Post Your- Disney Waterpark photos!

I prefer blizzard beach. The starting point for a lot of the rides are semi-centralized. TL is more spread out. But it does have the crushin'gusher which is a really fun ride.

Thanks for the help.

Is Blizzard Beach more about thrill slides?

And TL is more about relaxing with fewer big rides?

Do the parks have an equal number of water slides? Is Blizzard Beach the park with the tallest or fastest ride?

I think TL is more relaxing.

Blizzard Beacj has the tallest/fastest ride, that being Summit Plummit. But Typhoon Lagoon has a comperable slide, it's just not as tall. I think the general consensus is that BB is more about the thrill rides, but TL has it's share of those as well.

One thing TL has that BB doesn't is the CrushNGusher. It's a waterslide rollercoaster. You actually go uphill in spots.

TL's wave pool accomodates a lot more people than BB, so I think BB is definitely more of a slide place.

Another difference is that at BB you don't carry your tubes/mats up with you, where at Typhoon you do. It's not a big deal, but I've overheard people complain about it.

Donold_Fan said:
Another difference is that at BB you don't carry your tubes/mats up with you, where at Typhoon you do. It's not a big deal, but I've overheard people complain about it.

Yeah, it can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes, esp when you're trying to cart the big round tube up the steps and you're only 5ft 1!!! :rotfl:

I used to think I would hate TL and would always love BB because I LOVE water slides! The first year we went to Orlando, we went to Wet 'n' Wild, and I had to ride most rides by myself while my mum and sister sat by the pool and sunbathed/went in the wave pool.

However, last trip we took our first trip to TL, and while the rides are slower and more leisurely, I actually preferred the park because it my mum and sister were riding the slides with me, rather than me running around on my own. So it definitely has a better 'family' feel to it because there is stuff for everyone to do. The wave pool at TL is just THE BEST as well!!!

We have several days at each of the parks planned this year, and I have persuaded my mum to try and attempt Summit Plummet with me! We were going to do it last year, but were at the park at the end of the day, and by the time we got into the chairlift queue, having worked up the courage, they closed it for the night :(

Thanks for posting all of the photos. We're going to TL this coming trip, and we all are very excited about it!

Here's a few of our Typhoon Lagoon pics from our July 4, 2007 trip

aaahh Shark :scared1:
image04.jpg

Is that water I hear :rolleyes1
image06.jpg

Yup, that was water I heard :scared:
image08.jpg

Here's my boys checking out the Typhoon Lagoon wave pool

1201635223_e9cb133bb0.jpg

Well I've only been to BB [loved it BTW and I'm not into thrill rides] but this year we're going to TL as well.

I hope to bring back many wonderful pictures. =]

These were from an early entry day at TL December 2005- it was incredible. We LOVE the water parks! Some of our best Disney memories are from them! I find it so awesome to be able to kick back in a lounge chair, while my sons are having the time of their lives. We go on some of the family rides together, then I let them go off on their own - which they enjoy. Then we can go on the lazy river together or whatever!

TyphoonLagEMH1.jpg
TyphoonLagEMH2.jpg

My boys at the bottom of the then new Crush N Gusher!
bottomofCrushnGusher.jpg
afterCrushNGusher.jpg

A pic of Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach
BlizzardBeach.jpg

Part of the kiddie area at BB - there are iceburgs in the water and a rope cross - wish I was a kid again!
bbkiddiearea.jpg

My son ate this entire bucket ice cream sundae! Figures he is the skinniest of all of us!
BBDevsicecreamsundae.jpg

Here is my mom and inlaws..she is 70something and I never thought she would get on any water ride, but she tried most of them May 07 TL

112359-R1-21-25A_022.jpg

112359-R1-18-22A_019.jpg

112359-R1-14-18A_015.jpg

112359-R1-19-23A_020.jpg

I love these pics. We're going to TL next month and I can't wait. I've just added a disposable waterproof camera to my list. BTW, where do you get those waterproof lanyards?

Oldest on a water slide at TL...

1201635245_dbad6bbe1b.jpg

His younger brother on the foam alligator in the kiddie area...

1201635255_4471b0a5fc.jpg

I love these pics. We're going to TL next month and I can't wait. I've just added a disposable waterproof camera to my list. BTW, where do you get those waterproof lanyards?

You can purchase them at either of the water parks. I picked up another one this week on clearance at our local Eddie Bauer. I've also seen them at Linen's and Things.

:thumbsup2 These pictures are terrific!!!! I love them!!!! Donold Fan I especially love the ones on page 1 when the wife gets the wave!!! cracked me up:rotfl2: The hubby reminds me of mine!!! PrincessV I also love the tropical cocktail picture, makes me think of vacation!!!!! And I must say the drink posed so well and smiled nicely for the camera!:lmao:

I haven't been to either of the waterparks but am planning on it for my upcoming visit. They look like so much fun, thanks for the pictures! Quick question: there is rain in the forecast for next week, will the waterparks still be a lot of fun if its overcast and sprinkling?

This definitely needs a bump because I would love to see others share their water park pics! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter