Post your ideas for inexpensive bring-your-own souvenirs!

I just got back from Dollar Tree and they had a ton of Disney princess stuff. School supplies, miniature dolls, books. Picked up two really cute Jack and the Beanstalk books with Mickey and Friends as the characters and a Disney Alice and Wonderland book. I am going to stuff them away for our trip in Jan. Not sure what you stores you have in your neck of the woods but check out Dollar Tree if you have one.

A lot of grocery and other stores carry Disney themed snacks. I've seen Disney fruit snacks, m&ms, pretzels, cookies and the like all individually packaged. This might be something you can use while you are there in your room or at the parks for a snack.
Of course, the parks/resorts have ADORABLE individually packed snacks as well....

what about ideas for older kids, My daughter would love disney surprises but she is 16 and I would love to have ideas for older kids.

You could get her disney gift certificates. I've also seen Disney ipod "skins" that you put on ipods to protect them. If she's into pins, there are some cheap ones on ebay. If she has crocs, you could buy her Disney Jibbitz http://www2.jibbitz.com/ You could get her some disney stickers, papers, supplies, those little towels that expand, disney stationary, etc. Hope that helps :)

for our trip in December we have so far bought special PJ's, a new princess doll to play with on the airplane and princess crayons and coloring book. We will do the every night tinker bell leaves something little, I am sure my daughter will enjoy it.

OH I always bring stuff with me. I shop thrift stores and I have gotten: Fleese Hoodies with the "gang" sweatshirts, T shirts, Hats, toys. I go to 99c only and get Disney candy, activity books, glow sticks pens etc. TRUST ME little kids do not care as long as they get goodies where they are bought. The glow sticks really went over huge while waiting for Fantasmic. I just can NOT bring my self to pay full price for Disney "junk" when I know I can get it for next to nothing. Fleese hoodies for $4.99 instead of $49.99!!!!!!

When we visit Disney Tinkerbell also leaves a present for my daughter (6yr) in the room - while we unload the rental car she searches the room for her hidden gift in a purple sack (of course I've already run into the room and hidden it!). She loves getting her gift from Tink - its usually PJ's for this trip, disney dollars, some gum and small snacks for line waiting. Sometimes (when I have a chance before we go!) a Princess will leave her a note each morning detailing the main activity for the day (this is usually printed with script font on parchment paper and then sealed with wax). For example, Ariel might leave a fun note that she can't wait to see her at dinner tonight etc. The princesses slide it under the door each night for her to find every morning. I don't do it every trip as it wouldn't be "special" for her.

A lot of grocery and other stores carry Disney themed snacks. I've seen Disney fruit snacks, m&ms, pretzels, cookies and the like all individually packaged. This might be something you can use while you are there in your room or at the parks for a snack.
Of course, the parks/resorts have ADORABLE individually packed snacks as well....

Hey now, this is a fantastic idea about the snacks... i too am very picky about buying Disney items... though, i did find a really cute Tink pen at the dollar store, which I happen to also find at that shop by Tropicana for 5 dollars! I think it can be done by smart selective shopping though... Like some at the dollar store, some through authentic Disney, and those special ones at the park.
The dollar glow sticks were a disaster for us though, they have tiny parts that are choking hazard--- just a heads up for the lil' onez!

Wonderful thread for sharing these fun ideas of Tink visiting, and having little tricks and treats ready!
love it!:thumbsup2

Sometimes the dollar section at Target has Disney princess notepads and pencils. I went to the dollar store for a b-day party for DD5 and they had a ton of stuff -- figures, jumpropes, balls, . . . all in the princess theme. I bet the Disney store has tons of stuff on clearance right now. I got my girls some tote bags from Disney store and they were like $3 each. I filled them with coloring books, crayons, colored pencils, and drawing paper. You can throw in stickers and snacks - all in disney themes! They loved these bags and it kept them busy on the airplane. You can look for crowns and jewelery to leave as Tinkerbell gifts at the hotel. I think on our next trip I am going to buy princess jammies and wrap them up and leave those at the hotel so they can open them and wear them to bed the first night we are there.
Have fun :wizard:

One neat thing we found at the dollar store is the glow sticks. They are expensive in the park but cheap at the dollar store. We found ones that you wear on your head and they have Mickey Mouse Ears on top that all glow in the dark. Dollar stores are always great finds for Disney stuff.

I love the *bargain-minded* people here! My motto is "It's not how much you spend...it's how much you save!". :rolleyes1
Having said that - we spend our early days in the parks and stores *just looking*, and then I let my boys (11 & 7) choose a couple of gifts at the end of the trip. We usually all get a sweatshirt also! I use the Disney Visa, and get a certain percentage off of any purchase over $50.00. Works well enough!
I loved the Disney Princess magnets! I will have to write down that website, and get those for my neice (5) for Christmas! She just had her first trip to DL this past April!

That site is awesome. Fantastic prices. Looks like they only ship to the US though :confused3

I like going to Walmart or Target for souviners such as T-shirts to wear in the park. You can get those under $10, and I usually get compliments as to "Where did you get that shirt". Those stores also carry loads of Disney Toys and such at a cheaper deal. I've seen childrens backpacks, fanny packs, jewelry, clothing, key chains, hats etc.

I love the glowstick idea! Those are usually very expensive to purchase at events. I will have to look for some before we go in October.

I found Minnie and a Dalmation magnetic light up that you can wear at a Dollar Store.

I also bought a Drink Cup with Straw filled with arts and craft ideas at Michael's a while ago. It does not require any glue and it was $1.50. There were about 5 different colors and each had different activities to make.

At a different Dollar Store I found small coloring books each with a different Disney Character: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy and Pluto. In the middle of each book is two pages of stickers-each book has different stickers.

I also made up an I Spy Bottle: empty water bottle, rice and lots of small items (penny, confetti, pom pom, dice, bell, eraser, paper clip, button, etc). I alternate the rice and items so they are distributed in the bottle-do not fill all the way to the top, as you will not be able to find all the objects! Hot glue the lid.

Last night I bought two DLR YOAMD Mickey Ears hats for Tinkerbell to deliver to my girls on the very last night of our stay in December.

Assuming they don't get "dreamed" with hats by a CM in the parks, Tink will do the dreaming (while my girls are dreaming:cloud9:).

And I can take the hats somewhere locally to have their names embroidered on them, before the trip.

Whadd'ya think? Sacrilege? Or good idea?

Last year I bought "Tinkerbell" gifts for my sons (3 and 5) and was so tired I forgot to put them out the first night. I intended to leave a little something out each night, but I just put it all out the second night.

They each received:

New Cars pjs (disneyshopping.com)

Winnie the Pooh journal book and Cars light up pen (One Dollar Spot at Target)

Little halloween flashlights (Oriental trading)These were great for trick or treating too. Awesome for a frightened 3 yr old on dark rides!

Glow stick bracelets

Disney stickers

New Mickey baseball jersey shirts

Cars toothbrushes and toothpaste.

I told them tink and the tooth fairy were cousins.

This year I plan on doing the same, I bought some Stitch pins on ebay and Buzz Lightyear shirts(ebay).
I was showing my SIL some Mickey pins I bought on ebay and they saw them so now I'll just give it to them those pins before we leave.
Also I'll get them some disposable cameras...they love those.

We stopped at the Vacaville Disney Outlet last week and they already got new Stitch DL sweatshirts and 99 cent lanyards.

Since I've splurged a little already they won't be getting as much from Tink this year.

But I'll still be on the lookout at Target, Disney Store, Dollar Store and disneyshopping.com becuz I'm an addict.

OOH!
One more thing.

I bring my sons' light up toys with us.. you know the ones you can buy at Disney Store for about $10 that spin and light up?

They charge about $20 at DL and once they see another kid with one they REALLY want one, then I pull theirs out of my backpack and they are fine.

My Mom was teasing me for bringing them to Disney on Ice a few months ago, but when she realized it would have cost her $40 she thought it was a great idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter