Prayers needed for my dog

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by starwood, Feb 19, 2013.

1. starwood

starwood <font color=red>This mouse GOT her next cruise<br>

My dog (Elvis) was taken to the vet on Sunday because he fell down the stairs. I was going to pick him up and the vet called to say he was attacked by another dog and was in surgery. He is going to be transferred to an ICU hospital. I am beside myself with shock. He is the sweetest little beagle. Please say a prayer to St. Francis for him.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bluecruiser

bluecruiser Mouseketeer

Prayers sent. :hug:

4. Miss Monorail 1971

Miss Monorail 1971 Please Stand Clear of the Door

So sorry to hear. Sending prayers for your fur baby

5. Quicklabs

Quicklabs DIS Veteran

I hope your beloved companion recovers. I know how hard this must be for you.

6. Stacy's a freak

Stacy's a freak wrangles snakes

Sending lots of good thoughts your way! I hope your furbaby recovers completely and is in your arms soon!

7. JimmyV

JimmyV Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Prayers for your precious beagle. Who could ever resist those eyes!

8. starwood

He's in Icu and may need a second surgery. Poor little guy was so out of it.

Found out he was attacked by a 200 lb St. Bernard.

9. daneenm

daneenm Just call me Pollyanna ...

Poor baby! Hope he recovers quickly. One thing I will say is that in my experience, our little Beagles are very resilient. So sorry this happened.

10. Phoenixblue

Phoenixblue Mouseketeer

:grouphug: and pixiedust: for a easy and speedy recovery.

11. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Following you over on FB Nancy. Hope the damage wasn't severe but it doesn't sound good from what you've said so far. Val & I are thinking of Elvis, you and Matt.

12. chum

chum Your island buddy!

Hope he pulls through.
    Do you know the owner?

13. starwood

Don't know who owns the other dog but I blame the vet's office. They claim the other dog has never attacked before.

14. starwood

Thanks Jeff. He's resting and on lots of meds. He just looked so pathetic.

15. kat3668

kat3668 Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i

Prayers said! Hang in there our furbabies are such a huge part of our lives!:hug:

16. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

That is horrible, I so hope he recovers. Why in the world was another dog even near him. Sending you a specific prayer for dogs, by Private message.

17. auroralark

auroralark Lives for vacation

That is awful. I would blame the vet too. I have a beagle myself - they are so sweet. Hope your little guy makes a speedy recovery.

18. tortoni

tortoni DIS Veteran

Hugs. Hope he gets well soon.

19. JessB320

JessB320 DIS Veteran

This happened while your dog was AT THE VET OFFICE?!?! Ok I was a vet tech for over 10 years. This is in no way acceptable. I can't fathom how that could have happened without some serious negligence on the staffs part. I hope your furbaby makes a full recovery. The vet is covering the full cost of all ICU treatment correct? Also I would be having a sit down with the vet and the medical director or practice owner . They need to explain exactly how this happened and what changes they are going to make to guarantee that it NEVER happens again. I am just appalled by this. It's just to common sense to take precautions against this. Good luck and healing thoughts to Elvis!!!

20. starwood

Yes he fell Sunday because he has bad arthritis. They kept him to give him anti-inflammatories. I was getting ready to go pick him up when they called and told me what happened. Yes they are paying all his bills. From what I understand they were walking Elvis. They were grooming the St. Bernard and he attacked. I'm still in shock.

21. JessB320

JessB320 DIS Veteran

I am so sorry, shock it the only reasonable response!! Then anger! Give both you and he a few days to recover ( him physically and you emotionally!!) but I really think they need to sit down with you.

Sadly sometimes even with a serious mishap or mistake the response is only as involved as the owners reaction.
    That is they may not make needed changes if they don't think your "too" upset. I'm not talking about you needing to yell or scream or cause a reckus but being firm and letting them know your concerns are not just going to go away without follow through from them is appropriate .
    I truly hope this was just a freak accident but that doesn't make is any less difficult for you or Elvis!