Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I'm headed to WDW from 11/3 - 11/11. I'm checking flights and I'm a little surprised at the prices from Southwest. The prices I'm finding are about $200 to return from MCO. It that really as good as I'm going to get... or is there any chance for more specials in another week or two?

I should add I did find an amazing deal going to MCO - so I snatched that up. I just can't believe how high the return flights are!

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I had question about changing flights and early bird check ins. I recently purchased a flight for 6 people with early bird. Now a better time has become available at the same price I purchased my other flight. Can I change to the other flight and keep my early bird. Also how do I make the change? Thanks for the help, never have done this before.
I was wondering this as well when I changed airports and flight times. After booking the new flights, I still see EB (early bird) listed, so I'm going to say it's still there. I have no idea where it puts me in the early bird check in queue though...am I behind someone who booked that particular flight before me?

I'm headed to WDW from 11/3 - 11/11. I'm checking flights and I'm a little surprised at the prices from Southwest. The prices I'm finding are about $200 to return from MCO. It that really as good as I'm going to get... or is there any chance for more specials in another week or two?

I should add I did find an amazing deal going to MCO - so I snatched that up. I just can't believe how high the return flights are!
Have you checked again..ours dropped for nov.

We're traveling in January. Currently SW shows $296 outbound and $196 coming home. Is it better to wait until Aug 11 and see what pops up or should I be jumping on what's currently available?

Where are you coming from? That seems high, but if you are on the other side of the country then it might be a good deal. However I see prices go up and down all the time with SW. I personally NEVER have seen the best prices on the day they are released. A lot of times around the 3 month mark to 6 weeks prior is when I find my best prices.

Where are you coming from? That seems high, but if you are on the other side of the country then it might be a good deal. However I see prices go up and down all the time with SW. I personally NEVER have seen the best prices on the day they are released. A lot of times around the 3 month mark to 6 weeks prior is when I find my best prices.

Northern California. :) The *best* amount I saw was $161 one way on SW at a horrible time.

Thanks. We fly out of Islip, NY. So demand is very heavy and there are a lot less flights than there used to be just a few years ago (which makes zero sense, but that's another story). I have seen it happen many times before where the WGA fares show as unavailable (even on day 1 - as was the case here), and eventually become available. Although, of course..."prior results do not guarantee future success".
We also fly out of Islip. I booked our November trip at $109 going down and $185 returning. We are now at $99 Southbound and $131 Northbound. I .can certainly live with that but will keep checking.

Flying out of Albany NY and amazed with the rates for our Feb. 2015 trip. Both legs of the trip for a nonstop flight is $89 each. Its been a long time since I've seen prices this low! Jet Blue just started flying out of Albany to Orlando so that might have something to do with it.

Flying out of Albany NY and amazed with the rates for our Feb. 2015 trip. Both legs of the trip for a nonstop flight is $89 each. Its been a long time since I've seen prices this low! Jet Blue just started flying out of Albany to Orlando so that might have something to do with it.
Congrats!! That's pretty amazing!

We also fly out of Islip. I booked our November trip at $109 going down and $185 returning. We are now at $99 Southbound and $131 Northbound. I .can certainly live with that but will keep checking.
We are
Going down in December and I was able to get $90 going down and $99 coming back.
Got great deals

Flying from Long Island and southwest the only airline that flys direct. Going down 12/12-12/20

For those of you who have flown SW before, I have a luggage question. I know we get two bags each, the dimensions seem small though. Do you all take lots of luggage? We are a family of 6. I don't own that much luggage, the large suitcase we have exceeds the L+W+H. So I'm trying to figure if I need to go buy luggage or would it just be cheaper to pay the over he limit fee?

I went on SW website and saw that the outgoing portion of our trip has gone down. I used RR points to book our flights I thought I would be able to get our RR points put back in the acct but I was told I couldn't because the points I used for our round trip was lower than what it is now since the flight home is more. Would I have to rebook the flight down to get the rewards points back it would be 390 points for our 3 tickets?

Thanks, Linda

I went on SW website and saw that the outgoing portion of our trip has gone down. I used RR points to book our flights I thought I would be able to get our RR points put back in the acct but I was told I couldn't because the points I used for our round trip was lower than what it is now since the flight home is more. Would I have to rebook the flight down to get the rewards points back it would be 390 points for our 3 tickets?

Thanks, Linda

I've gotten RR points back when a return flight went down. I just rebooked the one flight on their website. You have to do it one person at a time. I'm surprised that they would just do that on the phone. Maybe they were confused?

I have paid for SW EBCI for all 4 members of our family. I know that SW checks us in 36 hours ahead of time. My question is, can I go in and print our boarding passes 36 hours ahead of time or do I have to wait till 24 hours ahead of time to print passes. I am just anxious to see what boarding position we receive. This my first time booking flights without the help of a TA. Thank you for your help.

For those of you who have flown SW before, I have a luggage question. I know we get two bags each, the dimensions seem small though. Do you all take lots of luggage? We are a family of 6. I don't own that much luggage, the large suitcase we have exceeds the L+W+H. So I'm trying to figure if I need to go buy luggage or would it just be cheaper to pay the over he limit fee?
We only pack one suitcase per person and that gives us plenty of room for souvenirs to take home.
The dimension and weight limits for checked bags are "50 pounds and maximum size is 62 inches (length + width + height)". Overweight and/oversized to 80 in is a $75 fee per bag. We bought our bags on a great sale at Bergners and you could get 2 or 3 bags for that $75. Guess it depends on how expensive the luggage you buy.

If you live near a Bergners and watch the sale ads, sometimes you find find them even less expensive than this. Here's a link to them online:

http://www.bergners.com/sc1/home/tr...eisure-bayside-luggage-collection-470122.html

I have paid for SW EBCI for all 4 members of our family. I know that SW checks us in 36 hours ahead of time. My question is, can I go in and print our boarding passes 36 hours ahead of time or do I have to wait till 24 hours ahead of time to print passes. I am just anxious to see what boarding position we receive. This my first time booking flights without the help of a TA. Thank you for your help.
Have to wait until the 24 hour mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!