1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Prawn Heads & Cupcakes & Soups, Oh My! 10/5 Complete (now with my Dining Wish List)!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by DonaldDoleWhip, Aug 7, 2012.

1. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

Last time, we headed down to WDW in July for three wonderful nights. Jiko, Narcoossee's, and Brown Derby shined. The Wave served up a delightful breakfast and lunch. Quick service locations continued to satisfy, including Contempo Cafe (one of my favorites) and Landscape of Flavors (which has raised the bar for quick service, IMO). And of course, the kitchen and CMs at Grand Floridian Cafe (along with an assist from Narcoossee's) served up one of the most magical experiences we've ever had in a Disney restaurant. :goodvibes

Well, thanks to some good deals on flights and accommodation, we're heading back down for another trip in August. That means more food, and more reviews. ;)

We'll be arriving at WDW in about a week - I can't wait to get started again!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DonaldDoleWhip

4. jabead

jabead DIS Veteran

Holy cow, I did it again! First in line to join in on your reviews! I can't wait!!! :cool1:

5. John's Mom

John's Mom Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Count me in! :goodvibes

6. GoofySon'sMom

GoofySon'sMom DIS Veteran

I am so very in! :goodvibes

7. jerseytinkerbell

jerseytinkerbell DIS Veteran

There has hardly been a gap in between your reviews lately. I love it! Ready for another installment of your dining adventures! Have a safe and fabulous trip and I hope you get even more Disney magic this visit. pixiedust:

8. ilovepete

ilovepete DIS Veteran

I'm in!

9. starousse

starousse DIS Veteran

I'm in.

10. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

WooHoo! Another party!:thumbsup2

11. DonaldDoleWhip

Nice job again! As usual, I'm looking forward to starting soon (and reading the rest of your reviews). :goodvibes

Welcome! I really hope you'll enjoy the reviews. :)

Yay, I'm happy to see you here! Your trip is also growing closer. :cheer2:

Thanks so much! We're really looking forward to experiencing another dose of Disney magic. :goodvibes

Welcome! I can't wait to get started. :)

Thanks for reading! Just about two weeks to go until the reviews begin. :thumbsup2

I'm so excited too! I love going to WDW, and I also really enjoy working on the reviews afterward. :goodvibes

12. DonaldDoleWhip

Before the reviews begin, I thought it would be fun to relive some highlights from July. :goodvibes

Contempo Cafe Breakfast

Mickey Waffle with bananas and salted caramel sauce

[​IMG]

The Wave Lunch

Summer Salad, with locally sourced watermelon, avocado, arugula, olives, and pecans, with feta and white balsamic

[​IMG]

Pineapple passion fruit sorbet, topped with roasted pineapple

[​IMG]

Narcoossee’s Dinner

Seared jumbo day boat scallops with grilled petite summer vegetable salad, sauce romesco, and avocado oil

[​IMG]

House-made sweet english pea and mascarpone ravioli with organic mixed baby squash and heirloom tomatoes, morel mushrooms, sheep's milk cheese, and toasted pumpkin seeds with honeyed brown butter-white balsamic vinaigrette

[​IMG]

Jiko Dinner

Beef "Seswaa" flatbread: Botswana-style braised oxtail, Zellwood corn porridge, and smoked tomato harissa

[​IMG]

Sikhumbuzo's peri peri chicken with herb-crushed potatoes, french beans, mango sambal, and onion jus

[​IMG]

Black forest cake: compressed chocolate cake, cherry jam, bourbon-macerated cherries, and pistachio chocolate chunk ice cream (this item is produced with no sugar added)

[​IMG]

Hollywood Brown Derby Lunch

Spit-roasted American bison with white truffle croquettes, a refreshing slaw, and a cocoa espresso barbecue sauce

[​IMG]

Warm seasonal fruit cobbler (with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries), with crème fraîche and orange blossom honey

[​IMG]

Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner

Grand Floridian Burger: Angus chuck burger, butter-poached lobster with red onion marmalade, crispy prosciutto, and arugula on a brioche bun with chips and mango ketchup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Surprise Dessert Sampler from Narcoossee’s: Baked Chocolate Mousse, Almond-crusted Cheesecake, Pecan Tart, Spring Cherry Clafoutis, and Strawberry Shortcake

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Roma

Roma Mouseketeer

Very excited for your next set of reviews :goodvibes:.

14. SweetSpot

SweetSpot DIS Veteran

My DD16 and I will also be there next week for our girls trip. Somehow I don't think a dining report I would do would be at all similar to yours. My DD is very picky, we both aren't able to eat much and tend to forget to eat.

I am very much looking forward to your dining report so I can at least dine vicariously with you. I hope you and your mother have a great time and the weather holds up. Right now it's not looking good.

15. Tracerr00

Tracerr00 DIS Veteran

Yes!! :banana: :banana: You bet I'm in!!

16. butiflfeet

butiflfeet DIS Veteran

I'm so excited for your upcoming trip (and the reviews that will follow) :cool1:

17. Smiling Cheshire Cat

Smiling Cheshire Cat DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear all about it.popcorn::

Wish you would send me some pixie dust for a good deal on flights for the end of September. Right now it's double what I paid for our last trip in April.:headache:

18. DonaldDoleWhip

I'm so excited too - just a few more days and we'll be enjoying the food there. :yay:

Thanks so much! I hope you also have a great trip, and that the weather holds up. But even if it doesn't, I won't let a few brief storms in the afternoon get in my way. There's just too much to do! :goodvibes

Awesome! And just a few more weeks until your trip as well! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! I'm really looking forward to getting started. :)

I hope the flight prices improve! With airline prices, I never know what's going to happen - sometimes they go up, but they can also drop dramatically a few weeks before the flight. Hopefully that'll be the case. :thumbsup2

19. deenbrad

deenbrad DIS Veteran

Woohoo! Can't wait!:yay:

20. susieq76

susieq76 DIS Veteran

YAY! I love your dining reports!

21. nanienamou

nanienamou Mouseketeer

Yay! can't wait, hope you have a great trip! :cool1: