Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

We got a flyer in the newspaper this past Sunday from World Market that said if you spend $20 at World Market you can get 15% off your next SWA roundtrip Wanna Get Away Fare. I did not bring the flyer with me to share all the fine print, but at least some of the info is available at the website.

http://www.worldmarket.com/home/index

Look at the back page of the add.

HTH someone get a better deal!!

They also have a contest for anyone who wants to enter.

Anyone have an idea of when SW may open their late February flights for booking?

From the SWA Website:

Travel Tools

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 4, 2013. On July 9, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through February 13, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

For future reference you can find it under Travel Tools in the upper left corner of the main page. Click on Travel Tools --> All travel Tools (at the bottom of drop down box)

I am thinking about changing my "Direct- no plane change but one stop" flight with Southwest (first time flying with them) to an earlier flight that has One plane change, I have NEVER changed planes before to get to my destination. It has a 55 minute plane change at the New Orleans MSY airport. The flight would leave Dallas TX Love Field at 6:35 am & arrive in New Orleans MSY airport at 7:55 & then you change planes & depart there at 8:50 am & then arrive in Orlando at 11:25 am.

Is 55 minutes enough time to change planes at the New Orleans MSY airport? I was looking at the LA MSY airport online & I can't tell........ Any prior experiences & thoughts? A prior thread stated to allow at least 2 hours minimum, is 55 minutes too close?

Also, does your EBCI apply to both legs of the flight?

Yes. Msy is small compared to other airports and all SW gates are together.

I now have both my arrival and return flights booked and linked together....question....Is there a way to add the coke rewards code to it now?...after the fact of them being booked. No big deal if I can't, but if I could, I sure will give it a try.

DISERS! Is all hope REALLY lost for getting a lower fare? I'm leaving from Baltimore on Fri. Aug 31st, coming back on Sun. Sept 9th. The sales they had excluded Fridays and Sundays. My roundtrip ticket will be $303. I have NEVER paid that much before. Any suggestions? :confused3

Check again? If you're flexible about the flight times, I came up with $210-215 rt just now for those dates so the prices may have changed since yesterday.

Does anyone have a Coke Rewards Code (or any other code for that matter) that they are not going to use? I finally got enough Coke points to get the code and it isn't listed on the website anymore!!!:eek::sad1::eek: Please PM me! Thanks in advance!!!

Does anyone have a Coke Rewards Code (or any other code for that matter) that they are not going to use? I finally got enough Coke points to get the code and it isn't listed on the website anymore!!!:eek::sad1::eek: Please PM me! Thanks in advance!!!

Last I look it was extend till July. Maybe they sold enough.

Last I look it was extend till July. Maybe they sold enough.

Thanks for the reply! The day after I earned my last few points, I went to the Coke reward site to get the code and the promo was gone!!! I was bummed!

I was hoping someone could clear up the difference in SW fares for me. I read the descriptions but I'm still a bit confused. I'm looking to fly out December 4 and return December 11. The regular fares are sky high right now on those but the 'Wanna Get Away' fares are really low. Is it still far enough out that I should keep watching and waiting for the regular fares to drop? There must be some steep downsides to booking the WGA fares for them to be so low. Thoughts??

I was hoping someone could clear up the difference in SW fares for me. I read the descriptions but I'm still a bit confused. I'm looking to fly out December 4 and return December 11. The regular fares are sky high right now on those but the 'Wanna Get Away' fares are really low. Is it still far enough out that I should keep watching and waiting for the regular fares to drop? There must be some steep downsides to booking the WGA fares for them to be so low. Thoughts??

I can't tell you the difference except pretty much every I know does the I wanna get away fares.

The main difference is that "wanna get away" fares are non-refundable. The other 2 categories are fully refundable. If you book a WGA fare, you can still change flights with no change fees, you just have to pay the difference in price if it's higher. If you change to a lower priced flight, you will get an account credit, not a refund. If you join their Rapid Rewards program you earn more points for higher class seats. Unless you're a business traveler (or someone else is paying :)) Not much reason to pay for a higher class.

If this has been answered elsewhere, my apologies - I couldn't find it!

I signed up for the SW credit card with 50K bonus points and they are now available for use. For those of you wondering - it was about 4.5 weeks from the time of application to the points showing up in my account.

My question is, when I book travel using these points and the price goes down, does the credit get applied to each person I bought tickets for or does it go back into my RR account? I'm debating whether to book now or wait for the flights to go down again. I know that if you don't use points, the refund is tied to the person.

TIA

If this has been answered elsewhere, my apologies - I couldn't find it!

I signed up for the SW credit card with 50K bonus points and they are now available for use. For those of you wondering - it was about 4.5 weeks from the time of application to the points showing up in my account.

My question is, when I book travel using these points and the price goes down, does the credit get applied to each person I bought tickets for or does it go back into my RR account? I'm debating whether to book now or wait for the flights to go down again. I know that if you don't use points, the refund is tied to the person.

TIA

All of the points will be refunded back to your RR account and there is no expiration date on them like a $$ credit (ticketless travel funds) credit would have! It'll be like you never used them at all! :banana:

Today my flight from Baltimore to Orlando is $53 cheaper! WOO HOO!!! So now I have that credit! Hopefully my flight home will go down too.

So check your flights today! Good Luck!

All of the points will be refunded back to your RR account and there is no expiration date on them like a $$ credit (ticketless travel funds) credit would have! It'll be like you never used them at all! :banana:

I have a similar question...I havent decided if we will be flying into Tampa to visit my brother a couple days early and then driving over to Orlando for our vacation, or if we will just fly straight to orlando on the day we are to check in. If I book the tampa flights on points, then change my mind and change to the Orlando flights on a different day, will the points go back to my account if there is a difference?

I have a similar question...I havent decided if we will be flying into Tampa to visit my brother a couple days early and then driving over to Orlando for our vacation, or if we will just fly straight to orlando on the day we are to check in. If I book the tampa flights on points, then change my mind and change to the Orlando flights on a different day, will the points go back to my account if there is a difference?

You will book your Tampa flights. If you change your mind you will click on the link "change reservation". At that point you will choose your new flights (you can change days, locations, time, whatever). Depending on the total they will either deduct additional points if it costs more or refund your extra points back to your RR account if it costs less. There are no fees, penalties or expiration dates at all! :)

I have another question...a member of my traveling party said I should look into discounts through AARP because she is a member. Is that possible to get discounts on all our tickets with her one membership if I'm paying for it all on one credit card? Is it possible to get discounts at all on Southwest using AARP? :confused3 I know nothing about AARP so any help is appreciated.

I have another question...a member of my traveling party said I should look into discounts through AARP because she is a member. Is that possible to get discounts on all our tickets with her one membership if I'm paying for it all on one credit card? Is it possible to get discounts at all on Southwest using AARP? :confused3 I know nothing about AARP so any help is appreciated.

I'd like to know the answer to that as well. My mom is a member and it would be great if we can all get the discount.

ETA: I talked to my mom about this and went online to AARP's web site. They only use Expedia for booking flights. Unfortunately, Expedia (and those like it) do not use SW or JetBlue. I'm not willing to pay mid $300's to over $500 on a non-stop flight to Orlando that I can get through SW for $142 or Jet Blue for $128 right now.

:wave2: Hi fellow DISers we have a problem booking a SWA flight and hope that someone could help us:

How many unused travel funds/ credits can you use when you book a new flight? We have 2 travel credits from the same confirmation # for our flights from June to MCO (fares came down twice) and we would like to apply to our new flight reservation for a trip in september. There is two of us so we've applied four funds between the two of us and added the credit card info for the remaining balance.

The system then gives us an error message "Please remove one of the other Payment types in order to use a credit card."

We are not sure what went wrong when we try to apply the credits. Has anyone try to apply credits before? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter