Post Your Wedding Cake

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by DisneySweetie, Oct 23, 2007.

1. sunset30

sunset30 Mouseketeer

Thank you! It sounds yummy
    Lx

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sunset30

sunset30 Mouseketeer

I have baked one as per the instructions! It is in my fridge and the frosting is delicious!
    The cake seems to be soft and lovely, but I am waiting for DF to get home so we can have it for tea (for the next week or so, it's HUGE!!!)
    Lx

4. NEVERENOUGHWDW

NEVERENOUGHWDW <font color=blue>Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Unde

Great, let me know what you think.....:)

5. sunset30

sunset30 Mouseketeer

FAB! It is totally yummy. It is not like any other cake I have made in texture (can only be the buttermilk I guess) it's somehow a lot lighter.

Thank you so much for the recipe!
    Lx

6. NEVERENOUGHWDW

So happy you liked it!!!!!

Sorry for hijacking guys, red velvet cakes is an exciting topic for me.

7. NEVERENOUGHWDW

Would love this cake for our vow renewal......
    Traditional with a twist!

I won't bore you guys with another photo of my Disney cake.

8. cpayne1997

cpayne1997 Breanna and Austin's Mommy...Greg's Honey!

What a beautiful cake! Is that the cake that is included in the Escape package??? Just wondering we are thinking of doing a vow renewal in the next couple of years.

9. cpayne1997

Beautiful cake! So this one was included with the Escape package???

10. cpayne1997

Hey you were on the Disney Dream wedding show....or something like that! Was that you???

11. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

No - they paid for an upgrade to a 2-tier Mad Hatter cake. :thumbsup2

Yes. :goodvibes

Here are pictures of all the standard Escape package cakes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. cpayne1997

Thank you so much for the info....you are great! Do you happen to know how much an upgrade is to a mad hatter style cake?

13. kcampbell

kcampbell Disney Girl

Thanks! It definitely was a twist that went w/ my "sparkle/bling" theme. :goodvibes

Yeah...that was my husband and I. We were the "wishes" wedding that was featured at the BW. That's funny/awesome that you recognized my cake! :cutie:

14. cpayne1997

That was a beautiful wedding! Actually I recognized you first from the pictures in your signature, then your cake;)

15. kcampbell

kcampbell Disney Girl

Thank you cpayne1997....and I still think it's neat (even if it was the pics that gave it away!) :goodvibes

16. DznyGal

DznyGal April 2010 Disney Bride!

dhay - I love you cake, one of the best I have seen! Would love to see more pictures from your wedding. I am hoping to start planning my escape wedding soon!

17. Pats#1

Pats#1 Earning My Ears

great cakes

18. mrsscooter

mrsscooter DIS Veteran

Love the cakes! I am thinking about getting one for our anniversary while on our trip in October!

19. SeaBreezer

SeaBreezer Earning My Ears

Is the $450 the current price for a 2-tiered Mad Hatter? I had requested a 3-tiered Mad Hatter and it came out to be $1,100. The minimum for the cake was 85...I'm only having 30 guests and would love to scale my cake down a bit. I'm shocked that there is such a difference between a 2-tiered and a 3-tiered cake. Any suggestions on other types of cakes that would be more suited for 30 guests? Has anybody done mini-cakes?

20. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

To my knowledge Disney has not updated the pricing of their cakes, and with tax, service charge and the delivery fee, the $980 3-tier Mad Hatter could very well come out to $1,100. The 3-tier cakes require more decoration, hence the jump in price.

With only 30 guests, you could definitely do a 2-tier Mad Hatter, which feeds 50. Any of the simpler cakes pictured at the beginning of this thread will be a lot cheaper per person. For example, the Mickey's Delight cake (the one with the Mickey head stamps) is only $8.50 per person.

The cheapest cake is the Tower of Roses, a 3-tier buttercream-frosted cake (i.e., no fondant) that's $7.50/slice and feeds 50 people - so $375. You can see a couple 4-tier versions in this post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21440861&postcount=21

Mini cakes are actually more labor-intensive than standard cakes, and prices range from $17-$30 each, so you're looking at a minimum of $510 before tax, service charge and delivery fee.

21. SeaBreezer

SeaBreezer Earning My Ears

Thanks for the response lurkyloo. You sure do know a lot about DFTWs. Is there a place where I can get a listing of cake prices? The only thing I got from our WP was the CD of all of the cakes they offer but nothing with actual prices on it.