Post your Eastern Caribbean Excursions here!!!

Any reviews on golf excursions? We are doing 9/22 Fantasy Eastern and my DH is thinking about golfing.

Anyone who has been on the Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour- is there any availability of chairs/umbrellas on the beach? I was looking into doing this excursion with someone that does not snorkel as a way to hit a beach on St. John.

goofygirl27 said:
Anyone who has been on the Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour- is there any availability of chairs/umbrellas on the beach? I was looking into doing this excursion with someone that does not snorkel as a way to hit a beach on St. John.

Just off Eastern Fantasy June 16-23; we dis this excursion. There are no beach chairs or umbrellas. DH snorkeled while DD & I swam. It was lovely!!! My only complaint was that we only had 90 min on the beach & I wish it was longer.

Anyone know where the Kon Tiki beach stop is? If it's Magen's bay I think we might want to pass, but it looked like someone said that it stopped at Honeymoon Beach in St. John?

Also, I'd love reviews of Magen's Bay with a toddler (just turned 2). I read recently that the water is "warm, but murky" :crazy2:... is that true?

Anyone know where the Kon Tiki beach stop is? If it's Magen's bay I think we might want to pass, but it looked like someone said that it stopped at Honeymoon Beach in St. John?

Also, I'd love reviews of Magen's Bay with a toddler (just turned 2). I read recently that the water is "warm, but murky" :crazy2:... is that true?
When we went 3 years ago, The water was crystal clear. I swam/snorkeled close to the shoreline and saw all kinds of fish. This was in October. While Castaway Cay was a little murky, Meagan's Bay was not.

Hey!! DF and I will be honeymooning on the Fantasy - Jan 26 Eastern Caribbean (itinerary B).

When we stop in San Juan we're going to do the Rainforest Tour. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...rainforest-and-canopy-eco-adventure-san-juan/
It is a bit pricey, $200 per person, but this is our first cruise EVER and our honeymoon so I figured we deserved a once in a lifetime experience. Plus we were drawn towards doing something active on one of our shore days to offset all the eating and celebrating we'll be doing. :rotfl:

For our St Thomas excursion I was originally going to go with the Champagne Tour but reading all the reviews I have decided to switch to the Turtle Cove and Honeymoon Beach Tour. They are basically the same, but I like the idea that you are served lunch with this one, even if it is a bit lack luster it's better than nothing and considering it's 6 hour tour I figured we were going to need to eat at some point.

I know that going through DCL on some of these things is a bit more expensive, but given this is our first cruise it makes it easy for us.

Hey!! DF and I will be honeymooning on the Fantasy - Jan 26 Eastern Caribbean (itinerary B).

When we stop in San Juan we're going to do the Rainforest Tour. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...rainforest-and-canopy-eco-adventure-san-juan/
It is a bit pricey, $200 per person, but this is our first cruise EVER and our honeymoon so I figured we deserved a once in a lifetime experience. Plus we were drawn towards doing something active on one of our shore days to offset all the eating and celebrating we'll be doing. :rotfl:

For our St Thomas excursion I was originally going to go with the Champagne Tour but reading all the reviews I have decided to switch to the Turtle Cove and Honeymoon Beach Tour. They are basically the same, but I like the idea that you are served lunch with this one, even if it is a bit lack luster it's better than nothing and considering it's 6 hour tour I figured we were going to need to eat at some point.

I know that going through DCL on some of these things is a bit more expensive, but given this is our first cruise it makes it easy for us.

You won't regret it. Honeymoon Beach is THE most beautiful place I have ever seen. I've been trying to figure out how to get back there, but with a toddler, it just doesn't seem to be in the cards this time around.

When we went 3 years ago, The water was crystal clear. I swam/snorkeled close to the shoreline and saw all kinds of fish. This was in October. While Castaway Cay was a little murky, Meagan's Bay was not.

Thank you! I suspect the murkiness is just like the murkiness on CC... it's the bottom being stirred up over the day. Now, I just have to worry about the crowds... (I hate crowds!) I suppose worst case I'll have to pay a taxi to go back to the ship.

I saw the Kon Tiki boat when we were at Honeymoon Beach for the Full day Turtle Cove Sail and Snorkel. They left shortly after we arrived - maybe around 1pm or a bit before? It looked like they were having fun! There is no dock at Honeymoon Beach, but the boats come pretty close to shore, anchor and then it's a short swim in. I'm not sure if Kon Tiki had a little zodiak boat to transport passengers in if they didn't want to swim, but our's did.

** Please note! There are 2 Honeymoon Beaches - one on St John that is raved about endlessly (gotta get there), and THIS Honeymoon Beach on WATER ISLAND. This beach on Water Island is very nice - palm trees line the soft sand, the water is calm, clear and warm, and it is quite pretty. I just don't think it's as gorgeous as the reviews give the one on St John. We did not see much fish on Water Island for snorkeling.

I'm hoping someone can assist...I'm already in planning mode, though I'm still a year out :rolleyes:

I'm hoping someone that is closer to their cruise dates can help out...can you give me the TIMES (not duration) of the following excursions?

1. St. Thomas - Full Day Caribbean Sail & Snorkel to Turtle Bay and Honeymoon Beach

2. St. Marteen - Beach Bash Tour (we were hoping if we did this, instead of the "French Riverea", we'd have more time for shopping on the Boardwalk/shopping district outside the port.

Thank you!!

Just off Eastern Fantasy June 16-23; we dis this excursion. There are no beach chairs or umbrellas. DH snorkeled while DD & I swam. It was lovely!!! My only complaint was that we only had 90 min on the beach & I wish it was longer.

Did you have time to do any shopping on the excursion at Trunk Bay or Cruz Bay?

I'm sorry if this has been addressed in this thread but I've already read the through the thread once and lost my info that I jotted down. Has anyone done the See and Sea Island tour ? What did you think? Also the Under the 2 flags Island tour at St. Maarten? What did you think? Anytime for shopping? I'm looking for christmas ornaments and a Pandora store.

1. 8:15
2. 1:30 :confused3 Perhaps earlier time(s) booked?

HTH

Thanks!! We wanted something later (around that time) so we could do some shopping ahead of time, and plan on spending the whole day at the beach at St. Thomas. That sounds perfect!

We signed up for this excursion because we couldn't find anything else that appealed to us. Overall, the St. Maarten excursions looked less interesting than the St. Thomas excursions, but we wanted to do something on the island. We picked this one since we like snorkeling, but our expectations were low.

We loved this excursion. The crew were very nice and the entire process of the excursion was well handled. We walked from the ship (Disney Fantasy in our case) directly to the catamaran. The walk is not long, but if someone has trouble walking then it might be considered far -- about 3 lengths of the ship. They had us take off our shoes and board the catamaran barefoot. The catamaran was full but not crowded, though I don't think this excursion sold out, so it may be more crowded on a sold out excursion.

They made a bit of a production about getting passengers to help hoist the sail. It was a bit of fun and overall just for show since we motored all the way to our destination by engine. We passed by the area with the airplanes and we could see several planes land as we made our way to our snorkeling destination.

The destination: Long Bay or Bay Long or something like that was beautiful. The water was clear, blue and just perfect for snorkeling or enjoying time on the beach. We focused on snorkeling and it was pretty good. They had life vests, but said they were optional. We opted out since the life vests hinder ones ability to dive down and get a close look at the fish and we are adequate swimmers. The crew were also admirably conscientious about safety, both in words and actions. They have a small inflated boat with a motor that they use in conjunction with the catamaran to keep and eye on all the snorkelers. If someone needed help they would be able to get to the person in need fairly quickly.

Fish were plentiful and of a wide variety. Quite beautiful.
The time was just about right. Long enough that I didn't feel rushed. Short enough that I left wanting more, but not feeling deprived.

On the way back they didn't even bother with the sail at all. But that was okay, the main spectacle was the splashing of water as the catamaran made its way back to the ship. The waves were bigger than in the morning and occasionally along the way there would be a big splash. The kids (not ours, we don't have any) loved it. It was pretty amusing for everyone.

We really enjoyed our time. The excursion exceeded our expectations.

For our trip in April it will be me, DH, and DD4. We would appreciate advice/reviews of the following:

St. John Island Tour
St. Thomas Island Tour & Shopping
Kon Tiki Sightseeing & Beach cruise

or anything else to do in St. Thomas/St. John

We're taking our cruise in September and have booked the Under Two Flags Tour in St. Maarten and the Best of St. Thomas Island Tour and Shopping excursions. I saw a brief post about the Two Flags tour, but I would like to know more about it. And I haven't seen anything about the St. Thomas tour--just the St. John one. Has anyone out there done the St. Thomas tour?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter