Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I'm (im)patiently waiting for the flights to be released on 2/18 for our end of August trip. I would like to pay for one flight with RR points and put the other 3 down and all 4 back on my credit card. Is this possible to do in one transaction? I want to get an idea of what i'll need to do ahead of time because there is typically ONE non-stop flight down... and I want to make sure we're on it!

So anyone know how to look up where your plane might be coming from? I know how to do this on the united app but can't seem to find it on southwest. Thanks!

one more question.

Anyone ever have any luck getting stand by or an earlier flight even though wanna get away fare was booked due to weather concerns?

To find where your flight is coming from:
flightaware.com
Enter flight # in the second box down on the right and click track flight.

Now there is a choice. If your flight number is starting at your airport it will say track inbound flight below the flight #. Click this. Then look under the map for that flight's history.

Otherwise look below the map and you will see the flight's history for the last week or so.

Does anyone know this answer? I booked a round trip flight for 4 in June. If my husband and son want to change their portion on the first flight and leave two days later is it going to be possible to do that? I understand they need to pay the difference but is it possible since I am listed first on the flight. Will they just split them and we will get two confirmations?

I'm also waiting for the flights to open for the fall on Feb 18th. This will be our first time booking Southwest if the prices are good. I have heard that sometimes they release the flights a few days ahead of time? Any people have experience with that? And what time of the morning do you think it will open? I'm on eastern time.

When flights open up Feb 18, what time do they open?

Is it typically better to buy as soon as they open? Is that usually the lowest price?

When flights open up Feb 18, what time do they open?

Is it typically better to buy as soon as they open? Is that usually the lowest price?

Usually opens between 6 and 6:15 am ET. This will be some of the lowest you will see but I often find lower sales within a month or two of the trip if the flight doesn't sell out.

Hi Everyone! I am looking to book flights for 6 people Nov. 12-19. I am currently spending a lot on SW cards (mine and DH) to get enough RR to cover all the flights (we signed up with a 50000 RR bonus for each card!). Anyway, I am afraid that our flights will open up before I have the points posted to my account. What is the best way to proceed? Can I purchase with cash and get it switched to points? Should I wait until I have enough points and risk not having wanna get away available? Also, does anyone know if those dates will open up mid-Feb? I know I read that it will open up for "early November" but I don't know what they consider early.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Is family boarding still between group A and B? If I check in exactly 24 hours in advance, am I likely to get A? Debating whether to buy EEarly Bird check in, but we have kids under 4, but we need 2 window seats due to bringing the kid's car seats on board

Is it normal for SW to loose the EBCI if they change the time of the flight? Mine appears to be missing from my return flight after the update yesterday.....they re-applied it, but does anyone know if I will be in the same position I was? I booked within the first 15 minutes of the ticketing window in October so I was hoping we were towards the front of wanna get away fare purchasers!

The position is a gamble. I booked a return flight from MCO at the very last minute, flight was leaving in less than 6 hrs and I got an A boarding position even though I booked so late.

Is family boarding still between group A and B? If I check in exactly 24 hours in advance, am I likely to get A? Debating whether to buy EEarly Bird check in, but we have kids under 4, but we need 2 window seats due to bringing the kid's car seats on board

Family boarding is still between group A and B.

We didn't have any problems getting two window seats during family boarding on a sold out flight a few weeks ago. You may just be near the back of the plane.

Depends on what you mean by "exactly". 5 seconds can make a big difference. I frequently see EBCI in the B's on flights to/from MCO. So, even with buying EBCI, family boarding may be better for you. I don't think you will have trouble finding 2 window seats after the A's. There are 59 window seats on a 737-800 and 48 on a 737-700. If you are at the front of family boarding, there are about 60 people on the plane already. I would say 1/2 of them are sitting next to year other. So I would guess there are at least 20 window seats open at that point. (Assuming this is not a connecting flight through MCO)

Can someone refresh my memory. I bought my tickets in August but just now am considering buying EBCI for a flight next month. Does your EBCI position have to do with when you bought your tickets or when you bought the EBCI? I realize that the fare also plays a part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter