Pre-buy my "souveniers" or hit up Flea Markets?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by julezdisney, Apr 11, 2010.

1. julezdisney

julezdisney Boo to the b!

So should I pre-buy souvies online or wait for the Orlando Flea Markets? The items I'm considering waiting for @ the Flea Markets are:

beach towels
    Sweatshirts
    jewelry

All Disney.

Disneyoutlet and their Spring 50% OFF sale is calling my name though...

Is waiting for the flea markets going to be worth my time? The two off 192 are the ones I'm thinking... have you been? Was it worth it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessMom4

PrincessMom4 DVC member-SSR

Yes my mil went and said there was a lot of stuff there. Now that was March 2009 so things may have changed.

4. Cdn Gal

Cdn Gal DIS Veteran

You know that you are going to want to buy something while you are there- so just wait! (or buy at both like I would do!) I love the Florida flea markets. They are the best! :cool1:

5. java

java <font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B

where the heck are Florida flea markets? Are you talking the disney outlety type stores or a full on flea market?

6. HunnyPots

HunnyPots DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>The Tag Fairy is

I don't understand pre-buying souvenirs. If you buy it from the disney store before your trip, it's not a souvenir of Walt Disney World but a souvenir of your trip to the mall.:confused3

Now if you just want some cheap disney stuff like beach towels to use on your trip, then yeah, I always buy stuff like that before I go. No way am I going to pay DW prices for those things and I won't waste vacation time shopping in outlet malls.

7. Danemom

Danemom <font color=blue>My trouble is that I don't rememb

This is true of souvenirs for yourself. But when you pre-buy souvenirs for others and they receive them at Walt Disney World, they are a souvenir of the trip.

8. Buckeye Princess

Buckeye Princess DIS Veteran

We bought a few things for our trip at the character outlet once. Didn't save me any money because it just didn't feel like a souvie from Disney so we still bought stuff once there.

9. summerrluvv

summerrluvv <font color=darkorchid>Work Hard. Have Fun.<br><f

I'm with you on that! I will buy things at home for them to use on the trip (glow sticks, disney outfits, etc.), but I buy the real souvies at WDW

10. julezdisney

julezdisney Boo to the b!

I buy items as souvenirs of the trip , not just as "WDW souvies" and I was VERY disappointed at selection and quality of merchandise @ our last trip so.... just looken for the bargains on stuff I truly like this time.