop on ME and head to the Boardwalk after a night at the Hyatt?

I would book AoA for the one night and then have your luggage transferred to Boardwalk. Both are OK, but it would be quicker and it would save you about an hour by staying at AoA as you'd already be in the world.

After you arrive at AoA and are ready to depart on the following day, simply take your bags to Bell Services or have them picked up from your room (you don't have to be in there) and tell them which resort you are transferring to. Your bags will be there usually by check-in time at the new resort. Keep a change of clothes with you and/or your meds with you.

I agree with raven69david. It will be so much easier, and less time consuming, to stay at AoA. You can go to the park in the morning and then go to BW in the afternoon to check in. I believe I've read that bags are transferred between the WDW resorts between 1 and 3pm.

If you want to go to BW to check-in before you head to the parks, you can do that to. If your room isn't ready, they will text you when it is with the room number and your luggage will be delivered to your room later. If you're on the dining plan at BW, your plan starts the day you check-in.

We rented points for BLT at the end of October. However, like the OP, flights (with an additional night at a value resort) are cheaper the day before our room reservation begins.

Therefore after pricing out POP and AOA (LM room) and Hyatt MCO, we decided that POP/AOA was the least expensive way to go. We actually decided on POP only because we thought out children will not want to leave AOA.

We plan on having our bags transferred over to BLT while we are having fun at the parks.

We did the same thing this past Thanksgiving for the same reason of our flights being cheaper coming in a day early. In our case we always use a car service, so it was no big deal. We had them pick us up the next morning at the Hyatt. Very relaxing evening and still caught a full day at Sarasota Spring. Several years ago we did it but stayed at ASSports and transferred to the poly the next day by cab since we used the first leg of our car service to get to ALL Star. Keep in mind they Disney will transfer your luggage, but on their timetable. After waiting about 45 minutes and not seeing anything happen we just got a cab to the poly. Very easy and inexpensive.

Depends on plans.

Last time I arrived late the night before didn't plan to rope drop the next day before checking into BC huge price difference between offsite and Disney Deluxe, so I stayed at a place near the airport.

This upcoming time, I arrive mid day and plan to do a few offsite things on the way to Disney then plan to hit a park first thing in the morning so I'm going to go ahead and do one night at AoA before checking into PO. (POFQ Sat night rate was substantually higher than off site or value)

The price difference was minimal between off site and Disney value.

Arriving late? Plan to rope drop? Any off site plans? Have a car?

I like staying at AoA so that we can get an early start to the parks in the morning-the rest of the family is worried about luggage transfer since we won't have a car...

I like staying at AoA so that we can get an early start to the parks in the morning-the rest of the family is worried about luggage transfer since we won't have a car...

They have no need to worry, just plan ahead. Give the bags over to Bell Services, and they will take them to the next resort. They will not be there or available until after proper check-in time. Therefore, make sure people have what they need for the day with them. If going to the parks, have the things for the parks with you. If going for a swim, have bathing suits, etc with you. Have whatever you might need until after official checkin time (even if you get your room early, they will not have your bags for you until after the official time) with you.

for me, since we have so far rented a car for the entire stay (and I don't see that changing), we'd stay at the Hyatt. We've done so and really liked it, and it was really easy to just get off the plane and *walk* to our hotel. Allowed for an earlier bedtime to allow for an earlier wakeup.

The last time we did an Al Star the first night we got up, got ready and took a cab with our luggage to Boardwalk. We left the bags with Bell Services there, checked in and walked into EPCOT.

The Hyatt inside the airport in nice. If you arrive very late remember even a quick ME trip will likely be 2 hours from getting off the plane to walking in your room, it could be longer. If we wanted to drop the bags and sleep we stay at Hyatt.

This last trip we pressed forward and added a Boardwalk night instead and I was glad we did. It felt like we gained a whole day on our trip because we didn't spend the first morning getting ready at All Star and taking a cab, checking in, etc. we were in the parks hours before we usually are!

Does anyone know how early we can catch the ME bus from MCO? I haven't listed flight information yet-not sure what to do about this if we stay at the Hyatt...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter