Post office at CC?

cruzisme

Earning My Ears
Is there one on the cay?

Has anyone mailed from there and how long did it take?
Thanks.

There is a post office but it apparently is often closed. It was closed on the Friday that we visited Castaway in February. If it is closed, you may buy Bahamian stamps at Guest Services on the ship and they will mail your postcards for you the next time the post office is open. Our cards were postmarked from Castaway Cay the next week. They took about 5 weeks to reach us in Canada. HTH!

Same story here, used CC post office and took two months before we saw anything.. But happy family still got them.

We sailed on the Magic for Easter and the post office was closed. Took the postcards to GS and we still have not received them :confused3.. But I am hoping...:scratchin

If I remember right... if the post office is open you will need cash to buy the stamps. OUr children loved getting post cards (2 months later):hippie:

In 3 visits to Castaway Cay, the post office has never been open. Next time, I might just leave postcards at GS so they can mail them (eventually).

I was at CC last Saturday and the post office was open early but closed by the time we headed back to the ship around 2:30. I talked to the postman, he takes it from there to his island Abaco. It probably has to go through Freeport or Nassau from there.

We mailed some postcards to ourselves in 2004, still waiting for them. :rolleyes2

The post office was closed when we got off the ship, checked back a few hours later and it said out to lunch, or something like that. We went on the ship and asked to have our postcard mailed with the Bahamian stamp. We received it with a toy story one :/

We used to mail postcards every time we went. It took about 2 months to get them. So we would just jot down the highlights from vacation and then when we got the cards 2 months later, it would trigger a bunch of little things about the trip we had forgotten in that time.

And for the person that asked, yes, it you want GS to mail them for you, it would be a Bahamian stamp, not a US one. But you can get those from GS so it isn't a big deal.

(If the post office is open, you need cash - US is fine -- but bring smaller bills. We have often gone in and they didn't have change. I have 6 or 8 stamps I pre-purchased for our next trip because they didn't have change, now I can't find where I put them!!)

One time I went and the post office was closed. Guest services did have them mailed for me. Funny thing is I mailed two post cards to the same address (had to have Goofy mail one to our dog...) and they arrived several months apart!

Is there one on the cay?

Has anyone mailed from there and how long did it take?
Thanks.

We have mailed postcards from CC and when they didn't arrive after two months, we thought they were lost but after 3 MONTHS, they finally arrived. Guess they run on island time! :rotfl2:

I didn't mention in my post above about the two cards I mailed together...one took I believe three months to arrive, the second was something like EIGHT months! :scratchin

We mailed one to family which took a couple of months and one to ourselves which we are still waiting for.... it's been five years! Never tried again after that experience.

ThePhantomsGirl said:
One time I went and the post office was closed. Guest services did have them mailed for me. Funny thing is I mailed two post cards to the same address (had to have Goofy mail one to our dog...) and they arrived several months apart!

That's really cute about Goofy writing your doggy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter