Prayers for my dad

I hope you have a great weekend, and It will do you the world of good..

Continued prayers for your father :grouphug:

Oh Ashley.. I was so sad to read this.. I hope your getaway was enough to rejuvenate you when you get back. It is so hard to watch a love one fade away. Hugs to you, know you are making the best decisions for your Dad.

Hello everyone. Well, I wanted to let everyone keeping up, that my dad passed away earlier tonight. I was at the hospital for about 2 hours, and that was all I could do. I just couldn't stand there and watch him take the last breath. I had a few minutes alone with him, and it was good. I know that he is in a better place now....a much better place than I saw him in 4 hours ago. It was the most awful thing I think I've ever seen, and even though he wasn't conscious, I really feel like he knew I was there. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'd like to think not. Thanks again for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers, they really do help me get through the days. :grouphug:

Ashley, I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. He was very young to have this happen and that just breaks my heart when people pass so young...

I have to tell you that you did the right thing spending that time with him and you are right, you did not have to stay till the last breath. I thought when my Mom passed it would be relief for me to be there for that last breath and know she was not in pain anymore, but it was not... As far as him knowing you were there, I believe he knew....even though not conscious, I think somehow they know...

Please know that I am keeping you in my prayers as you go through the next few days and the days after that......Hugs and do check in with us and let us know how you are doing...

Again, I am so sorry about your Dad.

Ashley, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family.

:grouphug:

I just wanted to let everyone know that we had my dad's memorial service last wednesday, and it was really great. The church was PACKED and afterwards, I even found out that they had to pipe the service in donstairs via the pa system so people could sit in the nursery and listen. I know that my dad must have been looking down and felt proud that he had that many friends. We had the regular church-y (that's so not a word) service, but we also had 3 friends speak, and that was awesome. All three were from different parts of his life, so none of their stories overlapped. They told mostly light-hearted stories, and everyone was laughing and thinking about the better times. I actually only cried during the first song- my dad LOVED church music. The rest of the service I teared up a few times, but mostly I was just happy to hear everyone remembering the good times with my dad.

So, thanks again to everyone for all the prayers and suport, it has been wonderful! :hug:

My condolences to you Ashley. I haven't been on here for awhile so I'm a little late but my sympathies go out to you. I hope you continue to remember the good times with and about your Dad and hope that you find strength & love with your family and your memories. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter