2 days at XMAS 1 park ...any advice?

andrews1ma

Mouseketeer
We are cruising at christmas and I convinced my DH and DS 16 to do one day in the parks after the cruise. We are arriving back at Port Canaveral on 12/27. Plan is to drive to Disney- check in and then hit the hotels to see decorations and dinner on the 27th and then do the park(s) on the 28th. Since I will only have one day at the park on the 28th I have chosen to do Morning & Afternoon at MK and the evening at HS to see the lights so therefore want to catch the fireworks somewhere offsite on the 27th. I have never been at christmas so I am really stressed about getting as much in.
Need your help deciding which hotels to see for decorations and where is the best place to eat and watch fireworks?
These are not options due to picky eater and cost- CG & OHANA's & Narcooses.
We have watched the fireworks from Narcooses in the past and loved the view from there.
Was thinking to eat at Grand Floridian Cafe since they have a decent menu and not to expensive?
or should we do the counter service at contemporary and watch from the viewing deck - I have never done this before so I wasnt sure which angle is better. Or we can eat dinner at any of the Monorail resorts or even Wilderness lodge and then head to the Poly beach to watch ...decisions decions

Also need strategy for the park day- is this too crazy...
Rope Drop at MK- do some rides, see decorations and parade. Hoping for early dinner at LTT once ressies open up. Leave MK by 5- park hop by bus to HS ( how long does this take and does the bus drop you at MK or TTT?) see the lights at HS and maybe a ride or 2 if possible since I know crowds are crazy, rides are not really a priority, more for the christmas experience. Take bus back to MK ( it is open until 12 am that night) and see MK lit up for the evening - will miss the fireworks that night as they are scheduled for 8pm- no way to do lights at HS and wishes.

Thanks for helping me put this puzzle together... oh and neither my DH or DS are looking forward to this so I will be "dragging" them along....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter