Pre Fort Trip and Fort Trip Report/ now pix added!

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
Day 1- Dec. 26 4:30 AM, rise and shine. There is Frank, myself and Bailey our fur baby. Finish loading last minute things in the TT. Eat some eggs and toast, a little for Bailey too. On the road by 6:45.:drive: It's windy and raining so Frank takes it slow and easy. Then we notice the truck heater fan won't work. Wow the traffic is very heavy. :crowded: About 2 hours into the trip we come upon a guy in a Mercedes who is driving in the middle lane but weaving 6 feet over into the other lanes. We don't dare pass him, neither does anyone else. :drinking1I call Ga Patrol. Well after 10 minutes people get impatient and start passing him nearly getting slammed. We lose track of him. About 25 miles from where we first seen him he was pulled over by 2 State Patrol cars. All goes OK until Atlanta, traffic jam, stop and go for 1 hour. Time for a snack, a little beef jerky for the 3 of us. Well there are 3 more traffic jams thru Ga each about 30 minutes of stop and go traffic. So we had to do an emergency window rolling down for Bailey. :faint: and the air suction started the heater fan going again. :thumbsup2 We stop for a late lunch at Sonny's BBQ. Finally get to the CG Thousand Trails, 14 hours from the time we left. Normally an 11 hour drive. Pull in hook up electric and water and go to bed.

Day 2 - Dec 27 It was 37 overnight and high of 61.
Sleep in, get set up, take the GC off the truck. Plug in the new 24 inch HD TV, nothing... nada, defective. So we went to eat a late lunch at Miller's Ale House. Yum, if you eat off WDW property this is a must do restaurant. Then to Wal-Mart and got a 26 inch one.::yes:: Got our shopping done there and at Publix. Took a long walk, watched a little TV and to bed. This is the R&R part of the trip.

Hope the rest of your trip goes off without a hitch. Have fun!

Too bad about the tv Denise. But at least you made it to the Fort.

Can't wait to hear more.

popcorn::

Bama ED

I left the USB cord to import pix to the laptop at home. :mad:

Well, I was gonna tell about and post pix of the Thousand Trails CG. First off you do not need a membership. It was $357.42 for 7 nites. Less then 3 nites at The Fort during this Holiday season. It's not The Fort. But, it's OK. Close to a lot of restaurants and shopping. Turn left or right out of the drive and there is a Publix and a Wal-Mart. There is a gate with a code to get in. It's big enough to loop, take long walks and nature trail. There is a dogpark with a small and large dog section.
005_zpsa6f9b406.jpg

006_zps177ada81.jpg

There isn't cable but we get a lot of TV stations with a digital tuner TV. There are sites up front that are open with a tree/bush here and there.
007_zpsdd74ee65.jpg

The back D section reminds me of The Fort before the clearing. Lots of foliage and private.
010_zpsdeb26b41.jpg

009_zpsd75d6a4b.jpg

There is also a lake with a dock and row boats to use.
012_zps95ff2f09.jpg

011_zps04fcf772.jpg

Pool, hot tub and store. Also daily activities.

Day 3 - Dec 28

Nice temps overnight 44 and warmer today 68. Lazy morning, long walk and lunch at Miller's Ale House. Fish and chips for Frank and beef stew in a bread bowl for me. :thumbsup2 Then some walking, looping and walked thru some new RV's 4 sale. We seen a Class A we both liked. ::yes:: Burgers and potatoes for dinner. Watching some TV and listening to the rain on the roof. :music: Can't get more relaxed than that. :thumbsup2

Day 4 - Dec 29 Beautiful warm sunny afternoon 75 or so. Lots of R&R. Looping, walking. Steak and shrimp at the TT for dinner. The CG is pretty full. Lots of fur babies.

Today was chilly. Started out at 34 got up to 55. Hoodie weather. We found another good place to eat, Houlihan's on 192 brunch buffet served 8AM till 1PM. It was really good and factor in price, excellent. $6.99 each and $2.50 for coffee or hot chocolate which were both :thumbsup2

Made to order omelettes, fried seasoned potatoes, fresh fruit, cereal, assorted breads, muffins, sausage gravy, grits, oatmeal, pancakes, french toast, bacon, ham, link sausage, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and all sorts of condiments.

Then we did some walking, looping and sat out in the sun and people watched.

Dinner was pork, potatoes, gravy and onions in the crockpot. Then a walk, inside warming up. Gonna try some cinnamon schnapps tonight and watch some TV. :cool1:

Nice to read your report. I wish I could be down there tonight as it is currently 19 degrees
here in CT and a foot of snow along with strong winds. Pls keep your report coming as I am living the adventure through your report.

Happy New Year ya'll !!
I'm commandeering this post from my beautiful 2Goofycampers, :cool1:
Just got back from chow'n down at the Sweet Tomatoes,,was pretty dang good stuff,,never eat'd there before. Our butler, wait person, (what ever) was one of them dang feerneers, said he was from a place called Massachusetts , ain't that where Ka'La is frum ? He really was a very good waiter. We have been eat'n real good since we arrived here,,can't complain bout nun of it.
These few days have been wonderful & each day keeps gett'n better. The weather is really look'n fine! Had to use the AC today, :banana:
When we camp, I sleep in, got up at 8:30 this morn , then cooked Miss D breakfast, French Toast, home fry potato, sausage, eggs, & coffee & milk.
Then we broke out the poles and headed to the crawlfish hole where we both proceeded to slay mass quantities of swimmers,,(we each caught one nice bream).
After that we looped the wole park a few times, met some nice folk, a couple of which had already started the New Year festivities. Don't really think they will make it to midnight.:lmao:
Took our fur baby onna walk, we were actually lizard & squirrel hunting, got to the lake and a family hadda potato cannon shoot'n it off over the lake,,it was pretty cool !!
I feel like this stay has been a bit of a preview for ''what is to come" at the Fort ! :woohoo: On the clear nights we can hear the fireworks from one of the parks, not sure which one :confused3 and then when we get out in the mornings we can hear the cars at the Disney Raceway. MAN I can't wait to get to hear the boat whistles at the Fort !! Ya'll have no idea how the enthusiasm & excitement is pent up in this big ol boy (I'm only 11 in Disney years) !!!
Well I hope EVERYONE had the most AWESOMENESS Christmas ever :santa:
and that your New Year is fulla Magic pixiedust:

Lets go fish'n and ya'll be safe !

Nice to read your report. I wish I could be down there tonight as it is currently 19 degrees
here in CT and a foot of snow along with strong winds. Pls keep your report coming as I am living the adventure through your report.

It was 73 today, enjoy it vicariously, I sure did. :goodvibes

Sunny warm and 73 today. Had to turn on A/C in TT. We were pretty much outside all day. Looping, walking, fishing and meeting fellow campers. Nice weather sure makes people friendly. :thumbsup2 This is definitely a doggie paradise, I think everyone has at least 1 and as many as 4 fur babies. Mostly well behaved. Love this sign!

008_zps24888d92.jpg

Be safe and have a Happy New Year!

MAN I can't wait to get to hear the boat whistles at the Fort !! Ya'll have no idea how the enthusiasm & excitement is pent up in this big ol boy (I'm only 11 in Disney years) !!! Well I hope EVERYONE had the most AWESOMENESS Christmas ever :santa: and that your New Year is fulla Magic pixiedust:

Lets go fish'n and ya'll be safe !

Man, it's been a LONG time since I've had that face full of blue fishing text! :joker: Howdy Frank!

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter