Power ports on AA

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by juliana_sd, Apr 1, 2008.

1. juliana_sd

juliana_sd DIS Veteran

I am so stinkin' excited if this is true! I was checking out our plane on seatguru.com to see the seat width and this plane has "power ports" in certain rows. Well unbelievably, our reserved seats are IN a power port row! On both flights!! What are the chances!!! DS will be over the moon that he can watch his DVD player the whole 5-hr flight :cool1:

Just had to share my excitement lol but someone please tell me if they don't have this on ALL their 757's :)

2. Jestocost

Jestocost DIS Veteran

American is one of the few airlines that has a fair amount of power ports on their planes and they are great for the DVD players. If you're up in the first half of the cabin, your chances of getting one are pretty good. The farther back you go they disappear, however. The seatguru charts are pretty accurate.

Just a note that the power ports are the car cigarette lighter type of thing, so you need to be sure you have one of those adapters for your DVD player. I haven't seen one that didn't have one, but you never know.

3. MICOL

MICOL DIS Veteran

Be sure to check with AA before picking seats. The power ports are on on alot of the odd number rows. We just used them on a 5 hour flight and watched our DVD player and it made a long flight not too bad.