Post Hurricane Pixie Dust Help Needed

mcnuss

<font color=blue>Beware the Atomic Tail!<font colo
Hey all --

My folks live in Stuart, FL about 1 mile from where Frances decided to come ashore on Saturday. Luckily, they came through fine and the house is ok, but they've been without power and water since the wee hours of Saturday morning. To say the least, they've about had it.

My mom called me to book her a room up near Orlando so that they could escape for a few days, and I was able to land them a room at the WL at the unbelievable FL resident rate of $105/night. But now I need some help from my expert DIS friends.

I'd like to set up something special for them for when they get there. She says they will not go to the parks so it would need to be something that does not require a ticket. I'd love to hear any and all ideas. These are real Disney-aholics, btw. I thought about dinner at AP, but I am not sure what they'll have for clothing!

Also, does anyone know how I could get in touch with the hotel manager? As much as I hate asking for perks, I am not above asking for a room upgrade or something for my traumatized parents! I figure that the worst that can happen is that they say no, but the best would be that they sprinkly my mom & step-dad with a little pixie dust.

Thanks very much for your help!

I think they have a spa at WL, you could prepay for them a spa treatment. Massage away those tense & tired muscles. Maybe set up a nice dinner to be brought to thier room.

Spa sounds great. Do you know if it's right in the hotel?

Originally posted by mcnuss
Spa sounds great. Do you know if it's right in the hotel?

I'm thinking it's over in the building where the villas are. They wouldn't even have to leave the resort.

They could go to DTD and see a movie, that would maybe take thier minds of things for a while.

BTW, I know people and have been to Stuart. I haven't talked to them in many years, but I still hope they're alright.

I think being waited on at Ohana's dinner would be great

I agree with a nice dinner at Ohana's. Maybe even a small gift basket sent to their room with some of their favorite things. Since they are not planning on doing the parks, maybe there is a way you could pay for an upgrade to say concierge without them knowing about it. When I was there in May, it was $50 night to upgrade from Woods view to concierge. This way they could defray some expenses on meals.

Michele

No, I don't think there's a spa at WL but there are massages available -- OKW is the same way. We have a small fitness center there that has some massage rooms. They probably have the same thing -- the massage rooms I mean. I do know massages are available at WL, just not a full spa like GF;)

AP doesn't have a dress code so I wouldn't worry about that. It's a great restaurant with great food. HDDR is also a fun show which is just a boat ride away to FW. If you like to send them a gift basket the WDW Florist does a nice job.

You just might be able to get an upgrade if you ask, this is the "slow" time of the year and I'd be surprised if all rooms are booked, well you never know but it can't hurt to ask. I'd just call the hotel directly and see if you can speak to the manager or room assigner or someone in charge and explain the situation, you never know.

I do understand the no power issue. My in-laws live in Boca Raton and even though they weren't hit as hard there, they still have no electricity and they don't know when they'll get it back so they are staying at a hotel in our area! The things we take for granted. We were SOOOO lucky, we were 1 of 6 houses in our neighborhood that didn't lose electric. Everyone I know around here lost it at least a day.

And we so much want to move from here in North Broward County to the Stuart area! And we still do. No matter where you are in FL you're always at risk for these darn hurricanes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter