Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I would love some opinions on EBCI. We are going to WDW towards the end of July. We had planned on driving, but now I see some pretty good SW fares out of Chicago. Since we are so late to book the flights, does it make sense to book EBCI? From what I have read, those who book first, get seat assignments first through EBCI. My concern about seats is that our two kids are nervous fliers, so I want us to sit together.

It always makes sense to book EBCI if you are worried about sitting together. I look at it like this: Two-thirds of the seats are preferred window or aisle seats. Middle seats will ALWAYS be chosen last (except for families who want to sit with their kids, which actually gives you a better chance at a preferred/middle seating). Booking EBCI will put you ahead of everyone who doesn't want to pay extra, doesn't care where they sit, etc. Even if you get a "B" boarding position, chances are very good that you'll get a middle and either an aisle or window seat, so as long as you have one adult per child, you shouldn't have to have the kids sit "alone" without an adult.

Also, if you have to change flights, EBCI will check you in 36 hours ahead of your originating flight, which puts you at 36+two or more hours ahead of the connecting flight... so you are in the queue ahead of the EBCI people who are originating at the airport from where you'll be connecting.

If you are worried about having to sit with the kids, I'd book the EBCI. You will still be ahead of anyone who hasn't yet booked EBCI, as well as those who won't be booking EBCI.

It always makes sense to book EBCI if you are worried about sitting together. I look at it like this: Two-thirds of the seats are preferred window or aisle seats. Middle seats will ALWAYS be chosen last (except for families who want to sit with their kids, which actually gives you a better chance at a preferred/middle seating). Booking EBCI will put you ahead of everyone who doesn't want to pay extra, doesn't care where they sit, etc. Even if you get a "B" boarding position, chances are very good that you'll get a middle and either an aisle or window seat, so as long as you have one adult per child, you shouldn't have to have the kids sit "alone" without an adult.

Also, if you have to change flights, EBCI will check you in 36 hours ahead of your originating flight, which puts you at 36+two or more hours ahead of the connecting flight... so you are in the queue ahead of the EBCI people who are originating at the airport from where you'll be connecting.

If you are worried about having to sit with the kids, I'd book the EBCI. You will still be ahead of anyone who hasn't yet booked EBCI, as well as those who won't be booking EBCI.

Thanks! Makes total sense. I just booked it!

I would get EBCI now. It is first come first serve. The earlier you buy, the better number you will get.

Change vs Cancel: After you have your flight booked, you will see 2 different options. One is change. One is cancel. If you cancel, you will get the entire cost of the flight as a travel credit. You could then use that travel credit to book another flight. You will lose EBCI if you do this. If you click change, it will bring you into flight search. You can change it to ANYTHING. Different dates. Different airports. etc. If you go through the change process, you should not lose EBCI.

If you are concerned about it, you can always do change over the phone. They will ensure you do not lose it.

Can you use change to get a lower fare on the same flight and get the rest as credit or do you have to cancel and rebook for that? If you cancel/rebook, how long does it take the credit to show up so you can rebook?

You can do that online in the sw website

But I always call and have it done with the sw rep

Twice I found a drop in my fall flight
I called, they made the correction and applied the credits to my RR account in ooints

Hello

Just need some clarification on points. I purchased 10 one way tickets back in March on my husband account using his points (we all have rewards but he had enough to cover all of us. Price went lower on 5 tickets (10k points). Does the points go back into his account or the tickets holders account? Just trying to figure out what to do with those points since we have to use them by March 2017.

Still waiting for a drop on our flights down in Nov. Nothing on this fall sale...:rolleyes1 After such amazing $36 flights home, I guess I am wanting to be wowed again.:flower:Last year they dropped to $44 at the end of July. Hoping it drops a little sooner....

Waiting for 7 July for travel dates to be extended into 2017 (Travel 7-14 Jan).
Gonig to try SW for the first time this trip.
Anyone here fly out of MHT?
One the first day of fare release, what kind of fare should I expect?
Just me and my DD9 traveling, should I buy the Early Bird Check-in?
Thank you!

While researching flights from NY to LA, I found a 1-way flight for $187 that had a plane change in Las Vegas. Out of curiosity, I decided to see how much just the direct flight to Las Vegas would cost. $261 for the exact same leg on the same day/time!

I guess some sort of price war? I'm trying to wrap my head around why they're charging $74 less for the entire flight to passengers flying another leg.

That's got to annoy the people who just want to fly to Las Vegas, too.

Hello

Just need some clarification on points. I purchased 10 one way tickets back in March on my husband account using his points (we all have rewards but he had enough to cover all of us. Price went lower on 5 tickets (10k points). Does the points go back into his account or the tickets holders account? Just trying to figure out what to do with those points since we have to use them by March 2017.

His account. Why do you have to use them by March 2017?

While researching flights from NY to LA, I found a 1-way flight for $187 that had a plane change in Las Vegas. Out of curiosity, I decided to see how much just the direct flight to Las Vegas would cost. $261 for the exact same leg on the same day/time!

I guess some sort of price war? I'm trying to wrap my head around why they're charging $74 less for the entire flight to passengers flying another leg.

That's got to annoy the people who just want to fly to Las Vegas, too.

There is something called "hidden city" ticketing. This is where you book that connecting flight to Vegas, but get off in Vegas and never take the 2nd leg. You will usually lose any points you would earn, but it is a way to find cheaper flights sometimes.

There is something called "hidden city" ticketing. This is where you book that connecting flight to Vegas, but get off in Vegas and never take the 2nd leg. You will usually lose any points you would earn, but it is a way to find cheaper flights sometimes.
Just curious. But is there a way to have your luggage removed from the plane if not taking the 2nd leg?

His account. Why do you have to use them by March 2017?

I taught you have to use the refunded point within in a year of ticket purchase. Maybe I am confused with the cash options refund vs the points refund. I just didnt want to lose so much points.

I taught you have to use the refunded point within in a year of ticket purchase. Maybe I am confused with the cash options refund vs the points refund. I just didnt want to lose so much points.

Points go back into your account and do NOT expire in a year. If your account doesn't have any activity for 24 months they all expire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter