Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Thanks for answering my questions about the refund policy. I checked SWA for our Nov 30 - Dec 5th dates and the morning flights are already sold out for Nov 30th :eek: Travel for two of us would be $675 if I booked today, about $300 more than we paid for our Feb flights. It would also take us two vacations to use up that amount of money if we cancelled this trip. :scared1: We are planning to return to WDW in the spring, either April or early May, so the one year mark would be tight to use up any credits we would get if the price drops.

I really don't want an early afternoon flight to Orlando. All the early morning full flights are Airtran flights. Would SWA add a bunch of early flights later?

Are those the Wanna Get Away fares? They might add flights later, but you can't count on anything. You could keep watching. If there are Air Tran flights you could book those, as long as you book them on SW.com you still get the free baggage but your seats would be assigned by Air Tran - you could try to change them at the airport if you did not like the seats they assign.

Are those the Wanna Get Away fares? They might add flights later, but you can't count on anything. You could keep watching. If there are Air Tran flights you could book those, as long as you book them on SW.com you still get the free baggage but your seats would be assigned by Air Tran - you could try to change them at the airport if you did not like the seats they assign.

Yes, they are Wanna Get Away fares. The AirTran flights are the ones sold out.

I just did something I have never done before in my life, I just booked one way flights. I've never done that before, but I am really only worried about the Nov 30th Saturday flight and not the Thursday flight.

Will I be able to apply any credits I might get if the price drops for these flights to my return trip costs when I book those later?

Thanks for answering my questions about the refund policy. I checked SWA for our Nov 30 - Dec 5th dates and the morning flights are already sold out for Nov 30th :eek: Travel for two of us would be $675 if I booked today, about $300 more than we paid for our Feb flights. It would also take us two vacations to use up that amount of money if we cancelled this trip. :scared1: We are planning to return to WDW in the spring, either April or early May, so the one year mark would be tight to use up any credits we would get if the price drops.

I really don't want an early afternoon flight to Orlando. All the early morning full flights are Airtran flights. Would SWA add a bunch of early flights later?

I thought SWA only had released their flights thru Nov 1st .... did I miss something? :confused3

We usually drive, but we're considering flying for my sister's wedding in November. Is $121 each way good from Dallas? Do you think it will go down any before then? I don't want to wait and miss out on the $121.

I just did something I have never done before in my life, I just booked one way flights. I've never done that before, but I am really only worried about the Nov 30th Saturday flight and not the Thursday flight.

Will I be able to apply any credits I might get if the price drops for these flights to my return trip costs when I book those later?
Yes, you will one year from the booking date to apply funds...(hang on to your original confirmation number, that'll be your credit.)

We usually drive, but we're considering flying for my sister's wedding in November. Is $121 each way good from Dallas? Do you think it will go down any before then? I don't want to wait and miss out on the $121.

That's what I've paid the last few trips. I'd buy at that rate quick.

I was going to book on SW or AirTran from Chicago to Orlando during the Christmas / New Years period and the cheapest flights around $440 RT. I can do better on United or American. What's up with that? I wonder if they will go on sale later. I also wonder if there is any point to booking SW now then rebooking if they get cheaper (which is, admittedly, something that cannot be done on AA or UA).

Yes, you will one year from the booking date to apply funds...(hang on to your original confirmation number, that'll be your credit.)

Not exactly true....the travel you book with the funds must be completed within one year of the original purchase date.

I misunderstood that once. You can't apply funds before the expiration date for travel after the expiration date.

Yes you can!! Now, you just have to hope the price drops before you buy your returns. That is one nice thing about buying one way tickets.

[QUOTE="Wood Nymph;48313550"
I really don't want an early afternoon flight to Orlando. All the early morning full flights are Airtran flights. Would SWA add a bunch of early flights later?[/QUOTE]

SWA rarely adds flights once schedules are released.

Can someone explain SW Rapid Rewards? I just signed up last week (wished I signed up when I booked our Jan 2013 flights...ugghh). I booked me and DH's Oct Food and Wine flights last week and then, yesterday, I booked all 5 of us flights for our big family Xmas trip. I signed up for the RR under my name but will I get points for all 2-5 of us I booked flights for? And when will the points show up...after we take the flight? Is there a way I can get the points for the Jan flights even though I wasn't signed up for RR then? TIA!

Can someone explain SW Rapid Rewards? I just signed up last week (wished I signed up when I booked our Jan 2013 flights...ugghh). I booked me and DH's Oct Food and Wine flights last week and then, yesterday, I booked all 5 of us flights for our big family Xmas trip. I signed up for the RR under my name but will I get points for all 2-5 of us I booked flights for? And when will the points show up...after we take the flight? Is there a way I can get the points for the Jan flights even though I wasn't signed up for RR then? TIA!

You only get your points. You'll need to sign up each person to get the RR for them. And you can still get the ones from your flights booked. Can't remember how, but I remember that I did the same thing my first flight...booked then signed up. Somehow I ended up with the flights.

Not exactly true....the travel you book with the funds must be completed within one year of the original purchase date.

I misunderstood that once. You can't apply funds before the expiration date for travel after the expiration date.

Correct...
By booking date, I mean the date you booked the flight..
And correct ...travel funds must be used, and travel completed by the one year "anniversary" of the original date-of-purchase. ( I think I hate that stipulation he most...:guilty:....)

I was going to book on SW or AirTran from Chicago to Orlando during the Christmas / New Years period and the cheapest flights around $440 RT. I can do better on United or American. What's up with that? I wonder if they will go on sale later. I also wonder if there is any point to booking SW now then rebooking if they get cheaper (which is, admittedly, something that cannot be done on AA or UA).

Remember the price might be cheaper but you also have to pay for your luggage EACH WAY so include that in the price of your "cheap" ticket.

Is anyone else having issues booking flights through Southwest.com? I receive an error message. Also I receive a busy signal when calling the 800 number.

Is anyone else having issues booking flights through Southwest.com? I receive an error message. Also I receive a busy signal when calling the 800 number.

I had some error messages earlier in the day when I changed 3 flights.

Hitting back and re-submitting did the trick but that's certainly not normal behavior for Southwest.com....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter