Post-Trip Blues! Just got home...when can I go back?

MichaelaF

Mouseketeer
YOU GUYS. We just got back from a wonderful two week trip - 10 days at WDW, 4 days at the beach at Cape Canaveral - and I'm super bummed out, y'all. It wasn't a perfect trip by any means (no trip is so long as there are other humans involved) but I LOVED it all. I miss it and no one else gets it! (My husband loved the trip - his first - but he came back to a new job that he was looking forward to. My 6-month-old can't quite relate yet!)

I feel like a crazy person. How do you all get over the post-trip blues?

:worried:

You are not alone.

On our 1st trip to WDW 4 years ago, we flew home on a Saturday. I went to work on Monday and was miserable all day. Couldn't focus, just wanted to get out of there! So now, I never go back to work right away when I return. I always take a couple of extra days off to decompress and get through the post vacation blues.

Since we usually go during the school year, our DS8 will go back to school and on one of the days post trip, my DW and I will head to our local mall and just wander around the Disney Store! We usually don't buy anything but at least in some small way we are still at Disney.

Start planning/talking about/booking your next vacation. On our trip to WDW 3 years back, we were staying at the WL and one the 1st day we noticed a flier in the room --- "Book now and SAVE!" HA! We just got here, not booking anything.... so fast forward to our last day and as we were getting our bags ready to leave the room and catch the shuttle back to the airport, DW was sitting on the bed, phone to her ear and the "Book now and SAVE!" flier in hand. 11 months later and we were back at the WL!! Just knowing that we would be back even before we left really helped us.

Not everyone can afford to do that for time/financial reasons or even for the fact that the next vacation will not be a Disney one. But whatever it will be, start getting excited about it now.

As our last few vacations have been to WDW and our upcoming one in Dec will also be, at least once a week, I find the Disney Vacation Planning DVD is playing in our house. It helps to keep us excited about what's to come :)

I hear ya, feeling the same way; got back last Saturday and know it will be another 4 years probably before the next trip. I already miss the planning and anticipation of the trip. We had a fantastic trip, just feeling very down knowing it will take a few years to save enough money to go back. Deleting my planning files off my work computer really got to me.

really glad it worked out that we could test the Magic Bands and FP+.

Thanks....you guys are making me feel a little less crazy. :) I'd like to start planning a little...and I guess I already am in my head, but there's still a lot of unknowns about our schedule next year so will have to play it by ear somewhat. Which I hate because I like planning in advance...but I don't like waiting! AHHHHH!

My best friend and I call this post-disney depression and it never really goes away! I've had it for about 8 months now! :sad: But I visit the Dis almost daily and it eases my pain :rotfl2:

I don't know if it's helping or hurting...I keep being reminded of what I'm missing!

(Then again, all the negative nellies around here do a good job of letting me know how terrible Disney is. LOL.)

I hear ya, feeling the same way; got back last Saturday and know it will be another 4 years probably before the next trip. I already miss the planning and anticipation of the trip. We had a fantastic trip, just feeling very down knowing it will take a few years to save enough money to go back. Deleting my planning files off my work computer really got to me.

really glad it worked out that we could test the Magic Bands and FP+.

What no never delete the plans!

We just got back last Sunday. It's surreal to go from Disney resort back to home.

It's the silly thinks that bum me out like trash in parking lots or not so clean public bathroom. Eating out with only ok serve, no smiles every where, cashiers that's don't want to be at work.

I never really notice these things till just after a Disney trip. Disney is so good at creating this cleaner then normal, happier then normal environment.

Think this is why we get blue afterwards.

Here's what helps me cleaning my house to near perfect, being super nice to everyone ( except dismembers ) lol, volunteer at my favorite places and give them Disney costumer service. Planning and dreaming about our next trip in dec 2016 ugh. Correcting the mistakes or dislikes from last trip if possible.

I still get the post-Disney-blues even after all of these years. Some trips are harder than others. For example, the first time we took DS, it was very hard to leave.

For me, the only way to really deal with things is to start planning the next trip, so I always have one in the pipeline, even if it's a year away. I'm already planning our father/son Star Wars Weekend trip for next year despite just getting back two weeks ago from a work/fun solo trip that got me to Disneyland for a few days. It's easier to leave Disney if you know you're going to be back.

The boards help some too, as does following blogs (official and unofficial), and my Disney music playlist is a boost sometimes. Part of me thinks those can make the ache worse though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter