Posting A REVIEW questions???

princessaloha

Mouseketeer
HI! We're leaving in 5 weeks! We have the DxDP for 11 days at mostly character and signature restaurants and would love to share our experience with everyone when we return. Mainly to help with the post-trip depression that I'm sure will set in :sad: I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate help with.

1. How do you post pictures? I've tried several times but can't seem to make it happen.

2. Is there a way to make the pictures smaller and or consistent size. Some of the other reviews pictures are so huge that I can't see the entire picture on my computer without shrinking everything then resetting the screen back to normal to be able to read.

3. How do you post the title with underline and link? I noticed on some reviews that the first post lists the dates and restaurants and when they finish a review that restaurant then has an underline and a link that takes you right to that specific review.

4. How do you post emoticon pictures? I want to use a rating system based on Disney characters, for example someone used Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Captain Hook etc. But every time I try to copy paste an image it won't let me.

5. Is there anything else I should know how to do that I forgot to ask?

Thank you in advance!

I used photobucket to post my pics. This seemed to be the easiest way I could figure out. Create a free photobucket account if you don't have one. Upload the photos you want. "Edit" the photos in the photobucket account to resize them. It is very simply. We are using width 700, which still makes the photos pretty large. Some people seem to go even smaller than that. After you have resized it to the desired width, click "save as copy." It seemed to be necessary to save it as a copy for the link to work. Then, when you scroll your curser over the photo, several "codes" pop up. If you click on the IMG code, it will copy it. Then you just paste that into disboards. When you preview your message, you will see the photo and then you can double check that the size came out the way you want it and that you posted the right photo in the right place. This is the way we did it for my recent review for each and every photo. It gets faster as you go along. Hope that helps.

I used photobucket to post my pics. This seemed to be the easiest way I could figure out. Create a free photobucket account if you don't have one. Upload the photos you want. "Edit" the photos in the photobucket account to resize them. It is very simply. We are using width 700, which still makes the photos pretty large. Some people seem to go even smaller than that. After you have resized it to the desired width, click "save as copy." It seemed to be necessary to save it as a copy for the link to work. Then, when you scroll your curser over the photo, several "codes" pop up. If you click on the IMG code, it will copy it. Then you just paste that into disboards. When you preview your message, you will see the photo and then you can double check that the size came out the way you want it and that you posted the right photo in the right place. This is the way we did it for my recent review for each and every photo. It gets faster as you go along. Hope that helps.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Will do a few practice runs in the next few days. Really appreciate your help :flower3:

3. How do you post the title with underline and link? I noticed on some reviews that the first post lists the dates and restaurants and when they finish a review that restaurant then has an underline and a link that takes you right to that specific review.

4. How do you post emoticon pictures? I want to use a rating system based on Disney characters, for example someone used Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Captain Hook etc. But every time I try to copy paste an image it won't let me.

Thank you in advance!

#3 - On a thread, each post has a post number in the upper right corner. Clicking on it will take you to a page that has that post right at the top. Copy that link. Then go edit your very first post. Highlight the text that says the name of the restaurant. Click on the "Insert Link" icon (the little blue globe with the chain link). Paste your copied website into the box that pops up, and save your changes.

#4 - you can post emoticon pictures like you described exactly the same way as any other pictures, by the procedure the PP mentioned.

#3 - On a thread, each post has a post number in the upper right corner. Clicking on it will take you to a page that has that post right at the top. Copy that link. Then go edit your very first post. Highlight the text that says the name of the restaurant. Click on the "Insert Link" icon (the little blue globe with the chain link). Paste your copied website into the box that pops up, and save your changes.

#4 - you can post emoticon pictures like you described exactly the same way as any other pictures, by the procedure the PP mentioned.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me. Have a beautiful day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter