Prayers needed for my dog

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by starwood, Feb 19, 2013.

1. corky441

corky441 I've got Venice in my soul

What a horrible turn of events for Elvis.

Sending healing thoughts his way.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. loveisinthedetails

loveisinthedetails Slowing down and looking up

I will be praying for both you and Elvis. Please take good care.

~Deni

4. starwood

starwood <font color=red>This mouse GOT her next cruise<br>

I just got back from seeing him and he looked a lot better than I thought he would. He tried to sit up when we came in and the vet said he is trying to beg "cookies" off of everyone. He still has a long way to go - 2 more days before the chest tube can be removed and another 3-4 days after that before he would be able to come home. Thanks for all the good thought and prayers - they are working.

5. SaraMc

SaraMc DIS Veteran

Poor Elvis, sending Hugs and Pixie Dust.

6. starwood

7. TwilightGoddess

TwilightGoddess Earning My Ears

Awe poor Elvis! I pray for a speedy recovery for him! How aweful! Vet better be giving you much better deals on your bills from now on, he's lucky you're not suing him! Hope your fur baby can come home soon, I'm sure he misses you! But begging for treats is a good sign and such a beagle thing :)

8. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:goodvibes:hug:

Prayers and positive vibes.

9. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

Hugs and hopefully he is back home soon!!!!

10. MelissaFromRI

MelissaFromRI There's a great big beautiful tomorrow , <font col

OMG what a sad & scary story :sad2:

Sending thoughts & payers to Elvis. I hope he comes back better than ever. Poor little guy. I can't believe a dog isn't even safe at the vet...

11. starwood

Hopefully his chest tube can be removed today and if all goes well he can come home Monday. He is walking a little (because he has so many tubes in him he can't go far).

12. Joshua_me

Joshua_me Today's Sustainable Fish

"The ride with you was worth the fall, my friend..."

MANY prayers headed your way. :hug:

13. kbelle8995

kbelle8995 DIS Veteran

My prayers go out to you during this difficult time.

Poor little Elvis. He has such a sweet little face. I would give him "cookies". I am glad the vet took responsability for this.

14. lttlmc3

lttlmc3 <font color=darkorchid>You can ship it. I'll still

What a sweet doggie! I'm sending prayers right away!
    I still don't understand how this could have happened. I know that while grooming, dogs can act differently due to the stress of being around all of those strange sounds, sights, feelings, etc...but does your vet not have a dedicated grooming room for this? The vet I worked at kept all dogs seperate at all times, especially during grooming for just this reason.
    Have they notified the owner of the St. Bernard? I don't think it is their fault, but they should be notified of how stressed their dog is during groomings there and may seek a different alternative from now on.
    I'm so sorry this happened. Prayers are on the way!

15. starwood

I haven't had much communication with my now former vet. He did say he had surveillance cameras and was going to check to footage so he could see exactly what happened. I agree that it isn't the fault of the owners of the St. Bernard it is the people in charge of the St. Bernard at the time. I'm thinking that maybe he had an area that was sensitive and they hit it and he snapped. I don't understand why he wasn't properly restrained even if he had never attacked before.

We went to see Elvis yesterday and he walked into the exam room instead of us having to go to his cage. They pulled the chest tube late yesterday afternoon and now we need to see if the drainage has stopped or if a new tube needs to be placed. If all goes well they think he may be able to come home Sunday or Monday.

Edit: the former vet called today to see how he was doing and said the other dog's owner hasn't even called to see how Elvis is doing.

16. Kristina

Kristina DIS Veteran

I am so sorry this happened to your little doggie and your family! I hope he has and will continue to heal and can come home in a day or two as you mentioned. Poor little guy looked so sad is his pictures my heart just breaks for him honestly. Sending good thoughts and prayers for your little pup Elvis. Please continue to let us know how he gets on.

17. starwood

Word from the vet is - barring unforseen circumstances - he will come home tomorrow!

18. Baby Pluto

Baby Pluto Under the Sea

Both you, and your darling pup, have my best wishes! So happy to hear he is coming home tomorrow, I hope he settles in and has a good recovery. Can't imagine the shock and worry you must have experienced, I would be beside myself and absolutely furious with the vets office.
    Best wishes! xxoo

19. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

Sending more prayers for your pup. Give him lots of hugs and kisses when he gets home and maybe an extra treat or 2.

20. Kristina

Kristina DIS Veteran

Lovely news :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:thumbsup2!

21. lttlmc3

lttlmc3 <font color=darkorchid>You can ship it. I'll still

Yay! Keep us updated!