Pre and Post Cruise Hotel at Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale)

agavegirl1

DIS Veteran
I have one day before and one day after our cruise because of our flights to FLL. Anyone with knowledge of ground transportation for Airport to Hotel and Hotel to Port would be greatly appreciated.

I just booked a room for August at the Hyatt Place 17th street. Someone on the CC forums posted a site (am I allowed to post the website?) that had rooms for $109/night with breakfast (parking $7/day). They said there is a fee of $2 per room if you use the airport shuttle, and the cruise shuttle is $7pp - if you have more than 2 people a taxi or uber is likely more economical. It's roughly a 30-45 minute walk, but if you're going in the summer you will be a walking puddle of sweat by the time you reach the cruise terminal.

Prices do appear to be much higher between October and April, so if you're going during this time I would not recommend it.

Hope that helps!

We liked the embassy suites on 17th didn't love their airport shuttle though; doing it over I probably would have just gotten a cab.

Starvenger, the rule for mentioning sites is that you type the whole URL. If it comes through then it's allowed. If it looks like this-www.********.com-then it's not. :)

Thanks for your suggestions. We are going in March and walking is not my forte'. If Uber and taxis are available, we may use that option. I also read Cruise Critic and have noted some posters mentioning that traffic can back up badly on loading day and taxis charge for "waiting in traffic". Sounds like a potential downer from Embarkation Day to me. I think I would prefer a flat rate shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter