possibly the lamest PIN ever

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by krispyk, Sep 1, 2010.

1. krispyk

krispyk Earning My Ears

I couldn't believe I was actually sent a PIN. Then I read the email...

10% off resorts for select Sundays through Thursdays when they're already offering room discounts of 25% to 40%.

W.T.F. ?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. larryz

larryz Maybe next year... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Dubya Tee Eff = what's this for? (I hope...after all, this is a family board.)

Anyway, are you sure it's a pin, or was it the "general public code" email?

4. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

It's a separate offer than the public offers, for which there is limited availability. This offer is likely a sign that the bigger public discounts have been effective and the rooms set aside for those offers are pretty well booked up on the dates when the 10% discount would be effective.

5. Tarheel girl 1975

Tarheel girl 1975 Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

I got a pin once which actually wasn't a discount at all. The rates listed on the pin were rack rates. Needless to say, we didn't use it.

6. Music City Mama

Music City Mama DIS Veteran

I can relate! I'm going to C&P below my post on a thread from the Discounts Codes/Rates board:

My calculations show that it's slighty cheaper than this without this "deal". Unless kids are free (which they failed to mention), I don't see how this is a deal at all. And yes, it has an actual PIN in the email to mention when making the reservation. So weird.

7. mamabright

mamabright Mouseketeer

I got the same PIN code. The dates didn't work for me but I did not do the math to see if it was a good deal or not. I went last on the 4/3 deal so I want that again so I can convince DH to go back anytime soon.

8. shanasbananas

shanasbananas Earning My Ears

YES! The 4/3 deal was awesome! We did that last summer and even though there's free dining this trip, I think the 4/3 worked out better for us. Hope it comes back some day! pixiedust:

9. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Honestly, unless something drastic happens to the economy, I don't think you will ever see the 4/3 deal again. I think that would be a deal they would lose money on, and would most likely never do again unless they were really, really desparate.