possibly stupid quest :re autograph books

Mrs.viv07

DIS Veteran
how do i make one? is there a DIY website or help guide for this?
where do i get the character to decorate the pages from?
my son will be 6 so i want to include him in the project

TIA

You can buy a blank Disney one at Disney World in any of the gift shops or make one at home before you go. Creative Memories sells a 7x7 album with a Disney Snap Pack that you can combine to make for your trip or you can go to a local scrapbook store, Walmart or craft store to buy a small album to make yourself.

One thing to keep in mind that if you do buy a small album make sure that it has paper pages that the sheet protectors go over (usually a strap hinge album) - not plastic top loading ones unless you want to carry around the paper for the characters to sign. I know some people that make "signature blocks", or blank rectangles for the characters to sign and then put those in their album after they get home. This is a great idea from a scrapbooker's point of view but it seems to me that it would be difficult for some of the characters to hold a little piece of paper and sign it at the same time.

Personally I use the Creative Memories album and decorate it myself. I know pretty much which characters we will see and decorate accordingly. I also leave a few pages blank just in case there are some that we see that I don't have stickers for and then decorate them when we get home. Check out the Scrapbooking thread under the Creative Ideas forum for more ideas. There are some really talented people on the Dis Boards. Sorry this is long but I hope it helps.

PS - there are no stupid questions

Making the autograph book... What a FAB. idea! Im so glad i found the DIS board. Thanks for the idea. :)

I made mine and got lots of comments from Cm's with the characters and lots of thumb's up from the characters. I am not sure of the board-but it was here on dis--maybe under creatvie dis--but there is a lady that has made pages and she has them on a site that you can go to and down load them, i put them 2 to a page on cardstock, and then cut them apart and put a silver ring through the corner so it was easy to flip.
I will look to see if I have the exact board bookmarked, if I do I will post it!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter