Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Im sure this has been answered but when you book with points and then the point cost goes down and you rebook and get the difference back do those points expire like a credit would if you paid cash for the flight?

Your "refunded" points go back to your bank with no expiration as they were before! :love:

Your "refunded" points go back to your bank with no expiration as they were before! :love:

Thanks a bunch!! It certainly pays to keep checking. I have rebooked now 4 times and saved about 5000 points. I'm down to just 10,400 a person round trip!! Gotta love SW.

I think I goofed with getting vouchers from SW--what happened is I had to cancel our Oct trip due to illness--but since used a credit as part of the payment I had only until OCt 30 to book travel and be back by that date which was not going o work--I called to see if they would give us a short extension since were able to rebook and we leave Mon!!!! anyways they said they couldnt do an extension until after the funds expire so I called yesterday to get the vouchers--when I called to see if I could get an extension she said the vouchers have no expiration date--so now I got the vouchers and they expire in May!!! which I wasnt aware of--were already going to WDW in Jan and have had that airfare for awhile already

does anyone have any advice on what I could do now--Im really sorry now I used that credit --it was only for $30 but now its giving me such a headache yet I was so happy when I got it

so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated thanks all

I think I goofed with getting vouchers from SW--what happened is I had to cancel our Oct trip due to illness--but since used a credit as part of the payment I had only until OCt 30 to book travel and be back by that date which was not going o work--I called to see if they would give us a short extension since were able to rebook and we leave Mon!!!! anyways they said they couldnt do an extension until after the funds expire so I called yesterday to get the vouchers--when I called to see if I could get an extension she said the vouchers have no expiration date--so now I got the vouchers and they expire in May!!! which I wasnt aware of--were already going to WDW in Jan and have had that airfare for awhile already

does anyone have any advice on what I could do now--Im really sorry now I used that credit --it was only for $30 but now its giving me such a headache yet I was so happy when I got it

so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated thanks all

They gave you vouchers? I never heard of that one before. Gosh I have let some expire over the years just because we didn't travel in that years time. I never called because I didn't think there was anything they could do

Actually you can transfer points now. They changed that rule late 2014 or early 2015.
https://www.southwest.com/rapidrewards/points-center?int=GFOOTER-BUY-TRANSFER-POINTS

Yes, I should have been more clear in my original post. While you technically can transfer points you lose over 70% of the value of the points in the fee you have to pay to do so. In 99% of cases transferring does not make sense (especially in the case of the original poster who claimed to have "lots of points.")

I like to pretend that the transfer website doesn't exist...and I advise most folks to do the same.

Apply for a SWA credit card. I put everything on it that I normally pay cash for and then pay it off at the end of the month. I earn enough for 2 rt tickets a year. Especially now when I do my shopping on the Rapid Rewards site. If you have anyone you need to send flowers to now there is a 1000 point bonus for spending $29 and 30 per dollar spent on a arrangement.

I've been watching my flights for SW for May. At first they were $138 one way and stayed like that for a little while. They have only gone up since then...the departing up to $217! Did I miss my window of opportunity for low fares? Do they ever drop once they start rising from the "Wanna Getaway" $138 price?

I've been watching my flights for SW for May. At first they were $138 one way and stayed like that for a little while. They have only gone up since then...the departing up to $217! Did I miss my window of opportunity for low fares? Do they ever drop once they start rising from the "Wanna Getaway" $138 price?

I have seen drops, but not a lot of times. If a trip is planned in time, I buy tickets on the day they are released.

I will say that I have better luck buying tickets on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as far as fluctuating prices go.

But we did fly this past November and kept watching tickets and not buying...it was making me sick as I like to have my plans done as far in advance as possible, and finally they dropped one day (my daughter and I checked multiple times a day) and we jumped on them fast!

Just keep watching. My Feb flights have dropped several times now since I booked them a few months ago.

Just booked June Phl to Mco $180 Rt! Instead of leaving on a Saturday and returning on a Friday we are doing Thursday to Wednesday.

Oh wow, that is a great deal! How did you score that?

I'm currently looking to get a deal on flights in June as well.

looking at July as it just opened to looks like to get the $89 we will have to leave late afternoon on a monday or wednesday or very early...in your opinion would you book it now...I did book the way home as I was comfortable with the afternoon flight and we only do one big trip a year ....just surprised prices are so low so early!!

I booked our June trip the day they released rates due to getting $180 RT. I say if you see the time you want with a decent price go for it.

I understand that when using Rapid Rewards points, the person who "owns" the points must book to use those points. How would this work for my child's points? Do I simply book under his name and then use my credit card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter