POST YOUR FD DEAL and DATE! (Had to pick something special for my 1000th post)

Did anyone have any luck with booking the AS Music Family Suites? I am just wondering if they are available with the free dining promo?

Finally got our confirmation from our TA!!! We are staying at POP, standard room, 9/6-9/13. Two adults, 1 child, 1 infant with free dining, 8 day base tickets=$1352

Also booked a room for my DM and MIL, two adults, same dates, tickets, room type=$1142.

It's crazy to me that our almost 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old only cost us $200 more, including meals (I know 2 year old not on DDP, but buffets, sharing, etc. he'll be set!!)

Our first family trip=major excitement!!

Finally got our confirmation from our TA!!! We are staying at POP, standard room, 9/6-9/13. Two adults, 1 child, 1 infant with free dining, 8 day base tickets=$1352

Also booked a room for my DM and MIL, two adults, same dates, tickets, room type=$1142.

It's crazy to me that our almost 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old only cost us $200 more, including meals (I know 2 year old not on DDP, but buffets, sharing, etc. he'll be set!!)

Our first family trip=major excitement!!
WOW!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Nice deal!!

We have CBR - Pirate Room 8 nights 8/21-8/29, 2 adults, 2 children with park hoppers and deluxe dining for $3377. First time trying Deluxe dining.

We did deluxe last year....TOO much food. We cashed out like 56 snack credits at WL gift shop last day....

I am very excited. We had previously booked with the 40% off code but were able to save $160 more with the Free Dining code. We are going 8/25-9/2. staying at the Wilderness lodge.

We booked 3 nights at ASMu with deluxe dining and 1day tickets for 2 adults - $600! We'll use the 1day tix towards our AP renewal (with the DVC discount, of course). We were going to do the one day tickets for our birthdays but since we are deciding to renew we will get that extra $75 each to spend too! :cool1:

Hey guys!

I have a quick question and I will post what I have later when I am at my desk and can pull out my papers with the correct costs and all. My question is this:

I currently have two rooms at SSR resort for next September. It was booked last September during a Bounceback. We got 30% off the deluxe villas and FD too! Love it! We booked 2 rooms- one is a 2 bedroom villa and the other is a studio. At the time my whole family was going with us and we needed the two rooms. Now they have all backed out....argh! Instead, my hubby's family wants to go. There are only 3 adults in this group (my mil, fil and bil) plus myself, dh and ds (4 yr old.) What should I do??

Could we all stay in a 2 bd villa?? I think it has 2 master bedrooms and a pull out couch...wouldn't this work??

OR should we call and redo it all for a Value resort? My inlaws don't want to pay much. Best I can figure w/out paperwork in front of me...

SSR for 8 nights plus base tix for everyone was around 2900 but I paid 200 deposit so that leaves 2700 divided by 3 (my family, my inlaws, and my bil by himself) which equals approx. 900.00 per family...we have APs so my inlaws will use our base tixs (can't that be done??) and that will save us some $.

If we bump down to a value resort, it won't be much different...approx. 875.00 after tax per room and that doesn't include the base tix per person like above does!

So...what would you guys do?? Do I book a set of 3 rooms at the Pop and hold them till later just in case they want to downgrade or will I be able to downgrade my bounceback ressies closer to the 45 day mark w/out a problem?? I hate to put out $600.00 more in deposits for a "just in case." Do we share a 2 bd room villa with inlaws OR get a value room?? Is there big difference in the bed quality of these rooms?? My FIL has diabetes and needs to rest well. That could be a big factor is you guys think the SSR has nicer beds and such. I think my family would love the kitchenette and washer/dryer too. But we will be cramped like sardines?? HELP!

BOOKED IN FEB WITH FREE DINING PIN CODE:

AUGUST 16-23
CBR, PREFERRED LOCATION
2 ADULTS
2 "DISNEY ADULTS"
4 DAY BASE TICKET W/WATER PARKS AND MORE
FREE DINING :cool1:
$2520.00

WE'RE SO EXCITED, THIS IS OUR FIRST TRIP W/FREE DINING :woohoo:. TO BE HONEST, I'M GETTING PRETTY NERVOUSE ABOUT MAKING DINING RESERVATIONS, I HAVE BACK UP RESTAURANTS FOR MY BACK UPS :lmao:

I got POR 4 nights 9/16-20 upgraded to deluxe dining 4 days base tickets.. 1300 and change.

Hey guys!

I have a quick question and I will post what I have later when I am at my desk and can pull out my papers with the correct costs and all. My question is this:

I currently have two rooms at SSR resort for next September. It was booked last September during a Bounceback. We got 30% off the deluxe villas and FD too! Love it! We booked 2 rooms- one is a 2 bedroom villa and the other is a studio. At the time my whole family was going with us and we needed the two rooms. Now they have all backed out....argh! Instead, my hubby's family wants to go. There are only 3 adults in this group (my mil, fil and bil) plus myself, dh and ds (4 yr old.) What should I do??

Could we all stay in a 2 bd villa?? I think it has 2 master bedrooms and a pull out couch...wouldn't this work??

OR should we call and redo it all for a Value resort? My inlaws don't want to pay much. Best I can figure w/out paperwork in front of me...

SSR for 8 nights plus base tix for everyone was around 2900 but I paid 200 deposit so that leaves 2700 divided by 3 (my family, my inlaws, and my bil by himself) which equals approx. 900.00 per family...we have APs so my inlaws will use our base tixs (can't that be done??) and that will save us some $.

If we bump down to a value resort, it won't be much different...approx. 875.00 after tax per room and that doesn't include the base tix per person like above does!

So...what would you guys do?? Do I book a set of 3 rooms at the Pop and hold them till later just in case they want to downgrade or will I be able to downgrade my bounceback ressies closer to the 45 day mark w/out a problem?? I hate to put out $600.00 more in deposits for a "just in case." Do we share a 2 bd room villa with inlaws OR get a value room?? Is there big difference in the bed quality of these rooms?? My FIL has diabetes and needs to rest well. That could be a big factor is you guys think the SSR has nicer beds and such. I think my family would love the kitchenette and washer/dryer too. But we will be cramped like sardines?? HELP!

I think your MIL, FIL, and BIL could stay in one bedroom, you and your DH in the master, and your son on the sofa sleeper (or if you're like me on vacation, sometimes someone sleeps in between us). The 2 bedroom sounds really like plenty of space to me. With diabetes, the kitchen is nice, and the living room will be nice to spread out in during some down time. You won't get that in just a regular hotel room. The washer/dryer is priceless!

So, can you just drop the extra studio? I would check if you can make changes, but it sounds nicer than the values by far. You'll also have a private balcony (or two or 3, depending). The space will be nice I think.

It sounds like you got a very nice deal - I hope you enjoy it!

What dining plan do you get for free? The Quick Service or the Reg Dining? (1 quick 1 table, 1 snack)

I think your MIL, FIL, and BIL could stay in one bedroom, you and your DH in the master, and your son on the sofa sleeper (or if you're like me on vacation, sometimes someone sleeps in between us). The 2 bedroom sounds really like plenty of space to me. With diabetes, the kitchen is nice, and the living room will be nice to spread out in during some down time. You won't get that in just a regular hotel room. The washer/dryer is priceless!

So, can you just drop the extra studio? I would check if you can make changes, but it sounds nicer than the values by far. You'll also have a private balcony (or two or 3, depending). The space will be nice I think.

It sounds like you got a very nice deal - I hope you enjoy it!

I think it would be a great too! Is there a sleeper sofa in the 2 bdroom? I saw it described as being in the 1 bd on Allears but not on the 2...hmm!! My bil would sleep in that and my inlaws would take one bd room and we'd take the other. Our little guy will sleep with us no doubt! My other question is do you think it is fair for me to ask bil to pay 1/3?? He is 36 yr old and not married. Or should it be 1/2 my family and 1/2 my in laws (including my bil)? Any thoughts?? Still wondering about the bed situation too...are the beds softer/comfier at the SSR?

Oh and yes...we can canel the studio room up to the 45 day mark w/out penalty. We can actually cancel any of it...I just hate to wait and decide on this later and then no value rooms be available if we want to downgrade! YIKES! What to do??

Wilderness Lodge
8/16-8/21 5 nights
standard view
2A,1J,1C
1 day base ticket
$1664
:yay::banana::yay::banana:

I think it would be a great too! Is there a sleeper sofa in the 2 bdroom? I saw it described as being in the 1 bd on Allears but not on the 2...hmm!! My bil would sleep in that and my inlaws would take one bd room and we'd take the other. Our little guy will sleep with us no doubt! My other question is do you think it is fair for me to ask bil to pay 1/3?? He is 36 yr old and not married. Or should it be 1/2 my family and 1/2 my in laws (including my bil)? Any thoughts?? Still wondering about the bed situation too...are the beds softer/comfier at the SSR?

Oh and yes...we can canel the studio room up to the 45 day mark w/out penalty. We can actually cancel any of it...I just hate to wait and decide on this later and then no value rooms be available if we want to downgrade! YIKES! What to do??

I wouldnt think it would be fair to ask him for 1/3, or for the in-laws to pay 1/2. At 4 yo, your son would be charged for many things at Disney and I would pro-rate it at some level for his costs and then divide the remainder by 5. But, if that seem like a bit much, you could say that the 200.00 deposit you paid covered him and then divide whats left by 5. So, BIL would pay 1/5th [2700 divided by 5] = $540. The inlaws would pay 2/5 th's - or $1,080 - and you guys would pay the other 2/5th's.

Well, didn't mean to go off... hope my reasoning makes sense.:)

ps - I would vote for SSR if the costs are similar to the single rooms elsewhere - it is supposed to be very nice and I :cloud9:the location. Good luck and great trip!!!:thumbsup2

In response to the lady asking about SSR, I would switch to a 2 bedroom at OKW. They are huge and you would get a 2nd bedroom with 2 queen size beds. I am a DVC member and I own at SSR, but for your group I would definitely choose OKW. The resort is beautiful and the living room/kitchen area is much larger than SSR. I think you can switch your code to this resort.

September 26 - October 3
2 Adults w/ Free Dining
Port Orleans French Quarter
7 Day Park Hopper
$1964.76

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!