Pottery Barn Bunk Beds

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by rapunzal, Jul 10, 2006.

1. rapunzal

rapunzal DIS Veteran

Nov 22, 2002
    Looking at the bunk bed from Pottery Barn for my son. Want something with a trundle or storage? If you have it do you like it...good quality? Is there a code for discount? Thanks
  2. disneyfor3

disneyfor3 Mouseketeer

Aug 8, 2003
    I looked at both Pottery Barn Kids and Bombay Kids and ended up going with Bombay Kids when they had a good sale. They both seem pretty similar in quality. I'm very happy with the bedroom set I got from Bombay Kids. I joined their email and ended up buying the set in store to avoid shipping. I also bought the dresser on display. Got about a 40 percent discount I believe. If you have a Pottery Barn outlet near you sometimes they have very good prices on the furniture.
  3. mjbaby

mjbaby DIS Veteran

Jun 27, 2004
    A friend of mine who worked for Pottery Barn's parent company once advised me to steer clear of their furniture - nice looking, but not well-made was her opinion. This was about 5 years ago, though, so things may have changed/improved. My recommendation would be to see if you can take a look at it in the store before ordering from the catalog just to be sure.
  4. HeatherFeather

HeatherFeather <font color=darkorchid>The apostrophe just complet

Oct 7, 2005
    You might also want to look at www.cargokids.com. This is Pier 1's kids line of furniture. We looked at it in a brick & mortar store and it seemed quite sturdy...moreso than what is sold in the regular Pier 1 stores. I also used to reguarly get cards for $20 off every $100 spent there. You might call and ask to be added to their mailing list. HTH! :sunny: