Post Wedding Bachelorette Party - Fall 2016 PTR

I was thinking that we might want to meet Anna and Elsa this time and because we had two weeks worth of FPs, we could probably get one for them....except that they aren't accepting FPs for them! Booo. I don't think we'll wait in line for them. Maybe in the spring if they decide to FP them.

You should!! I enjoyed meeting Anna, she invited me to a ball lol. I don't think the wait times will be too bad in September, as they aren't bad right now mid summer!! *fingers crossed*

Least Favorite guest: The one who turned the corner at a MNSSHP candy trail and smashed into my family with her super wide double stroller (side-by-side one), righted herself, then kept going forward, smashing into the others in front of her saying, Coming through!

Ugh! Some people are so entitled!
My least favourite guests are the ones that cut in front of you in line. I understand when the party gets separated, and one person of the three ends up in front of my group. The polite thing to do is go behind and stay with your group, but sometimes one or two will cut. But when one person gets in front of me and then like twenty of their closest friends thinks it is acceptable to cut o_O not impressed!

Least Favorite resort: Port Orleans French Quarter. But we haven't been to All Stars yet, so...

Interesting. Why is that your least favourite?? I have never stayed at a Port Orleans resort, but it was on my short list a few years ago. We chose Pop. :scared1: My friend was on a very serious budget so I had to take that into account. Never again. The resort itself was nice. Very big. But the buses! OMG they were torture. We would actually leave half way through Illuminations and RUN for the bus stop just so we could get back at a decent time. If we stayed to close, we were easily a five bus wait. :eek: As i haven't stayed at an All Stars either, Pop is my least favourite.

You picked Cars as well!! I like the second one better since you get to see the world at least.

I couldn't really think of a least favourite Pixar movie because I really have enjoyed them all so far, but I feel like I was easily distracted during Cars 2, so I chose it as my least favourite.

I forgot about that HORRID Sulley!! He was the absolute worst character ever. I can't believe he purposely turned around every time I tried to take a picture. Complete opposite of the Sulley I met in California Adventure who was just wandering around and did the scary feet dance for me!!! Or the one who stole you and Melissa... or was it just you?

I LOVED the Sully from 2014!! Mike stole Mel, Sully gurgled at me and played with my hair!!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-15%20at%202.12.37%20PM_zpszrkoxzya.png

We can avoid this by immediately getting into another line after a fast pass, or having Disney remove all benches from the parks. I'm good with either.

Done. Benches officially removed!

I think every country has non beer options. I haven't looked but I'll have a list for next post.

Okay, excellent I can't wait. I suppose I could just look it up, but you're really good at it! ::yes::

I updated flash. It was easier than having error messages all over the place. I'll post it myself....

Thanks!!! I love your non laziness :rotfl2:

Who have you been traveling with?

Imaginary friends I guess...

Definitely don't want to waste park time at the pool. Too bad the pools aren't open all night. I'm signing your cast "Milpool"

The cast on my finger??

Ugh! Some people are so entitled!
My least favourite guests are the ones that cut in front of you in line. I understand when the party gets separated, and one person of the three ends up in front of my group. The polite thing to do is go behind and stay with your group, but sometimes one or two will cut. But when one person gets in front of me and then like twenty of their closest friends thinks it is acceptable to cut o_O not impressed!

This is also my least favorite. I just don't get why people think this okay. We are not yet at the point in society where it is every person for themselves. We need to work together and be polite, people!!

Interesting. Why is that your least favourite?? I have never stayed at a Port Orleans resort, but it was on my short list a few years ago. We chose Pop. :scared1: My friend was on a very serious budget so I had to take that into account. Never again. The resort itself was nice. Very big. But the buses! OMG they were torture. We would actually leave half way through Illuminations and RUN for the bus stop just so we could get back at a decent time. If we stayed to close, we were easily a five bus wait. :eek: As i haven't stayed at an All Stars either, Pop is my least favourite.

It's funny because POR is my favorite so it would make sense that POFQ is also a favorite, right? And I really love the actual French Quarter. First, it is so hot at that resort. I don't know why it seems hotter than the others. I feel like I'm literally baking when I'm standing in the courtyards. Also, I don't care for the pool or the theming in the lobby. When we went there to eat once, the CM at the food counter was not so nice and neither was the CM at the register. Maybe they were having a bad day in the food court.

Pop is definitely down in the totem pole. I feel like the buses anywhere are torture. I have actually stayed at Pop twice. (Budget with my traveling partner both times as well.) Once the buses were okay and the other time the buses were awful. Same with POR. I've stayed there multiple times and the buses were great one trip and horrible the others. Now, if I possibly can, I rent a car. And if I don't rent a car, I always take the morning bus to the park and then in the evening, walk over to whatever Deluxe resort and grab a taxi. It's about $20 a ride. Depending on how many parks you go to, it's cheaper than a rental car.

Ooooops I pressed submit before I finished responding to your message...

And our smug looks while sitting in the front after everyone bailed on us!

You mean this look??
MK_MINETRAIN_7470615731_zps2tcwkqgm.jpeg

We look happy, definitely not smug even though that's how we felt...

No it's not. I think we deserve a day where we can just ride whatever we want whenever we want to without scheduling 60 days ahead of time then obsessing over the decision for two months and almost missing the reservation because we got there later than expected. It will probably be our best day!

Oh we for sure deserve it. We are going to accomplish so much that day! I am sooooo excited. I kind of want to buy an overpriced wand and make it do magic, but then what will i do with it when i get home?? But still... We're going to Hogwarts! My wizard dreams come true :hyper:

This is also my least favorite. I just don't get why people think this okay. We are not yet at the point in society where it is every person for themselves. We need to work together and be polite, people!!

I know!! People are so ignorant. I mean come on, we all spend a crap ton of money to be there, so be courteous. It is afterall the happiest place on earth!! HAHAHA.

It's funny because POR is my favorite so it would make sense that POFQ is also a favorite, right? And I really love the actual French Quarter. First, it is so hot at that resort. I don't know why it seems hotter than the others. I feel like I'm literally baking when I'm standing in the courtyards. Also, I don't care for the pool or the theming in the lobby. When we went there to eat once, the CM at the food counter was not so nice and neither was the CM at the register. Maybe they were having a bad day in the food court.

Pop is definitely down in the totem pole. I feel like the buses anywhere are torture. I have actually stayed at Pop twice. (Budget with my traveling partner both times as well.) Once the buses were okay and the other time the buses were awful. Same with POR. I've stayed there multiple times and the buses were great one trip and horrible the others. Now, if I possibly can, I rent a car. And if I don't rent a car, I always take the morning bus to the park and then in the evening, walk over to whatever Deluxe resort and grab a taxi. It's about $20 a ride. Depending on how many parks you go to, it's cheaper than a rental car.

I understand, bad circumstances and all, it can definitely put a downer on a resort. Does the french quarter have the sea-serpent pool?? I obviously didn't do a lot of research when I was considering POR/POFQ, I was just crunching numbers, and upgrading the free table service dining plan and staying at Pop was cheaper than having the free table service dining plan and staying at a moderate. So the cheaper won. Never again. LOL. I like your idea of taxis. We did that one night after dinner at California Grill, Way better than two buses lol

I get how a certain place can feel hotter, I feel like Animal Kingdom is always a lot hotter than everywhere else.

Hi following along from my PTR! :wave: So exciting for a chance to have a trip with your sister! After our trip last year I realized it was way more fun going with my cousin than a big group even though I love my family dearly lol.

As you might be able to see, I love character photos!! It's one of my favourite things to do in Disney.
It makes me happy I am not the only adult that loves this!

I'm kind of a creature of habit when it comes to food, as you can see I with repeat restaurants and wanting to order the same stuff again and again, but this year we are trying a few new (to me) restaurants.
I couldn't agree more. We are repeating several places but I am picky and if I find something I like I don't venture to far away.

I'll check into the hotel, drop my bags off and head straight to Epcot. I know most people like to relax their first day in Disney, but I am not one of those people. I believe in cramming in as much fun as possible from the second I land!!
Ha we do this too! Last year we kept adding a day here and there and finally had to cut it off at some point so we went to Disney Springs and had an early night. I was too excited too sleep and ended up getting up 2 hours early because I wanted to go to a park!

Can't wait to read more!

Good to know! Maybe we'll still give them a try. I forgot about the tiering. That's also annoying.

I know, we have three Epcot days and only one useful fast pass each day. The other two are usually throw aways except for the Mickey and Friends one. That usually saves a lot of time in the afternoon.

No, we didn't have the crab legs. We usually get beef or pork. So you're probably cool. My sister and her husband were just there in February. They said that their portions were really small and the service was extremely slow. Though their food was okay, they said it wasn't worth the wait or the money. I had a similar experience the last time I was there in 2014 though the service was just fine, the portion sizes were fine but the food itself was just okay. But crab legs are a different story since they are "pre-packaged" if you will.

You should still go and see for yourself!

Sorry you had less than great experiences there. We tried it for the first time last year and liked the crab legs so we're going back again. I'm not sure what everyone else had but I think they all liked it.

Me too! There is also a CM that I was pretty upset with once and I still think about him! It seemed like the whole trip we were ending up in the worst possible place on a ride (either the back when we wanted the front and vice versa) or with really strange ride mates, etc. And it always ended up that we were queued up for a really great seat and then some group would request something or the CM would pull weird and we'd end up in the less desirable location. Now, I know that this is just the luck of the draw but it seemed like it was ride after ride after ride. So, second to last day at MK, at BTMRR. I want to sit near the back because the front is kind of boring since you hang over halfway down the hills until the back gets up to the top and then you sort of slowly coast down the hill. I get near the CM and I see that I'll probably end up in the back. Score! Finally!! Then, this group of giggly teenage girls beg the CM to put them in the back because they don't want to ride in the front. So, of course, I get to him and he starts to tell me to go to the front. I ask, "Can I please sit towards the end instead?" He give me a very terse "No, I can't give everyone whatever they want, ma'am. You need to go in spot #1." I was so upset. Just because this had been happening all week. And I actually wasn't asking for anything special, just the place that I would have gotten had he not given in to the girls who asked in the first place. And then for him to act like I was being unreasonable just made me even more upset. It's okay for them to ask but not me? Needless to say, I didn't have a good time on that ride. I still get irritated thinking about it.

I would have been SO ANGRY with that cast member!!! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Most of the time if you ask to sit somewhere specific they let you even if it's inconvenient for them. It's like you just got there at the worst time when he had a melt down. Why should the girls get what they want but not you? Ugghhh. Hopefully that won't happen again. I'm wondering about Frozen though since the line is 90 minutes plus and slow loading. I could see them being more strict about putting people where they fit than with other rides. I like to ask for row 1 so I don't see heads. (I know, super high maintenance).

That is so awful that you had to face him again and again in line!

It was so awkward at the time but I just laugh about it now.

Hahahahaha!! I'm sure he didn't realize! Sounds like he was messed up in lots of ways. What a prize!

I feel bad for the kid!

We've had so many weird guest interactions. It really brings home how different people are and how they think so differently than you. Boggles the mind sometimes.

Me too, I'm always shocked at the things I see. Like diapers being changed on dining tables. :eek:

I couldn't really think of a least favourite Pixar movie because I really have enjoyed them all so far, but I feel like I was easily distracted during Cars 2, so I chose it as my least favourite.

Yeah, that's part of the reason I didn't like Cars. Bad experience in theatre.

I LOVED the Sully from 2014!! Mike stole Mel, Sully gurgled at me and played with my hair!!

I love that Sulley! He liked my outfit because I matched him.

Done. Benches officially removed!

I wish we had that kind of power. What else would we change?

I think I liked it better without any fast passes. Everyone just waits in line and that line moves quickly because there isn't anyone cutting in front of you with a fast pass. It would be much easier overall. No rushing to a ride before the FP expires.

Also the parks would be open until midnight every night. No more early closings.

Okay, excellent I can't wait. I suppose I could just look it up, but you're really good at it! ::yes::

I looked it up and there aren't 11 drinks I want. I think we should just drink 11 of whatever we want instead of having to choose one from each country. If I drink 11 gran mariner slushies does that count? Oh and since you said you want a glowing drink this year, do you want me to just bring my glow cube from last year and throw it into a regular drink while you're not looking? It would save money.

Thanks!!! I love your non laziness :rotfl2:

Are you being sarcastic??? :rotfl:

Imaginary friends I guess...

It would be fun to go with imaginary enemies too. We can randomly yell at invisible people.

You mean this look??

Yes that look. Why does my dress look a weird orange colour?

I kind of want to buy an overpriced wand and make it do magic, but then what will i do with it when i get home??

When in your life has that ever stopped you from buying something? Clearly you need to buy a wand.

Eeeek! I just found your PTR and you and your sister sound like a ton of FUN! I'm coming with you guys on your next trip!! :rolleyes1 I seriously love all of your character photos!

Just made my FPs too! :figment:

I can't wait to see your Disney outfits! I love buying Disney clothes (a little too much but that means I have lots of choices) :rotfl:

Eeeek! I just found your PTR and you and your sister sound like a ton of FUN! I'm coming with you guys on your next trip!! :rolleyes1 I seriously love all of your character photos!

Awesome! You can be in charge of getting us to the park early. We would love to run onto all the rides with no lines but we can't ever make it there on time. My 7 year old wants to watch TV in the morning and take his time. My sister is thinking of unplugging it and telling him it's broken. :laughing:

I can't wait to see your Disney outfits! I love buying Disney clothes (a little too much but that means I have lots of choices) :rotfl:

Me too! I've been collecting them all year. I feel like I've bought half of Hot Topic. They have the best Disney dresses.

I just found something we need to add to our list of things to do. The Abracadabar just opened at the Boardwalk so we have to squeeze that in somewhere. I think we can get it done in an hour. I know we hate not being in the parks from the time we wake up to the time we go to bed but we can pretend the bar is actually part of Epcot. It would fit well in France I think. It's magic themed.

Check the review and pictures here...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...e-new-abracadabar-on-disney-worlds-boardwalk/

I need the Margarita that changes from pink to purple and possibly the Absinthe since it's served in a glass with eyes, like it's looking at you while you drink it.

There's also a non alcoholic cotton candy drink that L would love.

Now to figure out when to go....

I just found something we need to add to our list of things to do. The Abracadabar just opened at the Boardwalk so we have to squeeze that in somewhere. I think we can get it done in an hour. I know we hate not being in the parks from the time we wake up to the time we go to bed but we can pretend the bar is actually part of Epcot. It would fit well in France I think. It's magic themed.

Check the review and pictures here...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...e-new-abracadabar-on-disney-worlds-boardwalk/

I need the Margarita that changes from pink to purple and possibly the Absinthe since it's served in a glass with eyes, like it's looking at you while you drink it.

There's also a non alcoholic cotton candy drink that L would love.

Now to figure out when to go....

I'm also trying to figure out a way to get here! Maybe our first day??? I already have Trader Sam's as a must do (our resort switch day), plus the bar at Sanaa, and Victoria Falls at AKL. This "laid back" vacation I'm supposed to be planning is getting really busy! Shhhh. Don't tell my parents!

I'm also trying to figure out a way to get here! Maybe our first day??? I already have Trader Sam's as a must do (our resort switch day), plus the bar at Sanaa, and Victoria Falls at AKL. This "laid back" vacation I'm supposed to be planning is getting really busy! Shhhh. Don't tell my parents!

Wow your list is much longer than ours! We wanted to do Trader Sam's last year but couldn't figure out where to fit it in. The problem was getting back to our resort if MK had closed. You could do Abracadabar on your Epcot evening. It's probably open later than the park so that would work. Or after an Epcot dinner then go back into the park before it closes so you can catch a bus back to your resort.

Haa haa! I know what you mean. I always start out trying to be laid back but it never happens.

Hi following along from my PTR! :wave: So exciting for a chance to have a trip with your sister! After our trip last year I realized it was way more fun going with my cousin than a big group even though I love my family dearly lol.

:welcome: Glad you made your way over!! HAHA, i know what you mean, I love my family (and extended family) but sometimes my sister and I can accomplish twice as much in half the time when it is just the two of us!!

It makes me happy I am not the only adult that loves this!

You're not!! I'm already planning which characters I want photos with this year. Sadness and Joy, Olaf, Chewie and Kylo Ren are all new for me! Then i definitely want to meet Gaston again because he was absolutely hilarious! And then mickey and crew, and any princesses we can come across, and hopefully Lotso at the halloween party!!

Ha we do this too! Last year we kept adding a day here and there and finally had to cut it off at some point so we went to Disney Springs and had an early night. I was too excited too sleep and ended up getting up 2 hours early because I wanted to go to a park!

That's amazing! My sister and I were going over our week and we have one night where we end in the parks at 9pm and plan to swim after that. Every other night we are there until 11, 12, 1 hahaha. I have one day to rest after the trip before I have to go back to work, so i'll just sleep all day!

Hurray!!!! That sounds awesome! We'd love that. Anyone that loves character photos is an instant friend!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter