Pre load stateroom account?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by adisneytattoo91, Apr 6, 2013.

1. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

The itemized bill is by each KTTW card. For my daughter, for example, it was on my master bill but had her name and then not only the things she had charged to her KTTW card but her tips, her excursions, her spa treatment which I had arranged under the blanket reservation. If your mother charges all the drinks, she'll get the bill even if you drink them. If you charge a drink on your card, it will show up under your name on the final bill.

Nancy

Very easy to know who charged what.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ScottFamily2005

ScottFamily2005 Mouseketeer

I agree with the posters who say that this is within your control. You don't have to spend a dime unless you want to. Of course, like the PP said, little things like tips and souvenirs add up.

I anticipate we will spend about $1,500 and have planned for that as we have budgeted for our trip. A huge chunk of that will be excursions because, from what I have read, it is hard to do Alaska without excursions. There are also just a couple we really want to do. I have cruised to other destinations though, on other cruise lines, and have never done a single excursion.

I really like the suggestions of clearing your tab each day and carrying singles for tips. I will probably use those, along with pre-loading our tab and pre-paying for gratuities. Nothing would suck more than facing a giant bill at the end that you didn't expect or plan for.

4. ScottFamily2005

ScottFamily2005 Mouseketeer

Just to share, here is our "rough" budget for our 7 night Alaska:

Gratuities...............$ 250
    Excursions..............$ 800
    Spa........................$ 240
    Palo.......................$ 100
    Booze.....................$ 100

So that is in the neighborhood of $1,500 without considering other incidentals that might come up.

If we did nothing on the list but drink for seven days, that drops to $350. Of course, if we don't do the excursions or spa, the booze budget would go up. :rotfl2:

5. Brixton

Brixton From the world's best Eco-Village all the way to t

We asked DCL to put our "dummy cruise" deposit toward shipboard credit for the 2013 WBPC. I'd like to think $1100 will cover our bill, but I anticipate adding another $500 in port excursions. We also bring lots of ones & fives for "little tips" around the ship, porters, and guides.