Potty-trained 2-year-old in nursery

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MissDaisyofTexas, Dec 8, 2012.

1. MissDaisyofTexas

MissDaisyofTexas DIS Veteran

Hi--my 26-month-old daughter is newly potty-trained and we will be cruising in early Feb. While she is potty-trained, she still needs help getting her clothes up/down before and after. Is there a bathroom in the nursery? (We will be on the Magic). I'm assuming the cast members can help her? Does anyone have any experience with this? (I know in the Club/Lab cast members are not allowed to assist with the bathroom, I would hope it's different for the little ones in the nursery).

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lodge

lodge DIS Veteran

I hope they let you move to the kids club!:thumbsup2

4. MissDaisyofTexas

I don't think she'll be old enough for the Club/Lab. She will only be 28 months and I'm thinking will still need help with her clothes after the bathroom. :)

5. mybeachbabies

mybeachbabies Mouseketeer

We were on the Wonder in October and my potty-trained 2 1/2 year old was in the nursery. They were awesome with him! I don't think they have a bathroom in the nursery, but they took him to the kids club to go potty. They would take him every time they check diapers. I think its like every hour or 90 mins or something like that. He still needs help with his clothing and with wiping if needed and the nursery staff took care of all of that. They also took him over to the kids club just to play sometimes since he was older. The nursery staff stayed with him to supervise while he was playing there and then they went back to the nursery. The nursery staff was awesome!

6. MissDaisyofTexas

Good to hear, thanks!

7. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

Just confiming what PP said. We were also on the Magic (DD was 23 months, and then 26 months). The CMs took DD to the club both sailings when she told them she needed to go potty. It also gave her exposure to the CMs at the club, so much so that when we went for open house they told us that she was ready for the club eventhough she was so young. We opted against it bc of the ratios in club/lab and the much older kids.

OP DD was and is fully able to use the bathroom by herself. She attends preschool full-time and they don't help her at all. I was shocked (in a good way) when I picked up DD early one day and saw her go into the bathroom pull down her own pants, wipe herself, redress, and then wash her hands without the assistance of anyone. As parents we tend to baby our babies lol. We had no idea she could do this because we would always help her out of habit. Try encouraging her to be independent in the bathroom and she may be open to it. Children learn at different speeds and this may be something she picks up quickly. Good luck and have a great cruise :)

P.S. be prepared to be questioned when you use the pool. I told CMs to ask the Nursery staff if they didn't believe me that DD was potty trained. We also encounted other parents who thought we were breaking the rules because their child was the same age and not potty trained.

8. MissDaisyofTexas

Thanks for the info! We still have almost 2 months until our cruise so hopefully by then she'll be better at getting her clothes up and down.

9. I❤MICKEY

I❤MICKEY DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting this question. We are also on the Magic in February and my DS is 85% potty trained now. He'll be 27 months on the cruise. Based on how well he's doing I think he'll be 100%. Great info.